Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

TeamBIC_0-1646413463247.png

March has made its way to us, and to celebrate, we’re breaking out the beauty brackets for our second annual Makeup Madness Challenge in the BIC! For the next few weeks, eight popular makeup categories will go head-to-head in a showdown to snag the title of 2022 Community Champion makeup category. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (because why not?!). 😉

We kicked off round 1 with a matchup that sparked serious passion last year: lipstick vs. mascara. 🔥 Mascara ended up taking the crown in 2021, but who knows what will happen this year… especially since we’ll be adding new makeup categories to the mix in future rounds. 😏 Stay tuned!

GeorginaBT_0-1650645631867.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, the lovely lipstick lover @WinglessOne might reply with “Lipstick! PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick” 🥰💄

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/4 – 3/10): Lipstick vs. Mascara (👑)
  • ROUND 2 (3/11 – 3/17): Primer vs Setting Powder (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/18 – 3/24): Concealer vs. Foundation (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/25 – 3/31): Contour vs. Highlighter (👑
  • ROUND 5 (4/1 – 4/7): Lipstick (👑) vs. Setting Powder 
  • ROUND 6 (4/8 – 4/14): Foundation (👑) vs. Highlighter 
  • FINAL ROUND (4/15 – 4/21): Lipstick (👑) vs. Foundation
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/22): 👑 Lipstick 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (lipstick or foundation!), use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/22/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2022! This year's champion is 💄lipstick💋 - no pouting for our fellow lip lovers! Here were Community members' top-tagged lipsticks from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick 
  2. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick 
  3. MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick 
  4. GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe 
  5. TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 

We're also showing love to the most-tagged products in all the Makeup Madness categories this year - check them out here:

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Contour vs. Highlighter

TY, I love it too.

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Contour vs. Highlighter

@TeamBIC this is HARD!!!! I'm going with contour Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Contour Wand 

I like the look of both contour and highlighter and am helped by both, but my highlighters get used more often for every day and special occasions, so we're going with the glow this round - HIGHLIGHTER for me, @TeamBIC

Makeup Madness - Contour vs Highlighters.jpg

I have a healthy supply of highlighters. 😉 These are a few that I'm rotating through at the moment - Charlotte Tilbury Mini Filmstar Bronze & Glow Contour Duo 0.12 oz/ 3.5 g (powder highlighter), Saie Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Multipurpose Illuminator (liquid highlighter - gratis), and Hourglass Vanish™ Flash Highlighting Stick Champagne Flash (cream highlighter), which is part of my project pan this year. 

Team Highlighter ! @TeamBIC 

..oh which ones to mention? My faves are d/c'd, but in Powder form: Meteorites perles Dragon; Mythic. a P&J one. L.Geller something-swirl 'charming pink'. edit to add: HG 'Incandescent' powder, UD 8hr powder 'Aura', BECCA sspp 'Lilac Geode'.

..how did I forget these?

@MvLL, ohhh, that's rough when favorites are discontinued! Guerlain Meteorites are luxe and lovely - the perles, the packaging, the GLOW!!!! 😍 Armani Fluid Sheers are beautiful! 💖 

Well at least it Takes Forever to hit pan on Highlighters, @itsfi. Especially if one has 'a bunch' in the stash. 

I do wonder why thoughtful, well designed & useful Things are d/c'd if a ton of R&D went into the production? An incessant churn is kinda boring.

@TeamBIC it's going to be highlighter for me as well. I really don't contour and when I do it's usually with a bronzer and not an actual contour product (don't know if that's cheating here or not). I want to give a shoutout to the new Chanel highlighter from their Spring collection since I can't tag it. That highlighter is soooo pretty on my skin.  Dior Dior Forever Couture Luminizer Highlighter Powder 02 Pink Glow Westman Atelier Super Loaded Tinted Cream Highlighter Peau de Soleil Natasha Denona Super Glow Highlighter 

@niki172, Chanel highlighters are gorgeous. 💖 As is that Dior Pink Glow - such a pretty pearlescent pink! 

I’m all about that glow life, so highlighter for me! Hard to pick a fave, especially because Becca is no more 😭 My go to at the moment is the Hourglass Vanish™ Flash Highlighting Stick Champagne Flash 

@Mcakes, I included Hourglass Champagne Flash in my project pan this year after rediscovering it during the holidays last year. It gives such a lovely, luminous glow! 😍

@Mcakes Yes that one is so good.

Well, this was a very tough call for me because I use contour and highlight together. Without one there is no other and so on and so forth. However, a couple of time I've skipped the highlighter when in a hurry and I have to say my cheekbones cannot go naked. So although I'll (likely) be on the losing team, I have to go with contour.

My favorite is an oldie but goodie KVD Beauty Shade + Light Refillable Powder Face Contour Palette 

@QueenMarceline, I gasped at "without one there is no other" ~ very true. 

Highlight, highlight, highlight, @TeamBIC! One thing I love and love to layer. Not sure if I could whittle it down to just one, but three is a possibility😄 

For mixing in with foundation, Saie Mini Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Highlighter Starglow, for a soft glow, rms beauty Living Luminizer Highlighter Gold, and for a little rosy, flushed glow on my cheeks, Valentino Eye2Cheek Eyeshadow and Blush 03 Rosa Emozione. The RMS can quickly turn blinding, so I use a tapered, natural hair brush with a very light hand. 

I think (and hope!) this will be a clean sweep, but we’ll see!

@TeamBIC I have a chubby face so I’m going to have to go with contour 😅 I’m wearing KVD Beauty Shade + Light Refillable Powder Face Contour Palette to go with my makeup look today.

@TeamBIC  Another easy one for me definitely highlight!!!! My fav right now is Saie Dew Balm Bouncy Marshmallow Highlighter Rosy Gold  I love how it just makes my skin look extra dewy!

Hmm… this is an interesting one for me because while I love using bronzer to add some depth to my face, I wouldn’t say I really “contour,” so highlighter it is! Lately I’ve been loving Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight and NUDESTIX Nudies Glow Cream Highlighter Stick Illumi-Naughty

@alexasteph  I agree. I definitely use highlighter more!!

824 Replies
testing