cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

Hi all,

Wondering if the Lisa Eldridge lipsticks are worth hunting down? Thoughts?

Re: Lisa Eldridge lipsticks

@TraceyEB  Yup , won’t rehash my/our thoughts as you read them below etc. 😊 They do transfer if worn on their own but I never seem to wear mine this way. I haven’t tried on my waterline yet, maybe I will today. They do look beautiful worn over shadow and blended however. The colors are what I love and am sure others too. Nice mix of basics plus fun! I adore the green as it has the blue mix in it!  I will order the gold next I’m pretty sure as I don’t mind mixing these with others underneath or over a shadow but realize that could just be me! Let us know if you try them please! Waterlines are so darn tricky!! 🥰

@Sunnysmom, Lisa is getting a lot of us to practice an array of placement techniques. When they work as you're finding, they seem to work well. I'm worried these are too tricky for my oily hooded eyelids. Hooded eyes has forced me to learn to line the upper waterline. Above the eyelash, I typically double line and put a whisper of powder over the eyeshadow where the liner hits or use a gel eyeliner pot like Bobbi Brown or KVD liquid liner.

So true @TraceyEB ! I love that- “whisper of powder”, pretty ! 😍 So this is interesting. I used Cinder on my inner waterline yesterday. Nothing else, no shadow nada. It landed a bit on my bottom lid but not much. Otherwise it stayed on my inside eyelid ALL day and night. Was tricky to even get it off! Isn’t that nutty?! Maybe I just had a day where my eyes were more dry or something but it truly lasted. It wouldn’t have stayed that long on my upper eyelid like that even with the shadow I’m pretty sure. 🥹😆 I also imagine the more matte shades perform much better than any of the shimmers. I have your same woes on waterline! 

WOW 😍

EDIT:  Sorry to say the liners still smear easily. And the sparkles in the Renaissance Gold migrate easily.

Here’s Renaissance Gold and. Night Forest. Beautiful cool shades. 
These swatches are smudged three minutes after application. It’s not looking good for their wear time and ability.

I did try these shortly after bringing them inside from the mailbox so maybe after a lengthy rest in an air conditioned house they will be okay. I’ll report back later.

C2F38AE0-EF08-4017-8147-D0937CF4D9AC.jpeg

@Ispend2much6, that does not look promising for me as VBB liners transfer, so I take extra measures to minimize that but if these smear and don't dry down, they won't work for me. Let me know if the performance improves as you use them.

@TraceyEB   I sent them back.  Not going to work for me.

@Ispend2much6, good for you! The brand should get this feedback when the product doesn't perform as expected. I'm getting the feeling that they might be more problematic than they are worth. I find VBB tricky enough.

@TraceyEB. I would say that they definitely run more than VB's which also smear some for me.

I never used to hav2that problem.

Hourglass's Voyeur liners are pretty good.

I love the shades and it worked better over a bit of powder shadow but to the touch they can still smudge. They’re a bit creamier than VB and i don’t tend to touch my eyes so maybe i just didn’t notice that with VB. But why are they claiming budge proof lol. 

and yes the gold has like a black base 

@aviscardi   Yes, that's exactly what I say- why misadvertise.

They’re pretty aren’t they @Ispend2much6 ? I just got my Cinder Smoke and Night Forest and they’re beautiful. They felt similar to VBB to me, so smooth. Will try them tomorrow and see how they fare. 🙂 I usually do mine over shadow tho so that really locks them in well. 😊 I debated the Gold but worried it was too warm. No? Doesn’t look it on you anyway. 

@Sunnysmom  The gold is not warm at all.  It seems to be a cool bronze, almost taupe.  And that's on me- shades always look cooler on you than on me, so you should be good.

Good tip about the shadow.  I tend to wear cream shadows, at least underneath, and have a tough time with gel liners not smearing.

Oh great @Ispend2much6 ! I will put that on my list for sure. I wanted to but I’ve had trouble with past bronze not being cool enough. Yup, I do a light cream shadow then layer with powder shadow and my liner goes over that , smudged. 😊 Hope it helps you too. So annoying when they don’t last! Sorry about the smearing for you. 🥹

Just so happens vb’s are on sale at Violet Grey right now. @Sunnysmom 

@Ispend2much6 nice. Thankfully I neeed none right now. I’m stocked!  Wait. Aren’t they usually an exception tho? Not right now? 

@Sunnysmom   Oops, you're correct.  And, you need to spend a$300 for measly 15%.  Nope.

Oh shoot @Ispend2much6 yup afraid she’s usually an exclusion on VG from past experience. WA isn’t tho fyi! 😊 

I ordered the green and gold.  I think they will look good together.  I'm really tired of my liner running all over my eyes and upper cheeks.  Even UD does a little bit. Hope this is a good formula.

 Ack! so here for these!!  - i think this green (not quite the olive im looking for) i might like the undertone better than the VB. Ouhh competition is here lol. I like 4 of the 6 woops. Im skipping black (i only need one of those) and the grey which i don't wear. 
 launching tomorrow !!

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 2.36.35 PM.png

Did you get some @aviscardi ?! 💞

788 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos179
  • EA19B0D5-410D-4EC5-86BC-D7386A55BA37.jpeg
  • A5D138E9-C125-426B-968A-70D192F8AD4E.jpeg
  • Velvet fawn
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.59.34 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 12.49.34 PM.png