Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023/2024

Week 14 (March 24-March 30): 5 minute Makeup Face & Faves - Share your go-to quick and easy face and favorite items! Join us for a Super-collab with Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge  and Sephora Six - Fast & Furious Edition 

Thanks for 2+ amazing years and some amazing collabs for the Makeup Challenge! I’ve updated some new themes for March and early April below. I hope you will join me in sharing your looks, flatlays, or tags for items you use in each challenge! 

Upcoming Weekly Challenge: 

Week 10 (Feb 24- March 2): Lunar/ Chinese New Year Looks - This is a little late but the 24th was the lantern festival, so I think we can still celebrate this week!

Week 11 (March 3-9): I’m Cold Makeup Trend - This one’s been on the list for a while and I would love to try it out and see your looks!

Week 12 (March 10-16): March Sentimental Items - Any makeup items that spark a memory or have sentimental value for any reason, big or small. Let us know what is special about these items!

Week 13 (March 17-23): Dolly Week! Anything inspired by the America’s darling, Dolly Parton!

Week 14 (March 24-March 30): 5 minute Makeup Face & Faves - Share your go-to quick and easy face and favorite items! Super-collab with Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge  and Sephora Six - Fast & Furious Edition 

Week 15 (March 31-April 6): Cartoon influence (i.e. Jem/she-ra/bratz/anime/etc) - I know I’m dating myself with Jem and She-ra but I thought it’d be fun to recreate a look from any cartoon!

Spoiler

Completed 2023 Weekly Challenges: 

Spoiler

💗💗❤️❤️💗💗💗 

We celebrated the One Year Anniversary of this thread in November!! Although, somehow the challenge ended up with 61 weeks in a year, I’m not sure how that happened, lol.

Anyway, I figure in year two, we’ll do some repeats and some new challenges. I also plan to add in some bonus hair challenges, maybe once a month.

Okay, for simplicity, I’m going to update the numbering to be Week 1 for the new year, I hope that is not too confusing. I’ll try to get 52 weeks in the year this time! I guess I also need to update the title for 2023.

Week 1 (Jan 1-7): Focus on brows week!
Do a bold brow or shimmery brow or just spend more time on your brows this week. Inspired by @SportyGirly125 

Week 2 (Jan 8-14): Rock a red lip week! If this is a regular for you, rock it as normal, or add a fun element, like gloss or add glitter/shimmer to it. Suggested by @JoSometimes 

Week 3 (Jan 15-21): Shop your stash/forgotten favorites! Dig into your stash/archives for something you haven’t used in a long time and renew your love or re-evaluate)

Week 4 (Jan 22-28): Chopping block/declutter week! Are there any items that you have been wondering about getting rid of? Do they still work, bring joy, serve a purpose in your collection? No pressure to get rid of anything, but just want to dedicate a week to evaluate some items on the heels of forgotten favorites week!!

Week 5 (Jan 29-Feb 4): Skin prep/Complexion focus week! Take extra time this week with your skin prep. Exfoliate or use a hydrating mask prior to makeup, use a luminous or mattifying primer, foundation and/or setting spray. And/Or, focus this week on using a skincare device or skincare product if you’ve been neglecting one you own.

Week 6 (Feb 5-11): Get out of your comfort zone week! Suggested by @josometimes. This is a chance to try something new and experiment a little. If you love a red lip, try hot pink or neutral. If you love neutrals, maybe add some color. Or, wear a bolder look out to run errands or on a night out to gain confidence with a different look! Please feel free ask for tips and tricks if you’d like suggestions on techniques, color or product recommendations and share your experience and tips for others as you try something new.

Week 7 (Feb 12-18): Red/Pink/Shimmer/Glitter or whatever you want for Valentine’s/Galentines Day (inspired by @imaster

Week 8 (Feb 19-25): Pantone Color of the Year Viva Magenta week! I miss the past Sephora + Pantone collaborations, so let’s make our own.

