Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

BIC_MakeupMadness_ThreadImage.png

Finally, a sport we can all get behind... MAKEUP MADNESS! In the spirit of March, we’ve put together the ultimate battle of the beauty favorites – bracket style! – and it’s YOUR turn to vote! Each week, we’ll have a new showdown, pitting tried-and-true makeup categories against each other until we narrow it down and crown the Community Champion makeup product category… and hopefully get some all-star recs along the way! 😊

Makeup Madness Champion Revealed.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and TAG a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, @AlexBT can’t live without her signature cat eye, so in the battle between Mascara vs. Eyeliner, she might reply with “EYELINER! Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Matte Liquid Eyeliner 0.08 oz/ 2.4 mL😼

Each new round of voting starts Fridays at 2pm PT, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3-3/11): Mascara (👑) vs. Eyeliner 
  • ROUND 2 (3/12-3/18): Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/19-3/25): Brow Gel vs. Brow Pencil (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/26-4/1): Bronzer vs. Blush (👑)
  • ROUND 5 (4/2-4/8): Mascara (👑) vs. Lipstick 
  • ROUND 6 (4/9-4/15): Brow Pencil (👑) vs. Blush
  • FINAL ROUND (4/16-4/22): Mascara (👑) vs. Brow Pencil 
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/23): 👑 Mascara 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (Mascara or Brow Pencil!) use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/23/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2021! This year’s champion is mascara - BIC, we respect your commitment to the lash game. 🙌 Here were Community members’ top-tagged mascaras from your votes throughout this challenge:

1. ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 
  2. MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml 
  3. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black 
  4. Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL 
  5. Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

While mascara took home the crown this time, you all showed lots of love for all the other makeup categories in the bracket! Here were the most-tagged products in some of the other categories:

We thank you again for playing, BIC! See you later for the next beauty challenge… 😉

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge Week 6: Brow Pencil vs. Blush

@itsfi 🙌🏼 Thanks! I may just pick this up. Avoiding coconut and avocado oil along with all the random citrus oils in products has been getting so much harder. 

Yes @lnum Poppet is really very pretty and @itsfidescribed it perfectly. I also tend to layer it with a light liquid blush under or powder blush over it for more staying power but it does well on it’s own and the texture is perfect. Think @curlychiquita and I also have some swatches of the different shades as well somewhere, probably on swatch thread. Try it. You’ll def like it. 😊

@lnum, oooh, Poppet is a gorgeous, bright pink that is perfect for spring and summer. I'll have to try this one on bare cheeks. When I picked up Petal, I was light-medium; it would give me a flush of color.

@sabrinas has some fabulous swatches on the Westman Atelier thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/The-Wonderful-Westman-Atelier/m-p/4100413/highlight/...

What other blushes have you been loving?

Wow and here I was holding out for Lipstick as the overall pick😳 I am more than shocked! 

I will have to go with brow pencil for this round, because like lipstick, it sets the face and frames everything so beautifully. The in-between ashy and too orange-y ABH Brow Wiz in Chocolate yet again!

@TeamBIC It's definitely blush for me! My eye brows are ok on their own, but my pale ghost face needs some color 😄 My favorites right now are MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Mood from the recent gratis, (thank you!) and NARS Blush Orgasm X. I'm hoping to pick up a couple more shades of those Merit blushes. 😉

Looooove the Merit blush @Shosh85! I've had my eye on a couple of the other shades; it's been so hard deciding what to get now and what to save for later.

@itsfi  Oh my goodness you're telling me! I've been trying to pace myself and not over-do it, but I keep seeing more and more things I want!   

Goodness gracious, yes!!!! 😆 100% relate to that! I am trying to make just one more medium sized haul before the sale ends but pacing myself is easier said than done!! 🙃 And it seems this shopping cart of mine fills up faster by the day! 😂 

@itsfi @Shosh85 I just had a yucky meeting that I wasn't enjoying and so I minimized the people while ordering the TOM FORD Cream Color For Eyes 02 Opale .  At this point in the day/week/pandemic I'm saying yolo and ordering when I feel like it to get the high.  PS... I started off figuring I'd do 2-3 orders and call it a sale.  The universe ran my freezer out of ice cream but gave us 20% off to make up for it... this is how life is now lol

@missjeanie @Shosh85, that TF eyeshadow looks so pretty! 😍 So sorry you had to sit through a yucky meeting! 😒 The TF sounds like just the thing the situation called for! 👍🏼 

Now, about being out of ice cream ... surely, that can be addressed too, yes? You can have the TF shadow and ice cream!! 🥰

Lol @itsfi  the ice cream will be on the next grocery order!  Of that I can assure you.  I've pretty much decided today that if picking out some makeup I don't need makes my day better... I'm just gonna go ahead and pick something every dang day lol

@missjeanie  Hahaha! I like your style! An order a day keeps the crankiness away! 😂 @itsfi 

Also stinging from the loss of beloved lip but this has to be blush for me. I have not mastered brow pencil that well. Go blush! Many favs but one great one to look freshly flushed always. Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Stick Poppet 

Hmmm.

So I love blush for draping.  I can get it to peek out of my mask and feel pretty doll-ed up.

I've threaded my eyebrows to the end of the earth, unfortunately, so pomade and brow products are required.

I love a pomade, but I have worked Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Dark Brown back into rotation.  It just gets that brow line so sharp.  Brow pen it is!

Lowkey mad lipstick isn't in the finals

@danielledanielle 

Former brow threader here. I look like a completely different person if I do one brow and leave the other (I sadly know this as I’ve left the house like this once 😶) brows make such a diff! 

Ohhhhhh noooo 😂 @GG84 

Yeah, I made the mistake of going back to someone who was too rough twice, because I was in a hurry.  If I had put on my glasses as saw what she did, I think I could've saved them!

Mascara won! Yay

This is torture to a blush lover because I can’t live without Brow pencil so Brow pencil it is for me.

Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil Dark Brunette 

@fatimamummy -

Yes, yes it is. 

OMG my pick actually pulled through 😄 YAY for mascara!! 

I'm going to go with Brow Pencil over blush because I rarely use blush. I just picked this one up from Sephora Collection:

SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable EyeBrow Pencil - Waterproof 

At 30% off, my curiosity couldn't be contained 😄 

You enabler @Mcakes  Now I need to check it out.

giphy

Can't stop won't stop 😄

4 Replies
testing