Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

TeamBIC_0-1646413463247.png

March has made its way to us, and to celebrate, we’re breaking out the beauty brackets for our second annual Makeup Madness Challenge in the BIC! For the next few weeks, eight popular makeup categories will go head-to-head in a showdown to snag the title of 2022 Community Champion makeup category. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (because why not?!). 😉

We kicked off round 1 with a matchup that sparked serious passion last year: lipstick vs. mascara. 🔥 Mascara ended up taking the crown in 2021, but who knows what will happen this year… especially since we’ll be adding new makeup categories to the mix in future rounds. 😏 Stay tuned!

GeorginaBT_0-1650645631867.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, the lovely lipstick lover @WinglessOne might reply with “Lipstick! PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick” 🥰💄

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/4 – 3/10): Lipstick vs. Mascara (👑)
  • ROUND 2 (3/11 – 3/17): Primer vs Setting Powder (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/18 – 3/24): Concealer vs. Foundation (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/25 – 3/31): Contour vs. Highlighter (👑
  • ROUND 5 (4/1 – 4/7): Lipstick (👑) vs. Setting Powder 
  • ROUND 6 (4/8 – 4/14): Foundation (👑) vs. Highlighter 
  • FINAL ROUND (4/15 – 4/21): Lipstick (👑) vs. Foundation
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/22): 👑 Lipstick 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (lipstick or foundation!), use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/22/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2022! This year's champion is 💄lipstick💋 - no pouting for our fellow lip lovers! Here were Community members' top-tagged lipsticks from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick 
  2. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick 
  3. MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick 
  4. GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe 
  5. TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 

We're also showing love to the most-tagged products in all the Makeup Madness categories this year - check them out here:

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Lipstick vs. Setting Powder

that Giv. l.s. really is (another) goodie, @IciclePop

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Lipstick vs. Setting Powder

@TeamBIC Highlighter won yay!!!  Since lipstick is up against setting powder, I gotta go with lipstick. Love lipstick, I can't ever live without it. Lipstick all the way. 

this is such a tough one!!! But I love lipstick - can wear it with nothing else !!! Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick Gucci Sheer Lipstick 

Such a tough choice, @TeamBIC , @GeorginaBT. Team Lipstick! It's The Classic Pick-Me-Up. Plus, we can revel in the wide array of Colors & Finishes. Yet...!

Team Lipstick all the way! A few of my faves:

MAC Cosmetics Mini MAC Lipstick Velvet Teddy 

Smashbox Be Legendary Prime & Plush Lipstick 

Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick Secret Salma 

@Mellmars1185  Excellent choices!

@Ispend2much6 Thank you

Lipstick for sure! There's a reason it's the starting theme of the A Year of Beauty- Photography Challenge . HUDA BEAUTY Power Bullet Matte Lipstick El Cinco De Mayo is a recently found fave of mine. 

@GeorginaBT Awww this one is going to be so hard to choose but this week I'll go with setting powder since I can do without lipstick.  My favorites are Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent and Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder 

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Contour vs. Highlighter

Last week's Makeup Madness showdown had a clear winner to anyone following along. Congrats, highlighter fans - you win this time! 😉 

We're getting to the part of our bracket challenge where your favorite categories from the first few rounds are going head-to-head! This week, we're asking you to pick between lipstick and setting powder - two products for two completely different parts of your makeup routine. Don't forget to use the "#" symbol to tag your favorite when voting!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Contour vs. Highlighter

Highlighter squad riseeee. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter is a holy grail for me but I've been liking MILK MAKEUP Holographic Stick for dewier makeup looks lately. 😊

I love fenty!

100% highlighter! So easy to incorporate in casual everyday. I feel like contour really requires a full face. 

I've been loving the Tower 28 Beauty SuperDew Shimmer-Free Highlight Balm 0.158 oz/ 4.5 g so perfect for "no makeup" looks or even with a bit more to add some simple shine

Let's face it - I don't really wear much makeup (I'm an original No Makeup Makeup person), BUT when I have used contour and highlighter in the past, I've loved them both. I'm going to vote highlighter this round. MILK MAKEUP Dewy Cream Highlighter Stick  in particular. 

Highlighter! My favorites are the Cle De Peau Luminizing Face Enhancers and the Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powders. 

@lnum  The Celestial Powders are so pretty!

@Ispend2much6 I haven’t been using highlighter at all, this was a reminder to give them some love!

Highlighter all the way for me! I love my Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Highlighter Wand - I hope to eventually collect all the CT wand shades 🙏

@TeamBIC --

I could do without either of them really, and back at the start of my makeup wearing, we just used various blushers to do either (and/or I used darker skin powder to contour my cheekbones), but if pressed, I guess it's highlighter for me. I like all kinds, from subtle to seen from space, but a current fave is SEPHORA COLLECTION Golden Hour Luminizing Powder 01 Dusk , a truly luminous sheen that blends in beautifully and never looks overdone.

@heavyhedon  Your description is so perfect for this- I love this highlighter.

1 Reply
testing