Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 4 - Eyeshadow vs. Eyeliner

@Loretta55, these are great favorites! Love the versatility of using bronzer as eyeshadow and I completely agree - the Stila liquid shadows add a fun pop of sparkle to the lids!

Unfortunately there is no love for the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer lately @itsfi. It is truly my HG. 

It's always great to find a HG product! 😍 No love for it @Loretta55

I never see anyone posting their love for it @itsfi . It was the very first bronzer that I ever used and nothing else has come close for me with the exception of Anastasia Beverly Hills Matte Cream Contour & Highlight Sticks in the shade fawn. 

Ahhh, I see @Loretta55! I had thought it might have been or was being discontinued so I was going to see if I could find it for you so you can stock up on a HG! I think it must be doing well, yes?, as it remains a part of TF's collection. If it's HG status for you, that's what matters. I don't know if I have a HG bronzer, though it might do my complexion some good if I did. 😉🤣

You... you want me to choose between these: 

Eyeliner pencils. I... might have a problem.Eyeliner pencils. I... might have a problem.

and these: 

Gotta label the spines of the UOMA palettes like I labeled my Motherships.Gotta label the spines of the UOMA palettes like I labeled my Motherships.

for real? 😅 

Even if I go with "eyeshadow can be used as eyeliner [with a mixing medium]," the opposite's also true: eyeliner can be used as eyeshadow. And eyeliners are more travel friendly. Buuut shadow sticks are also travel friendly, and they count as eyeshadow—though I guess technically they straddle the line between both categories. I have several loose powder pigments and Danessa Myricks Colorfixes that also straddle that line. Hmm... I often wear eyeliner without eyeshadow. But I also often wear eyeshadow without liner. Still, I think I gotta pick: 

Eyeshadow. 

(I think I just heard all my eyeliners boo-hiss at me.) 

Some of my favorite palettes are Motherships, and one of my three faves among them is PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun . I know some folks don't like that color story, but I love it. I also gotta shout out my favorite all-matte palettes, Viseart Eyeshadow Palette 08 Editorial Brights and Viseart Eyeshadow Palette 04 Dark Mattes , for being companion palette MVPs (they work great with other palettes or on their own) and my gateway to Viseart's fantastic matte shadow formula. 

This... is a work of art! @WinglessOne 

Thanks @CarolBT ! 

@WinglessOne All the love for the Viseart mattes here too!

@missjeanie  Viseart has completely spoiled me when it comes to mattes. I didn't try any of their shadows until 2018, then quickly wondered why I hadn't tried them sooner. Still my gold standard matte shadow formula. ❤️ 

That is quite the collection @WinglessOne! And so well organized too!

@JoSometimes  Heh, parts of it are well organized. I need to reorganize that eyeshadow shelf, especially the 2 sets of acrylic drawers that are kind of a jumble of smaller palettes and single shadows/pigments. Moving all my makeup to a new vanity (my old home office desk) has taught me I have much more makeup than I thought I did, and it's fun to come up with new storage/organization ideas to house it all. 🙂 

(Lol 🤣 boo-hiss) They feel betrayed @WinglessOne But wow, your collection is soo nice to see 🤩

@CynthieLu  Hopefully they won't all break off their tips in protest. 😄 I posted photos of most of my makeup collection in this thread: ❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️ . This reminds me that I never pulled all my single shadows and pigments out of acrylic drawers for more detailed photos. Note to self! 

I followed along to that one 😉 @WinglessOne Your collections are so awesome to see 🤩

@WinglessOne Beautiful collections! Decisions, decisions...lol

Thanks @Mellmars1185 ! I've been trying to declutter eyeliner pencils this year and it's slow-going. But it's at least going better than my latest lipstick declutter attempt. 😄 

@WinglessOne - I hope this didn't or doesn't lead to more sleepless nights! 🤣  You are too funny! 😘

Thanks @Titian06 ! I'm currently stuck in a weird cycle of insomnia anyway, and pulling all-nighters to reset my sleep clock isn't working, and I'm too stubborn to take sleep meds. 🤦‍♀️ (And no, sleep supplements like melatonin don't work on me.) Might as well make the hard choices while I'm unwillingly awake! 😂 

Eyeshadow for sure! When I put makeup, eyeshadow is a must for me. I have so many favorites, love the Tom Ford quads, Pat McGrath eyeshadow formula is just divine.

TOM FORD Eye Color Quad Eyeshadow Palette 04 Honeymoon 

PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership X Eyeshadow Palette: Moonlit Seduction 

Ohhhh, the Tom Ford quads are exquisite @lubmaz😍

1 Reply
testing