Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

TeamBIC_0-1646413463247.png

March has made its way to us, and to celebrate, we’re breaking out the beauty brackets for our second annual Makeup Madness Challenge in the BIC! For the next few weeks, eight popular makeup categories will go head-to-head in a showdown to snag the title of 2022 Community Champion makeup category. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (because why not?!). 😉

We kicked off round 1 with a matchup that sparked serious passion last year: lipstick vs. mascara. 🔥 Mascara ended up taking the crown in 2021, but who knows what will happen this year… especially since we’ll be adding new makeup categories to the mix in future rounds. 😏 Stay tuned!

GeorginaBT_0-1650645631867.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, the lovely lipstick lover @WinglessOne might reply with “Lipstick! PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick” 🥰💄

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/4 – 3/10): Lipstick vs. Mascara (👑)
  • ROUND 2 (3/11 – 3/17): Primer vs Setting Powder (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/18 – 3/24): Concealer vs. Foundation (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/25 – 3/31): Contour vs. Highlighter (👑
  • ROUND 5 (4/1 – 4/7): Lipstick (👑) vs. Setting Powder 
  • ROUND 6 (4/8 – 4/14): Foundation (👑) vs. Highlighter 
  • FINAL ROUND (4/15 – 4/21): Lipstick (👑) vs. Foundation
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/22): 👑 Lipstick 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (lipstick or foundation!), use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/22/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2022! This year's champion is 💄lipstick💋 - no pouting for our fellow lip lovers! Here were Community members' top-tagged lipsticks from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick 
  2. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick 
  3. MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick 
  4. GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe 
  5. TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 

We're also showing love to the most-tagged products in all the Makeup Madness categories this year - check them out here:

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Lipstick vs. Foundation

Oh yes @itsfi ! a few years ago I used to wear this shade CLINIQUE Clinique Pop™ Lip Colour + Primer Lipstick 14 Plum Pop almost daily. These are scented free lippies, and they are very pigmented and soft on the lips! 💄💕💗

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Lipstick vs. Foundation

Lipstick!

So with you on that @greeneyedgirl107💄

Any color I wear on my face has a possibility of bringing out sallowness, otherwise I probably wouldn't have ever worn foundation; but even though I tend to go for sheerest coverage 9/10, it's key for me being able to go wild with shadows and lippies. So put me on team Foundation. My daily standard is bareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE™ Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream SPF 30  and I'm liking Wander Beauty Nude Illusion Liquid Foundation Fair in a trial size, and NARS Sheer Glow Foundation is never fail; if I need more cover it's Guerlain Lingerie De Peau.

@heavyhedon  You have excellent taste! 

@Ispend2much6 -- TY!

@heavyhedon, that Guerlain foundation is lovely. I tested it years ago but the shade selection was very limited; it looks like they have some more shades. I may need to revisit that one.

@itsfi -- I hope they have a shade or two for you! It's too pricey to buy a bunch of bottles to play mix-master.

Exactly @heavyhedon! If I'm remembering right, there were 3 shades when I first laid eyes on that foundation. Nice to see there's more. I'll need to finish up some foundation (including the one in my project pan) first, but I'll be keeping this one in mind.

I don't know if it's because it was the first makeup product I was allowed to wear on a regular basis as a teen, or if it's because it was the first piece of makeup I reached for when getting into my mom's makeup as a toddler, but lipstick has been in my life for a long time, so I have to go with LIPSTICK for the win, @TeamBIC❤️💄❤️💄

Makeup Madness - Lipstick vs Foundation.jpg

Spoiler

So many great ones to choose from, but these beauties are the standouts for me at the moment:

Gucci Transfer-proof Matte Liquid lipstick 203 Mildred Rosewood - I picked up this cream-to-powder liquid lipstick during the sale and it's been a favorite. It applies smoothly, gives a soft-matte finish, has a good color payoff, and is long lasting.

MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick Baby - I have almost every shade in this collection - it glides on like a balm, but the pigmentation is more akin to a lipstick. 

GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe has triumphed in every test I've put it through. It really is "still here". 😲 I would never have thought I'd be so smitten with a liquid lipstick, let alone a beautiful red one, and I would never have tried it if it were not for receiving it as gratis. Thank you again, TeamBIC! 

Shiseido Color Gel Lip Balm 108 Lotus is described as a "moisturizing lipstick balm." That it is. 😍

Gucci Sheer Lipstick 213 Love is Better - the lippies in this range all seem to be pretty pigmented, more so than I would expect of a sheer lipstick, but that's not a complaint. I very much like the formula and feel of this lipstick. 

Lovely photo and great lippies there @itsfi the orchids are so pretty!

Thank you so much @niki172! 🤗 I never would have guessed when I received my first orchid plant 7, maybe 8, years ago, that I would grow such a fondness for (or collection of) them. ♥️ Now, my fondness for lipsticks, on the other hand, was easier to spot! 😉  💄 

@itsfi I think you forgot to post this in the photography challenge ❤️ it's beautiful!

Awww, @Samtian, I’m all flattered and blushing at the same time. 🙈 That means so much coming from you. 😁 Okay, I’ll post it. 

What ⬇️ @Ispend2much6 said and looks like great lippie choices as well! GO lipstick!

@Sunnysmom, thank you. Yes, go lipstick!! 💄

@itsfiYou have such wonderful artistic abilities! 

@Ispend2much6, that is such a lovely thing to say. 😃 Thank you!

So beautiful @itsfi! 😍

@Saradestin, aww, thank you for your kindness. 😊 C’mon Team Lipstick! 

Nice composition, @itsfi ! Merit is a goodie- I really truly hope they'll release more shades & a Holiday set! After all, it's clear that we've rewarded their Good Efforts. 

Isn't it 'classic' how toddlers gravitate towards the lipstick? Right up there with keys.

testing