Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Layering water-based products with other products?

Hey! I'm looking at the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea collection, because I really want a more natural-radiant finish that isn't super full coverage. My only concern is -- given that the product has a water base, how does it fair with layering other products? Will I encounter problems trying to layer creamy contour shades, for example?

Re: Layering water-based products with other products?

I don't know about this Tarte foundation specifically, but I wore a water-based foundation for ~2 years (MUFE water blend BEFORE it was called the Water Blend) and never had issues applying anything on top. Your skin will absorb the water, so it's not like there's a thin layer of water just hanging out on your skin 🙂

Ah great, thanks! The skin absorbing the water definitely makes sense. Do you think there would be a problem if I put the contour shade *under* the foundation, though (like for a subtler look)?

Thanks!

I don't contour, so I can't really answer your question. I've watched videos of people contouring underneath foundation and don't quite get it... it simply gets blended out and looks like nothing at all! Could you just use a lighter hand/blend better if contouring after foundation?

I kind of like the blurred look so that it isn't obvious I contoured. I don't want to look like a Kardashian or anything xD ahahah but thanks anyway!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing