Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

TeamBIC_0-1646413463247.png

March has made its way to us, and to celebrate, we’re breaking out the beauty brackets for our second annual Makeup Madness Challenge in the BIC! For the next few weeks, eight popular makeup categories will go head-to-head in a showdown to snag the title of 2022 Community Champion makeup category. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (because why not?!). 😉

We kicked off round 1 with a matchup that sparked serious passion last year: lipstick vs. mascara. 🔥 Mascara ended up taking the crown in 2021, but who knows what will happen this year… especially since we’ll be adding new makeup categories to the mix in future rounds. 😏 Stay tuned!

GeorginaBT_0-1650645631867.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, the lovely lipstick lover @WinglessOne might reply with “Lipstick! PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick” 🥰💄

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/4 – 3/10): Lipstick vs. Mascara (👑)
  • ROUND 2 (3/11 – 3/17): Primer vs Setting Powder (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/18 – 3/24): Concealer vs. Foundation (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/25 – 3/31): Contour vs. Highlighter (👑
  • ROUND 5 (4/1 – 4/7): Lipstick (👑) vs. Setting Powder 
  • ROUND 6 (4/8 – 4/14): Foundation (👑) vs. Highlighter 
  • FINAL ROUND (4/15 – 4/21): Lipstick (👑) vs. Foundation
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/22): 👑 Lipstick 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (lipstick or foundation!), use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/22/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2022! This year's champion is 💄lipstick💋 - no pouting for our fellow lip lovers! Here were Community members' top-tagged lipsticks from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick 
  2. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick 
  3. MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick 
  4. GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe 
  5. TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 

We're also showing love to the most-tagged products in all the Makeup Madness categories this year - check them out here:

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Lipstick vs. Setting Powder

@ather It's amusing to see polar opposite reviews for the same product in the same thread! 🤣 Gotta love how everyone has a unique opinion on a product 🤗

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Lipstick vs. Setting Powder

It’s lipstick. The answer is lipstick. In the first round I picked mascara over lipstick simply because in general I’d never wear lipstick without mascara (I dunno… it just feels unbalanced for some reason, maybe it’s my face shape), but there is no better combo than a red lip and black Ray-Bans. No mascara needed for that. A couple red lips I’ve loved lately are Kosas Kosasport LipFuel Hyaluronic Acid Lip Balm Rush (okay okay okay okay this is technically a *balm* but it deposits color on the lips) and Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Lip Soufflé Matte Cream Lipstick in Inspire. 

@alexasteph  I agree. I definitely wear mascara more than lipstick!!

I'm on Team Lipstick! 💄💋

NARS Audacious Lipstick Mona 

MAC Cosmetics Mini MAC Lipstick D for Danger 

Yves Saint Laurent The Slim Glow Matte Lipstick 202 Insurgent Red 

Lipstick without a doubt 💄💕 Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow 12 Rosewood Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl Color Enhancing Lipstick 16 Noir Revelateur 

Lipstick.

Did you really expect me to choose differently? 🤣 I wear lipstick more often than concealer, and concealer's the main reason I use setting powder. (The only other reason is to set certain eyeliners, especially winged liner. For me, powder shadows alone don't set liner.) 

Let's see, what didn't I tag in my last lipstick post... Bobbi Brown Luxe Lipstick Hibiscus is a favorite go-to. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Slip Shine Sheer Shiny Lipstick 10 Vamps Who Brunch is one of my favorite sparkly blurple lip shades. And I still think many cream shades of SEPHORA COLLECTION #LIPSTORIES Lipstick are good performers at a great price point. 

@WinglessOne I LOVE the Sephora LipStories line. Each holiday season I try to pick up the sets and have yet to be disappointed. Definitely the best quality and affordable lipstick line I’ve tried. 

@alexasteph  They're so underrated! The metallics don't always perform as well as I'd like, but the cream satins are usually very good. I even like some of the mattes. And the fun shade range is impressive—though I hope Sephora's not permanently reducing the range. 

@WinglessOne I am inclined to agree with you about the metallics, but that isn’t a finish I generally wear anyway. There was one metallic in the last set I bought, and while I find the shade to be really pretty, it’s still just not *quite* for me haha. Yeah… I’ve noticed they are paring back some of the shades too. I missed out on Virgo and I’m super bummed about that! It seems like that shade was never in stock though. 

Lipstick all the way. I have been liking Valentino Mini Rosso Valentino Lipstick very much. 

@lnum -- that is SOOOO pretty!

@heavyhedon I think mini lipsticks are much more practical and affordable too!

And cute if I can join the convo @lnum 💄💕

@Skunk12puzzola Think you both might be pushing me over the edge to buy the other color of this lippie I’ve been curious about. 😅

No, no....we are not shopping enablers haha 🤣 I'm exactly like you when it comes to lip products. I take a look at just 1 and after a few days, the entire collection is at home with me 😇🤣 @lnum . Also, minis don't take too much room in your purse, just sayin'.....

@danielledanielle Can you imagine if the three of them collaborated on a song!? It would be, as the kids these days say, a banger. 

@alexasteph , ha!  I didn't even think about that but now I kind of want it to happen.  I think it'd be awesome.

This one is easily lipstick.  Setting powder can be useful, but it's colorless and you can't do anything fun with it.  But you can have a lot of fun with different lipstick colors (and finishes, and levels of opacity).  My favorite lipstick is Givenchy Rouge Interdit Vinyl Color Enhancing Lipstick 16 Noir Revelateur. 

This lippie is so good and unique!! @IciclePop @MvLL 💄💕

824 Replies
testing