Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: CHAMPION REVEALED! Check out Community's Favorite Product

Makeup Madness Challenge 2023Makeup Madness Challenge 2023

It’s March, and here in the BIC that can only mean one thing… 🥁… It’s time to celebrate the anniversary of one of our favorite activities: MAKEUP MADNESS! Yes, we’re bringing back this fan-favorite challenge for the third year in a row, where our beloved makeup categories go head-to-head in the ultimate showdown to earn the crown of Community Champion. 👑

This year, we’ve retired our previous winners – Mascara (2021) and Lipstick (2022) – and brought in a mix of some new and old categories to face off in some fierce competition. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (that’s what we’re really here for, after all).

Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!Makeup Madness 2023 Champion: EYESHADOW!

Don’t know how to play? It’s easy! TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tell us which category you’re voting for AND tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for during that week. For example, @GeorginaBT loves a tingly lip moment, so she might reply with “Lip Plumper! My new fave is Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Chocolit."

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3 – 3/9): Lip liner (👑) vs. Lip plumper
  • ROUND 2 (3/10 – 3/16): Face primer (👑) vs. Setting spray 
  • ROUND 3 (3/17 – 3/23): Foundation (👑) vs. Tinted Moisturizer
  • ROUND 4 (3/24 – 3/30): Eyeshadow (👑) vs. Eyeliner
  • ROUND 5 (3/31 – 4/6): Lip liner vs. Face primer (👑
  • ROUND 6 (4/7 – 4/13): Foundation vs. Eyeshadow (👑
  • FINAL ROUND (4/14 – 4/20): Face primer vs. Eyeshadow (👑)
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/21): 👑 EYESHADOW 👑

Hit “Reply” below and vote for your favorite product in this week’s round, use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/21/23: Thank you to everyone who voted for their beauty faves in Makeup Madness 2023! This year's champion is EYESHADOW! Knowing how much the BIC loves dazzling eye palettes, it's hard to deny eyeshadow's place as this year's champ! Here were Community members' top-tagged eyeshadows from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership V Eyeshadow Palette - Bronze Seduction 
  2. Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette 
  3. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g 
  4. Dior BACKSTAGE Eyeshadow Palette 
  5. Danessa Myricks Beauty Mini Lightwork Vol. III The Experience Eye & Face Palette 

Also, just for fun, let's take a look at the top-tagged product from all the Makeup Madness categories this year! Check out your faves:

Thanks for playing!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 3 - Foundation vs. Tinted Moisturizer

Oooh Primer took the win!

This next one is tricky @TeamBIC. I really love them both. But, if it's one over the other....I feel foundation does all the things I want it to.

My favorite foundations are by Estee Lauder or my current go to #MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (does this hybrid count 😉

I don't know who's going to win this week 🤗 

The results for Round 2 are in: we're crowning Face Primer the winner of last week's bracket match up! 👑

Join us in casting our votes for Round 3: Foundation vs. Tinted Moisturizer! We want to know which complexion product will rise to the top - and don't forget to tag your favorite of the category you're voting for by using the "#" symbol. 🤩

These are getting tricky! I love both depending on the occasion.

However, if I have to chose one, I’ll go with tinted moisturizer. 

My old reliable is bareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE™ Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30 . It has great coverage for an everyday look, SPF, and it’s super hydrating!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2023: Round 2 - Face Primer vs. Setting Spray!

I always use skincare to prime my face (lately I've been using Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum), so I'm Team Setting Spray! I don't really have a HG yet, but the setting sprays I currently have in rotation are, Anastasia Beverly Hills Dewy Set Setting Spray and an Elf and MAC one Sephora doesn't carry. I used to really love the Too Faced Peach setting spray, but I think that one's discontinued 😕

Definitly Setting spray!!! 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Dewy Set Hydrating Setting Spray    #marchmadness 

My vote is for primer. My primer of the moment is ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Secure The Sweat Waterproof Mattifying Primer 1 oz / 30 g . I apply my primer immediately after my face cleansing routine. I require a good primer to help to grip my face makeup. Hopefully one day there will be a Sephora Favorites kit offering face primers and setting sprays.

I like both but have to go with setting spray! one of my favorites is Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml 

I am Team Primer all the way but I 💯 totally agree, out of setting sprays that one is amazing @kbrownnn 😀

Face primer

Face primer all the way! I always use my primer before I start my makeup, helps to keep everything in place. My current favorites are the Milk hydro grip and the Huda beauty glowish blur jam.

MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL 

HUDA BEAUTY Glowish Blur Jam Silicone Free Smoothing Primer 

Setting Spray all the way!  I used to be a primer person, but I've noticed I can get away with moisturizer lately.  Setting Spray is a must.  I can refresh makeup with Too Faced Hangover 3-in-1 Replenishing Primer & Setting Spray 4 oz/ 120 mL or use one with SPF like Kate Somerville UncompliKated SPF 50 Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray 3.4 oz/ 96 g 

Setting spray doesn't technically set, but can be used to extend your base.  (I think it loosens it up, Wayne Goss explained it better).  I've definitely done day to night with setting spray, concealer and powder foundation.. Which is something I learned at Sephora!

Can't deny the difference a good setting spray can make on a full glam moment, but for my everyday looks I think I need to vote for face primer. 😊 My go-to is MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL, but lately I've loved using CAY SKIN Isle Glow Face Moisturizer SPF 45 with Sea Moss and Niacinamide 1.5 oz / 45 mL as a primer since it has a soft glowy sheen that I like under my foundation! 

@TeamBIC Fun match up! I was just talking about this with my friends! Gotta go with setting spray, because some can also act as light-hold hair spray for those pesky flyaways 💁🏻‍♀️
#Urban Decay Ultra Glow All Nighter Setting Spray 4 fl oz/ 118mL 

Round 2: Face Primer vs Setting Spray

Week 2 - Face Primer vs Setting Spray.jpeg

While both have a place in my getting ready routine, my sunblock or face oil can and often does pull double duty as a face primer. I’m more reliant on setting sprays to keep my makeup in place. Team Setting Spray for me @TeamBIC😃 

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml is my go-to. I’ve also been enjoying MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Dewy Long-Lasting Setting Spray With Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 3.38 oz / ....

I love the photo @itsfi! The flowers are a nice touch. 🥰

This round is easy… primer. I don’t use setting spray because every one I’ve tried either makes my face look wet or feel super dry. There is yet to be one I actually like 🤷🏼‍♀️ I use Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 every day of my life. 

@TeamBIC #teamsettingspray. I've tried different primers from time to time but never really stick with any of them.  I don't see them doing a lot for my make up or skin that my skincare alone doesn't do.  I do have to set my foundation with powder, so I enjoy a setting spray to take down any of the powdery feel.  I also find it nice to refresh my make up a bit through the day or feel a bit cooling if it's hot out.  Classic for me is the MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix+ I've also gone through several Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray Duo Value Size - 2 x 4 oz/ 118 mL .  I'm also very willing to use other skincare mists for this.... come to think of it... might need to check out something new for the spring sale!

I am team primer @TeamBIC .   I’m using up some samples right now, NYX Marsh Mellow face primer and Urban Decay All Nighter Face Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL   are my current primers.   But as I do use sunscreen Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40  I know it can be used as a primer all by itself.  But I add a standard primer anyway to cover more problem areas.  

1 Reply
testing