Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

TeamBIC_0-1646413463247.png

March has made its way to us, and to celebrate, we’re breaking out the beauty brackets for our second annual Makeup Madness Challenge in the BIC! For the next few weeks, eight popular makeup categories will go head-to-head in a showdown to snag the title of 2022 Community Champion makeup category. It’s up to YOU to vote on the winner … and share some tried-and-true beauty recs along the way (because why not?!). 😉

We kicked off round 1 with a matchup that sparked serious passion last year: lipstick vs. mascara. 🔥 Mascara ended up taking the crown in 2021, but who knows what will happen this year… especially since we’ll be adding new makeup categories to the mix in future rounds. 😏 Stay tuned!

GeorginaBT_0-1650645631867.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and tag a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, the lovely lipstick lover @WinglessOne might reply with “Lipstick! PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick” 🥰💄

Let the games begin! Each new round of voting starts Fridays, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/4 – 3/10): Lipstick vs. Mascara (👑)
  • ROUND 2 (3/11 – 3/17): Primer vs Setting Powder (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/18 – 3/24): Concealer vs. Foundation (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/25 – 3/31): Contour vs. Highlighter (👑
  • ROUND 5 (4/1 – 4/7): Lipstick (👑) vs. Setting Powder 
  • ROUND 6 (4/8 – 4/14): Foundation (👑) vs. Highlighter 
  • FINAL ROUND (4/15 – 4/21): Lipstick (👑) vs. Foundation
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/22): 👑 Lipstick 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (lipstick or foundation!), use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/22/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2022! This year's champion is 💄lipstick💋 - no pouting for our fellow lip lovers! Here were Community members' top-tagged lipsticks from your votes throughout the challenge:

1. PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick 
  2. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick 
  3. MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick 
  4. GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI I’m Still Here Longwear Clean Matte Liquid Lipstick Original Recipe 
  5. TOM FORD Lip Color Lipstick 

We're also showing love to the most-tagged products in all the Makeup Madness categories this year - check them out here:

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Concealer vs. Foundation

Oh, thank you so much for the swatch comparison! @itsfi  I might have to try the Tower 28 but go to a Sephora that lets sunshine in to get a more accurate match. 🙂

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2022: Tag your Favorite Category – Concealer vs. Foundation

Happy to help @Buootiful😊 It's a great idea to see a swatch of it in real life, in indoor lighting and natural sunlight.

@itsfi That is so helpful, thank you! Your description of the Tower 28 and how the sample has performed for me sounds exactly like what I’m looking for. You said you were getting a shade up for summer though - is it lightweight enough the shades are pretty forgivable between seasons? 

@alexasteph, you should probably be able to use one shade for a few seasons. I have Melrose and that’s a great match for me mid-fall thru maybe late spring/early summer. It could actually work through summer too (and thus, year round) as I really don’t get too much darker naturally, or if I did, I can apply bronzer to the parts of my face that gets hit with the sun more. Except for the last couple of years, I have used a self tanner or a bronzing serum (something like Drunk Elephant’s D-Bronzi) in late spring and summer so that’s where I was thinking about the next shade up. However, as we’ve been chatting about it, I suppose I could stick with Melrose and use that as the mixing agent with the DE-like product. 🤔 I will have to try that out this weekend. Thank you!! 

@itsfi   Luminous Silk is perfection!

@Ispend2much6, it is! Hard to imagine it not being in my foundation collection.

@itsfi  I love your foundation display it’s beautiful!!! 

Awww, thank you so much, @ather! 🤗 Target. $5. 😍 The bottom shelf is meant to hold primer, concealer, setting powder / spray, but I need to do some organizing first to make that happen. 😆 Maybe next weekend.

@itsfi  ooooo I do miss target. I love how organized you are!

@ather, I’m bummed they’re no longer in Canada, but I had heard that their roll out up north wasn’t well executed. Is there a comparable store?

@itsfi  Amazon lol. I was in the city for the weekend but I didn’t get much time to shop. I’m sure winners/Marshalls would be somewhat comparable. 

Shouldn't Armani be rewarding Loyal LSF Fndtn customers? A voucher for their 10th btl, or g.card- something!

Hahaha! Love it @MvLL! ♥️ I mean, I wouldn’t say “no” to that. 😆 Dear Armani Beauty, it was suggested by the marvelous MvLL that … 😉 

Seriously though,  Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation is such a beautiful foundation. 🥰

I've made a decision......It's foundation!  It's rare that I wear just concealer, as much as I love my Jouer Cosmetics Essential High Coverage Liquid Concealer Dulce de Leche , I usually wear it with powder foundation.  If my skin would just clear up and stop being so touchy, I probably could get away with just wearing concealer, but alas, no.  Also, I really like wearing a full face, so having the foundation as a base to grip my highlight and blush is a must.  Team Foundation (just barely) it is.

Foundation picks:

Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation 

Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Medium Coverage Liquid Foundation with Hyaluronic Acid 10 Neutral

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Liquid Foundation 330 

Gucci Fluide De Beauté Fini Naturel - Natural Finish Fluid Foundation 340N 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint 12 

This was a tough decision!  I'm so nervous about the next round 😳

@danielledanielle, it must have been agonizing to choose! I think you should reward yourself with a new foundation! 😊 The Gucci foundation has been on my list since it launched - just need to find a color match first! 

Girl, @itsfi it was!

Ahhhh, the dreaded color match.  Well, not dreaded, but tricky and likely keeping me from having 100+ foundations 🤷🏽‍♀️

Like, I want to try the LYS Beauty Triple Fix Serum Foundation , too, but have no idea what shade

@danielledanielle, agreed! Finding a good color match can be a challenge itself. I noticed that one of the store near me stocks quite a few of the LYS concealer, not sure if it’s the entire shade range. I think I’ll try to go in before the sale to swatch the concealer, in the hope it will give me a better idea which foundation shade will work for me. 🤞🏼 

@danielledanielle  Yay team foundation!!!!

What is happening right now? Primer lost to setting powder? *throws hands in the air* Why even vote at this point lol. 

I get to dance in the middle on this one, because my current favorite complexion item is the MERIT The Minimalist Perfecting Complexion Foundation and Concealer Stick Silk which can be both foundation and concealer. It’s also a clean product so it’s just winning all the way around!

@Mcakes   My mom always said that voting gives you the right to complain;) 

Ouhhh, this one was off my radar but I love a product that does double duty!  And no matter what you win this round;);) 

@Mcakes, I’m still thinking retail therapy is worth a try. 😉 

BE17855D-7B2E-4518-8CCD-66B4FAB52B8F.gif

The Merit foundation/concealer stick is fabulous! 😍

1 Reply
testing