4FB18738-815E-4192-850C-14E0D384B2D6.jpeg46B0F3EC-1A89-4472-A256-F4DD48AB7ADB.jpeg07392A74-5EF0-42D4-ACBC-46655441120E.jpeg

Week 9 (Feb 26-Mar 4): Luxe brands or Luxe items. If it feels luxe to you or makes you feel fancy, use it and post it, whether it’s Target or Tom Ford, L’Oréal or La Mer!

Bonus Hair Challenge for February: Hot Rollers or Velcro Rollers and/or other techniques for volume.

Week 10 (March 5-11): Matchy matchy week! Match your makeup to your clothes, or jewelry or hair accessories, a scarf or something you wear! Inspired by @sportygirly

Week 11 (March 12-18): Green week! For St. Patrick’s Day, let’s show off all our green looks or otherwise Irish inspired looks! 💚💚🍀🍀

Week 12 (March 19-25): Use something in a different way (safely) - An opportunity to use your lipstick as blush, your eyeliner or eyebrow pencil on lips, be creative! (Just remember, some items are not tested and may not be safe for eyes or lips)

Week 13 (March 26-April 1): Cherry Blossom Week - while the peak bloom may vary around the world, let's use this week to be inspired by the beauty of the cherry blossoms. Oh, if you happen to live where you get to see the real cherry blossoms, please share those pics, too! 

Week 14 (April 2-8): Spring Looks week! What makes you think of spring? Gloss, pastels, spring runway looks?

Week 15 (April 9-15): Holy Grail week! I think maybe @josometimes or @titian06 suggested this one? Use your Holy Grail products that are tried, tested and loved and be sure to share why it's a fave!

Week 16 & 17 (April 16-29)***: Sephora Spring sale - newness/or anything you haven’t gotten around to wearing/or shop your stash. (Note: I'm not sure when the Spring sale is happening, so I may move this one.) ETA: well, it's timed perfectly for shopping in store, though online purchases may not make it in time! Feel free to keep posting spring sale newness into the following weeks! 
(***I made the executive decision to extend this one more week since orders are still coming in!) 

Week 18 (April 30-May 6): Multichromes week! There have been so many great multi-chrome products and palettes lately, so let's make sure to showcase them!

Week 19 (May 7-13): April Showers bring May Flowers week!  This can be a bright and springy look, or a rain-inspired look (or a combo of both!).

Week 20 (May 14-20): World Makeup! A look or trend from around the world. There are lots of K-beauty trends, like crying girl, popsicle/gradient lips, blush, something like a Parisian chic look, or anything else you can think of! (Suggested by @josometimes)

Week 21 (May 21-27): Barbiecore! I was actually never a fan of dolls or Barbies as a kid, and the flood of Barbie on Instagram recently was kind of annoying to me, but I also have a soft spot for pink and Barbie, so I thought I’d add to the challenge. Can be anything from subtle to all out Barbie.

Week 22 (May 28-June 3): Social Media Inspired! Recreate a look and/or create your own look inspired by an influencer you love, or use makeup to recreate a filter. Post a side by side to share with us.

Week 23 (June 4- 10): Festival! Go all out with Glitter / Color / Braids / Hair Accessories or go easy and fresh!

Week 24 (June 11-17): Earth Week! Highlight more sustainable or green makeup brands. Or even just a play on blue, green, or even earthy tones to celebrate the earth.This is a little out of order but summer is a great time to connect with and celebrate the earth! (Suggested by @josometimes)

Week 25 (June 18-24): Summer Solstice! Create a look based on whatever makes you think of summer, maybe a sunny look, bronzed beauty, or zodiac inspired look.

Week 26 (June 25-July 1): Celebrate Pride! I know pride events vary widely by cities, so if you happen to do a pride look in another week, feel free to post anytime!

Week 27 (July 2-8): 4th of July! Let’s see those red, white and blues., fireworks inspired or just summery BBQ looks.

