Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

TeamBIC_0-1646413463247.png

March has made its way to us, and to celebrate, we’re breaking out the beauty brackets for our second annual Makeup Madness Challenge in the BIC! For the next few weeks, eight popular makeup categories will go head-to-head in a showdown to snag the title of 2022 Community Champion makeup category. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (because why not?!). 😉

We kicked off round 1 with a matchup that sparked serious passion last year: lipstick vs. mascara. 🔥 Mascara ended up taking the crown in 2021, but who knows what will happen this year… especially since we’ll be adding new makeup categories to the mix in future rounds. 😏 Stay tuned!

GeorginaBT_0-1650645631867.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, the lovely lipstick lover @WinglessOne might reply with “Lipstick! PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick” 🥰💄

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/4 – 3/10): Lipstick vs. Mascara (👑)
  • ROUND 2 (3/11 – 3/17): Primer vs Setting Powder (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/18 – 3/24): Concealer vs. Foundation (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/25 – 3/31): Contour vs. Highlighter (👑
  • ROUND 5 (4/1 – 4/7): Lipstick (👑) vs. Setting Powder 
  • ROUND 6 (4/8 – 4/14): Foundation (👑) vs. Highlighter 
  • FINAL ROUND (4/15 – 4/21): Lipstick (👑) vs. Foundation
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/22): 👑 Lipstick 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (lipstick or foundation!), use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/22/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2022! This year's champion is 💄lipstick💋 - no pouting for our fellow lip lovers! Here were Community members' top-tagged lipsticks from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick 
  2. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick 
  3. MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick 
  4. GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe 
  5. TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 

We're also showing love to the most-tagged products in all the Makeup Madness categories this year - check them out here:

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Lipstick vs. Foundation

@Ispend2much6 Thank you so much! 💜🌷

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Lipstick vs. Foundation

Oh yes @Mellmars1185 !! 💄 ❤️

@curlychiquita, except for recently, I've steered away from matte lipsticks, but I remember CT's mattes being more comfortable to wear. 

I do love these mattes, @itsfi, but mainly for this lipstick I love the color!

Such a beautiful lipstick is that @curlychiquita ! 😍

Lipstick, hands down. 🙂 No contest. Some of my favorite Sephora sold (non-balmy) lipsticks are: NARS Audacious Lipstick Anna (oldie but a goodie), and a new find Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick Wedding Belles 

@QueenMarceline, NARS Anna is a pretty shade.

@itsfi One of my all time favorites 🙂

Team lipstick 💄💕💗

beauty_800_600.gif

@Skunk12puzzola, yes to Team Lipstick!

@Skunk12puzzola  I love this!

Yes @Skunk12puzzola ! I am on that team as well! 

This was an easy one- lipstick.

NARS Lipstick Instant Crush 

Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Color Italian Rose 

#yves st laurent rouge pur couture the slim matte in Reverse Red- kindly gifted by @TeamBIC . I tried it on again last night and I can't get over what a perfect red it is for me!

@Ispend2much6@TeamBIC knows their reds. That YSL is a beauty.

Beautiful lipsticks @Ispend2much6 ! it is difficult to choose just one 😅

@Saradestin  Always!!

Lipstick. 

Because no matter what category won the last bracket, I was always gonna vote against it in the final bracket anyway. 🤣 

I've been excluding lip gloss from my lipstick votes, but that doesn't mean I don't still adore Lancôme L'Absolu Lacquer Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick which is, in my opinion, the absolute best fully opaque gloss available on the market. 

Things I don't think I've tagged in previous posts: SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Liquid Lip Mousse ORCHID and GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe (both generously gifted by Sephora) are very nice liquid lipsticks. PATRICK TA Major Headlines Matte Suede Lipstick She's Not From Here is a gorgeous orange red. Gucci Rouge à Lèvres Gothique Metallic Lipstick 709 Princess Olga Green is a fun metallic dinosaur kale shade, and I'd tag more shades of this line if they were still easy to find anywhere. (Lynn Silver is another of my faves.) And I've been wearing PAT McGRATH LABS Bridgerton SatinAllure™ Lipstick Infatuation a lot. Though the SatinAllure formula isn't the same as my beloved LuxeTrance formula, I do like it. Oh, and did I tag any BlitzTrances yet? How about PAT McGRATH LABS BlitzTrance™ Lipstick Blood Rush since that's one of the very few shades Sephora has in stock—and it's a dang good subtly shimmery red. 

Aaaaannnnnd... if I haven't tagged Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment Plum Wine (or any other shade) yet, shame on me! I like to mix some of these pigments with other lipsticks on the back of my hand to create custom shades. I also like to mix a dab of matte or metallic Colorfix with a tiny bit of Aquaphor Ointment to create a cream lipstick shade. Sure, I need a brush to apply Colorfix as a lipstick, but I'm okay with that. 

"Because no matter what category won the last bracket, I was always gonna vote against it in the final bracket anyway." Hahaha! 2nd this @WinglessOne! Go lipstick!! 

@TeamBIC  Lipstick for sure!!! I have two favourites at this time! One for its absolutely stunning color and the other for its magnificent shine!  GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe Dior Dior Addict Refillable Shine Lipstick 008 Dior 8 

Pretty choices @heartsmyface. I like the case on the Dior; very chic. 💖

testing