Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

BIC_MakeupMadness_ThreadImage.png

Finally, a sport we can all get behind... MAKEUP MADNESS! In the spirit of March, we’ve put together the ultimate battle of the beauty favorites – bracket style! – and it’s YOUR turn to vote! Each week, we’ll have a new showdown, pitting tried-and-true makeup categories against each other until we narrow it down and crown the Community Champion makeup product category… and hopefully get some all-star recs along the way! 😊

Makeup Madness Champion Revealed.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and TAG a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, @AlexBT can’t live without her signature cat eye, so in the battle between Mascara vs. Eyeliner, she might reply with “EYELINER! Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Liner 0.08 oz/ 2.4 mL😼

Each new round of voting starts Fridays at 2pm PT, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3-3/11): Mascara (👑) vs. Eyeliner 
  • ROUND 2 (3/12-3/18): Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/19-3/25): Brow Gel vs. Brow Pencil (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/26-4/1): Bronzer vs. Blush (👑)
  • ROUND 5 (4/2-4/8): Mascara (👑) vs. Lipstick 
  • ROUND 6 (4/9-4/15): Brow Pencil (👑) vs. Blush
  • FINAL ROUND (4/16-4/22): Mascara (👑) vs. Brow Pencil 
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/23): 👑 Mascara 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (Mascara or Brow Pencil!) use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/23/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2021! This year’s champion is mascara - BIC, we respect your commitment to the lash game. 🙌 Here were Community members’ top-tagged mascaras from your votes throughout this challenge:

1. ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 
  2. MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml 
  3. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black 
  4. Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL 
  5. Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

While mascara took home the crown this time, you all showed lots of love for all the other makeup categories in the bracket! Here were the most-tagged products in some of the other categories:

We thank you again for playing, BIC! See you later for the next beauty challenge… 😉

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge Week 6: Brow Pencil vs. Blush

All of us lip lovers are so salty, 🤣 @WinglessOne , myself included.

LIKE C'MON, IT'S:

giphy

@danielledanielle  Right? 🤣 FOREVER SALTY. All the mascara fans: 

giphy

Accurate 😂🤣 @WinglessOne 

How could lipstick lose???? That’s a shocker for me! I pick blush. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Collection Mood Exposure 

Wohoooo I knew Mascara would win out over lipstick!  My vote for this round goes to TEAM BLUSH.  I can get away without any brow products but a good blush can work as blush/bronzer(even if its not a nude for me lol)/lip tint/shadow.  I'm currently concentrating on using up a Becca cream blush, but the PATRICK TA Monochrome Moment Velvet Blush She's Seductive is super nice as a multi use product for me.  I'm planning on grabbing a few more cream blushes if they come back into stock this week. 

Ahhh, good point on blush as a bronzer @missjeanie!!! 👊

I swear I may be the only person who does it @itsfi but since I'm on the pale end of pale, I end up liking using a bit of leftover blush around my hairline like a bronzer.  It can often look more natural than an actual bronzer.  Do you have a favourite to win the bracket?

I’m going to give your tip a try @missjeanie! Thank you!! 🤗 

I’ve only won one round in this entire Makeup Madness. 😆 Clearly, my record is not great! Maybe for a consolation prize, I’ll pick myself up something else during the sale! 🛍 🤣 At this point, I’m for mascara taking it all! 

Sounds like you may need to invest in a winning product there @itsfi !

I'm taking that as an order @missjeanie! I shall seek out one of each category! Ha! 

What? How could lippies loose to mascara 😅😞😫😤 okie next round is tough. I love blushers but I can’t wear blushers alone but I sure can do brow pencil itself. Yup brow pencil it is

@TeamBIC I love blush and brow pencil but since I have barely there brows I will have to choose brows.  My go to is Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Brow Pencil 

Another close one, BIC! This one was a surprise to me personally: MASCARA takes the crown in the showdown between mascara and lipstick. 👑 Just can't underestimate the power of a lengthened lash! 

Now it's down to the last of the semifinals, and we're asking you to cast your vote: BROW PENCIL or BLUSH

Vote for either brow pencil or blush, and when tagging a product within that category, feel free to either tag the same product you tagged previously (if you voted in Round 3 or 4), or tag another favorite!

Actual footage of me finding out mascara won

giphy

😄 😄 😄 

@GeorginaBT!! I too am surprised! Gonna have to think through this next round. Hmmm...🤔

@GeorginaBT Such a hard choice 😭

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge Week 5: Mascara vs. Lipstick

Y'all know mascara is gonna take the win all the way on this one. We love our lashes! I just received the Sephora Favorites Lashstash To Go so I can't wait to test out some new goodies. 

Mascara! @benefit They’re Real 

Got to pitch in for lipstick! My day is definitely incomplete without that 🙂 NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil Intriguing Charlotte Tilbury Mini Pillow Talk Lipstick & Liner Set Pillow Talk 

A bit of a tough one, but for practical purposes I am going to say Lipstick. Gotta keep the lips moisturized, and it is a good substitute for gloss, after all! I recently discovered Yves Saint Laurent The Slim Glow Matte Lipstick 214 Illicit Orange. It is wayyyyy outside of my comfort zone, but it felt perfect and put together. Looking forward to this little treat for summer!

This is a tough one, Do I ever wear lipstick and not Mascara? Sometimes. Do I ever wear Mascara but not lipstick? Often 

So I’ll pick Mascara but my world will be a sad place without lipsticks.

Few favourites 

Blinc Amplified Tubing Mascara Black PAT McGRATH LABS FetishEyes™ Lengthening Mascara 0.27 oz/ 8 mL ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 

3 Replies
testing