For your summer slays, there will be some additional cheeky challenges - cheers to @danielledanielle for proposing this fun collab with the weekly challenge! Let's get cheeky, chicas and chicos! We'd love it if you cross post your looks in both threads. 😘😘  Cheek Challenge Summer 2023: Collabs with Makeup Challenge of the Week  

The Cheek Challenges:

Week 28 (July 11-16) Bold Blush - The Better The Brighter 

Week 29 (July 17-22) Barbiecore - Getting Ready for Opening Night (This one's a repeat of Week 21, but for good reason! Movie opens July 21st!) 

Week 30 (July 23-29) Summer Sculpt - Bring your best bronzed cheekbones, contouring and underpainting are also welcome

Week 31 (July 30-Aug 5) Gloss and Glow - Give me the inner highlight, the glass skin or lip ready goodness

Week 32 (Aug 6-Aug12) Sunshine Sensation - Gold looks or metallic eyes

Week 34 (Aug 20-26) Mermaid makeup | Let’s get mermaid inspired, whether that’s classic teals and aquas, or maybe a pink or purple shimmery look? It may be as simple as a holographic highlight or a touch or turquoise eyeliner, or go all out. 🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️🧜‍♂️🧜‍♂️

Week 35 (Aug 27-Sep 2) Waterproof or Long-wearing Makeup | What helps you beat the summer heat? Share your favorite hot weather skin, hair and makeup products, tips and tricks as we cruise through the end of August.

Week 36 (Sep 3-9) Neon Brights | Share your boldest and brightest neon looks!

Collab with Cheek Challenge Fall 2023: Awesome Autumn ! Feel free to extend the themes beyond cheeks and cross post in both threads if you like! 

Week 38 (Sep 17-23) Fiercely Foilage - Think color changing, vibrant cheeks

Week 39 (Sep 24-30) Sephoria Euphoria: whether you attended virtual, in person, or in spirit, give me your glammiest of glam.  Highlighters highly encouraged.

Week 40 (Oct1-Oct7) Pumpkin Pleasure - give me your best orange blush look (coral and peach looks are welcomed)

Week 41 (Oct8-Oct14) Cute and Cozy - think flushing and/or blushing, baby pinks welcomed.

Week 42 (Oct15-Oct22) In Your Comfort Era - no makeup makeup or monochromatic looks

Week 43 (Oct22-Oct28) Hottie Toddies - Warm me up with a smoky look, brown\based blushes, smoky eyes and latte makeup welcomed.

Week 44 (Oct 29-Nov 4) Halloween Looks!! Share ‘em all!! 
Week 45 (Nov 5-Nov 11) Sephora sale newness or shop your stash to save money!! 
(I’ll be updating November challenges soon!)

(Extended Holiday Break due to family circumstances!)

Week 52 I guess! - Post your Holiday looks - let’s see your Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and other holiday colors! (More to come in 2024!)

Year 3: 
Week 1-2 (Break)

Jan 14-20: Cherry Cola/Cherry Cocktail Lips + Cheeks. Think ombre lips and burgundy or deep red looks.

Jan 21-27: Hot Toddy Week. Think bright and sultry, go for golds and honey or amber colors.
Jan 28-Feb 3: Espresso Martini\Martini Week.  This is the martini look - green and shimmer, but you could also add a deep lip to it or go for brown or plum version.

Feb 3-10: Maiden's Blush or Cosmopolitan Week This is the one that started it - Maiden's Blush, by RMS beautyIt's coral, shimmery and warm.

Feb 11-17: Red Wine & Hot Chocolate - If you do partake in alcohol, try this it's delicious.  The look speaks to red and brown, but again, you choose.

Feb 18-24: Pink Blush /Blush Wine - Essentially, this is a pink look, but pinks have all sorts of tones, so have fun playing with this, whether it's all pink or a pop of pink.

