cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Ha funny enough CT was an instant pass. I don’t know what it is about LE products lol. So far i wanna say I’ve tried everything except the liquid blushes which i plan to try if i like the colors whenever she relaunches. And well the cleanser and brushes because $$ ha. But the e/s was the only dud for me. 

Hear you @aviscardi and I would have thought that as well, but the CT totally totally surprised me!! It’s become one of my favs tho I only have the Ruby. It’s the most comfortable lip of this kind I’ve ever tried and continues to feel that way. Kind of crazy to me. I adored those blush she had and hope she ever relaunches them too. Mine exploded on the bottom!! 😆 Colors were so good too! 😭 

Ok um that was super fast shipping! 😂 Velvet Bloom is a very beautiful shade! Def the pinky red, reddy pink , strawberry pink described! She’s like a gorgeous very wearable soft best shade of a red rose. Blotted down it’s perfect too. Antiquey reminding me of an old world color worn by who, queens and royals?!  Love. 💄🌹

IMG_9976.jpegVelvet BloomVelvet Bloom

this is so pretty. I almost caved even tho its a bit bold for me but when swatches started to pop up it looked more pinky red than the warmth in her pics

It’s a pinky red @aviscardi ! Bit of neutral to it too. I’m excited if you saw a new formula or shades coming for fall! 🥰

aviscardi_0-1689633615158.png

Looks like per the bottom it’s also the only lips launching in summer. 

@Sunnysmom, that's a gorgeous shade! Mine is en route but I'm leaving town today, so living through your swatch and photos!!

Excited for you @TraceyEB ! Mine was a bit soft bec was warm out of course so I let her sit awhile. Just fyi 😊.

Very pretty, @Sunnysmom ! 🥰

You getting it @Titian06 ?! 

LOL...I started a reply, but the power went out!  Do you think that's a sign? @Sunnysmom 😄

Yes only “it’s hurry up and hit buy” so it doesn’t happen again @Titian06 ! 😆🥰

@Sunnysmom  Thanks for posting!  This looks like a perfect shade for you!

Thanks guys, she’s a beaut! @Ispend2much6 @Titian06 @TraceyEB 

New LE Bloom lip out today. Also matching liner. 

IMG_9961.jpegIMG_9959.jpegIMG_9960.jpeg

@Sunnysmom, Ordered mine. My Beauty Shopper posted a video with swatches and comparisons below. She describes Bloom as a strawberry pink shade; Lisa E describes it as a pink-red, inspired by blooming azaleas and peonies.

Screenshot_20230701-022225.pngL-R top row Skyscraper Rose, Bloom lipstick, Bloom lip pencil; L-R bottom row: Pompadour, EnchantmentL-R top row Skyscraper Rose, Bloom lipstick, Bloom lip pencil; L-R bottom row: Pompadour, Enchantment

Those are good comparisons @TraceyEB . I did too! It’ll be so pretty! 

Out of curiosity (because, surely, I do not need more makeup brushes 🤣), has anyone tried any of the Lisa Eldridge brushes?

Lisa Eldridge brushes.png

If this was discussed elsewhere, I'm sorry for asking again. I looked in a few places where I thought a discussion on these might be posted but my search didn't come up with anything, so I thought I'd ask here.

@itsfi  I don't own any of Lisa's brushes for the same reason I own just one Rae Morris* brush: I'm not convinced either brand's synthetic brushes are worth their price tag, considering I can get Chikuhodo synthetics for less money. I'm also not wowed by Lisa's brush shapes in an "oh I definitely need a brush like that to make [task] more efficient" way. Not that the usual brush shapes are unworthy, I mean we all need a basic shader and blender and maybe a pencil. I already have more of those than I really need. The only reason to buy Lisa's would be a decision to switch completely from natural hair to synthetic—though again, I'd look at Chikuhodo first. 

If anyone does buy one or more of Lisa's brushes, I'd love to hear their thoughts! 

*My Rae Morris brush is the Jishaku 8.5 Cream Shader. It's a good brush and I love the tapered tip. I'm not sure it's worth its current price tag, or even the lower price I paid in 2020. I don't often use it for some reason. (Note to self.) 

Same. Always drawn to a blender but the prices make me pause for synthetics. Now 2 of my fave eyeshadow brushes from hakuhoda i bought backups before their increase, they went up $6-7 and it’s still less than these.  I just bought a JR face brush and i feel like for a face brush that makes sense for the $30 range, these are probably 2x more than they should be. 

Something new ! April 23. 

IMG_0813.jpeg

788 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png
  • 4C3D06C2-A477-4902-82DF-1E03181E5600.png