From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations
View activity, savings and benefits
Redeem items, samples and more
View saved products
Recommendations from your store visits
Manage your services, classes and events
Complete your beauty traits for personalized recommendations
Payments, contact info, addresses and password
Ask questions, join challenges, and get recommendations from people like you
Discover topics tailored to your beauty interests
Add your photos and get inspired by fellow beauty lovers
Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022
[UPDATED WITH NEW CHALLENGES ~ MAY & JUNE] 💗💗💗 So, I could definitely use some makeup inspiration these days and maybe you could too. Several years ago, we used to have some weekly makeup challenge threads, so I’m bringing one back. It’s a great way to spark some creativity and maybe most importantly, a great way to shop your stash!
I started with a list of some challenges below, but also happy to edit/rearrange/consider other ideas along the way. I hope you will join me! Feel free to post as many or as few times you’d like each week with photos of your looks. If you don’t like to post your face, feel free to do a flatlay of the products you used to do your look. Also, if you get behind or ahead, feel free to post pics whenever you have time.
Can’t wait to see all your looks! Have fun!
Updated the challenge (AGAIN) for the next few months!
Week 26 (May 1-7): Spring flower inspired (cherry blossoms, daffodils, lilacs, etc)
Week 27 (May 8-14): Monochromatic look - use seasonally fun shades like peach, coral, nudes or pastels! @heavyhedon
Week 28 (May 15-21): Soft Smoky eye (heck, or go for a bold, smoky eye!)
Week 29 (May 22-28): Bold lip or eye
Week 30 (May 28-Jun 4): Beachy look (gold, Aqua, bronze, waterproof)
Week 31 (Jun 5-11): Mermaid or Unicorn inspired look
Week 32 (Jun 12-18): Gold, copper, bronze - metals
Week 33 (Jun 19-25): Festival looks (for my birthday week!)
Week 44 (Jun 26-Jul 2): Show us your PRIDE rainbows!!
Week 45 (Jul 3-9): Red, White & Blue
Week 46 (Jul 10-16): Makeup you forgot you had! Suggested by @makeitup305
Week 47 (Jul 17-23): Graphic eyeliner look, or another trend you’ve been wanting to try (inspired by @SportyGirly125 )
Week 1 (Nov. 7-13): Fall-inspired look (I’m thinking golds, oranges, browns, wines, plums and greys, but do whatever makes you feel like fall!)
Week 2 (Nov. 14-20): Black owned brands (Show them some love! https://www.sephora.com/beauty/black-owned-beauty-brands)
Week 3 (Nov. 21-27): Newness! Show off any new items you picked up during the sale (or anything new-ish that needs some love). Or, if you are on a low buy, just shop your stash! Alternate suggestions try something in a new way, i.e. use shades from a palette that you never use, or in a new combo.
Week 4 (Nov. 28-Dec. 4): Go all-glowy or go all-matte!
Week 5 (Dec. 5-11): Luxe brands or Luxe items. If it feels luxe to you or makes you feel fancy, post it!
Week 6 (Dec 12-18): Limited Editions (old or new, pull out your limited edition or discontinued items and actually use them!)
Week 7: (Dec. 19-25) Snow Queen/King
Week 8: (Dec. 26-Jan. 1) Silver and (or) Gold
Week 9: (Jan. 2-Jan. 😎 Glitter/sparkle/glam
Week 10: (Jan. 9-Jan. 15) Throwback/forgotten favorites
Week 11: (Jan. 16-Jan. 23) Palette of the week - Choose an eye (and/or other palette to create different looks during the week
Week 12: Natural brands (Jan. 24-31) Let’s show our natural, clean or eco-friendly brands some love!
Week 13: (Feb. 1-7) Budget friendly brands
Week 14: Minis
Week 15 (Feb. 13 - 19): Red/Pink/Shimmer/Glitter or whatever you want for Valentine’s/Galentines Day (@imaster)
Week 16 (Feb. 20 - 26): ROYGBIV/Rainbow Week- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet - pick a new color every day or one color for the week, or use color on eyes, lips, cheeks, etc.! (@idanyd)
Week 17 (Feb. 27-Mar. 5): Mardi Gras Week - break out your purples, golds, greens, masks 🎭🎭🎭
Week 18 (Mar. 6 - 12): Celebrity/Social media/influencer week (recreate a look you love and post the side by side pics)
Week 19 (Mar. 13 - 20): Mixed Metals Week (@heavyhedon)
Week 20 (Mar. 21 - 27): Mostly missed this one, ugh, sorry!
Week 21 (Mar. 27- Apr. 2): Show us your Spring looks!
Week 22 (Apr. 3 - 9): Bronze goddess look (will probably repeat this in the summer)
Week 23 (Apr. 10 - 16): No makeup makeup
Week 24 (Apr. 17 - 23): Sephora Spring sale newness/or anything you haven’t gotten around to wearing/or shop your stash
Week 25 (Apr. 24-30): Fairy/wood sprite 🧚♀️🧚🧚♂️
Please feel free to suggest some other challenge ideas in the thread and we’ll add to the coming weeks!! 💕💗💕💗💕
Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022
Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022
It's been a crazy week so I haven't had the time to do a full pride look except on Monday. Shadows are a mix of KVD Pastel Goth (oldie but a goodie) and some Lethal Cosmetics mattes.
Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022
Watercolor Pride 🏳️🌈🌈Enjoy!!
This look is totally customizable! I was inspired by music and the feeling of freedomJ Have fun with the color placement and work in layers to build intensity. Have fun and HAPPY PRIDE!
- @theoutset The Outset Gentle Micellar Cleanser The Outset Gentle Micellar Antioxidant Cleanser
- @shanidarden Shani Darden Sake Toning Essence Shani Darden Skin Care Sake Toning Essence 4 oz/ 120 mL
- @drdennisgross Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel
- @drdennisgross Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Pore Perfecting & Refining Serum Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Pore Perfecting & Refining Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL
- @TheOrdinary The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B% Hydrating Serum The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum
- @sc Sephora Collection Nourishing Moisturizer with Prebiotics SEPHORA COLLECTION Nourishing Moisturizer with Prebiotics 1.69 oz/ 50 mL
- @sc Sephora Collection Brightening Eye Cream with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid 0.67 oz/ 20mL
- @cayskin Cay Skin Isle Glow Face Moisturizer with SPF 45 and Niacinamide CAY SKIN Isle Glow Body Lotion with SPF 45 3.4 oz / 100 mL
- @RareBeauty Rare Beaury By Selena Gomez Illuminating Primer- Always and Optimist Collection Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Illuminating Primer- Always An Optimist Collection 0.94 oz/ 28 mL
- @RareBeauty Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 20 SUNSCREEN Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Tinted Moisturizer
- @lancomeofficial Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Full Coverage Concealer Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear All Over Full Coverage Concealer
- @sc Sephora Collection Translucent Loose Setting Powder SEPHORA COLLECTION Translucent Loose Setting Powder 0.61 oz/ 17.29 g
- @gxvebeauty GXVE by Gwen Stefani Most Def Clean Instant Definition Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Most Def Clean Instant Definition Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil
- @makeupbymario Makeup by Mario Master Eye Prep & Set MAKEUP BY MARIO Master Eye Prep & Set™
- @anastasiabeverlyhills Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina PRO Pigment Palette Volume 1 & 2
- @sc Sephora Collection Ultimate Gel Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil “Matte Lime” SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultimate Gel Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil Matte Lime
- @sc Sephora Collection Big By Definition Defining and Volumizing Mascara SEPHORA COLLECTION Big By Definition Defining & Volumizing Mascara Ultra Black - black
- @sc Fine Line Waterproof Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner SEPHORA COLLECTION Fine Line Waterproof Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner Black
- @sc Sephora Collection Outrageous Hydrating & Plumping Intense Lip Gloss SEPHORA COLLECTION Outrageous Plump Intense Hydrating Lip Gloss
Sephora Collection PRO Brushes and steps:
PREP SKIN FIRST-
- @sc PRO Foundation Brush #47- Evenly apply foundation first with fingers and perfect with #47 working outward SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Foundation Brush #47
- @sc PRO Concealer Brush #71- Place concealer under eyes, around nose, chin and middle of forehead and jaw. Lightly blend with brush- Also use this tool for shadow primer. SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Concealer Brush #71
- @sc Total Coverage Original Sponge- Use sponge to press coverage into skin and even complexion application
- @sc Shadow Brush PRO Concealer Brush #45-Apply light metallic blue shade to eye lid and use fingertip to layer saturation and build shine. SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Concealer Brush #45
- @sc PRO Crease Brush #24- Sculpt crease with medium blue shade. Tilt head back and keep eye open. Work on both eyes to create symmetry. Pick up light purple shade to blend into crease for a gradient effect. SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Crease Brush #24
- @sc PRO Eyeliner Brush #22-Line eyes with a saturated angled brush starting on the outer corners. Spray brush with @sc Makeup setting spray and select a red shade. Use this to create wing shape. Clean bush and continue wing using an orange shade SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Eye Liner Brush #22
- @sc PRO Shadow Brush #10-Create a point of light using a yellow shade on bridge of nose. Pat and place color to inner corners of eyes. Pat and build shape until desired. Diffuse edges and blend any hard lines using @sc pro highlight brush #98 SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Shadow Brush #10 SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Highlight Brush #98
- @sc PRO Highlight Brush #98- Used to blend and diffuse all colors on face.
- @sc PRO Blush Brush #99-Create a bright pop of color on tops of cheek near the eye. Place and pat brush, keeping placement near outer corner of wing eyeliner. Blend lightly with #98 to diffuse hard edges. Pick up orange shade with #98and blend into Pink.
- @sc PRO Highlight Brush #87- Set jaw line, t-sone and finish with mascara.
- Curl lashes before beginning application. Add lashes for more drama!
- The trick with this look is lightly building saturation of color and working in layers. When you think you are done, take a step back and asses if more color is needed.
- Line lower waterline with any color you desire and layer beneath it with the same shade of eyeshadow.
- Add a fun shape like a heart or star on your cheek with SC Fine Line Liquid Eyeliner