———

So, I could definitely (still) use some makeup inspiration these days and maybe you could too! Several years ago, we used to have some weekly makeup challenge threads, so I’m bringing one back. It’s a great way to spark some creativity and maybe most importantly, a great way to shop your stash!

I started with a list of some challenges below, but also happy to edit/rearrange/consider other ideas along the way. I hope you will join me!  Feel free to post as many or as few times you’d like each week with photos of your looks. If you don’t like to post your face, feel free to do a flatlay of the products you used to do your look. Also, if you get behind or ahead, feel free to post pics whenever you have time.

Can’t wait to see all your looks! Have fun! Please feel free to suggest some other challenge ideas in the thread and we’ll add to the coming weeks!! 

💕💗💕💗💕

Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022

Thanks a lot @Titian06 💕💗💕

@sister13   Oh my gosh, I think that Bobbie Brown brick was my first highlighter that wasn’t an icy eyeshadow!  Talk about a throwback!  
Also your skin looks incredible!  

I know, right? It says something that she still sells the shimmer brick. A classic!

And PS, the portrait filter definitely helps here, and a lot of concealer to cover the cat scratch on my face which is still healing, and a bruise from the dog - unfortunate mishap of a rambunctious dog go while playing in the snow recently. 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ @heartsmyface 

@sister13 Stunning! Some oldies but goodies!

Indeed! Not easy for me to get rid of things, unless they go off, haha! @Mellmars1185 

You look absolutely gorgeous, per the norm, @sister13 ❤️❤️❤️

Oh, thank you so much @Tamara76 🥰🥰🥰

Oh man, this week turned out to be way more hectic than I expected, but I got a few forgotten favorites in. 

I used to love this The Return of Sexy palette, even though, geez, what a dumb name, lol! I kind of slapped this on, it really is a pretty palette, I didn’t do it justice here and my pics are a little goofy, admittedly. Also, Urban Decay Vice Hydrating Lipstick BackTalk, which is a little dryer formula than I generally like. The color is okay for a nude, which I don’t often wear. I think I got this one as gratis. This Lancôme crème blush was a favorite, too.

The used to sell the Tokyomilk at Sephora, but maybe not anymore. 

3E3EC5B3-CBD9-4248-BAE3-CF327C6252DC.jpeg
A99DA422-20B7-43C7-910A-05A48324A898.jpeg
EFB7E4CD-952F-4E69-8388-2324022B6898.jpeg
A9F70EDE-47D1-4177-B423-85A394B00D85.jpeg
D96452D3-BCBB-4ABB-A713-09B8F97DCD8F.jpeg

Very sultry look @sister13 -- I don't remember that palette, but it's smoky goodness (you do that justice!), too bad they moved on. I remember the Tokyomilk, as I always meant to get one of their lip balms. Love that blusher!

Your hair up!! Love the vibe @sister13 

Your look is absolutely gorgeous!!! @sister13 

Girl, you are looking glowy!!! @sister13 

Aww, thanks Tam! @Tamara76 

@sister13 Stunning! The Urban Decay Lipsticks looks beautiful on you!

Thank you! @Mellmars1185 

Very pretty, @sister13 , especially the Lancome blush! 💖💖💖

Thanks! It’s like a dryer cream formula, I’ve always loved it, and the color! @Titian06 

C027BEA0-5987-4FE3-8DAB-1974A3105EC0.jpeg

5BB7CCB4-949D-4BA0-B72D-2D5FFD9C1E4D.jpeg

Throw back and something new 🤩🥰

Natasha Denona Mini Gold Eyeshadow Palette 5 x 0.028 oz 

Charlotte Tilbury Smokey Eyes are Forever Instant Eye Palette 

Have to echo everyone's comments-- the lippy is divine with that smoky golden eye @idanyd 

@idanyd, you're magical with putting together these eye looks - gorgeous! 😍 And that lipstick shade - what color(s) are you wearing? 

Thank you so much 😊!!!! @itsfi  

I am wearing too faced mini lip from the peach range 

image.jpg

1 Reply
testing