Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes

We swatched the new Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

LM.jpg

Shop this palette> http://seph.me/QfcqAw

Re: Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes

Hey, just wondering who all purchased and is using this palette?  Unfortuntely as it was limited edition the item is removed from the website so I can't get to the reviews!  

The palette is taking some getting used to (I _never_ use matte shadows) but after a few weeks I'm liking it more and more!  I find that making myself use only this palette results in more suble and sophisticated (I hope) looks than before.  Also this might be my HG palette for business trips which is an exciting thought.

What other experiences have people had with LM's Artist Palette for Eyes, and what color combinations have you dreamt up?  Today I wore Guava with Sable in the outer corner/crease and the navy blue as liner.

Funny, Guava+Sable+Deep Night is the combination I wear most often!

First, I feel like it would be useful to mention the "raw material" I am working with: I have dark golden blonde hair, very fair skin with pink undertones, grey eyes that turn blue or green, or in between depending on my eye makeup. And the shades in this palette are perfect for me.

Honestly, I love this palette. The only shades that took me some time to figure out were Chocolate and African Violet, as I had to figure out what brushes work best with them. Overall, I've pretty much stopped using other eyeshadows ever since I got this one.

As for other color combos:

1) I find that Plum Smoke matches the shade of my under eye circles (lol), so when I put it all over my lid, I also put Sable right on top, and then smudge Rich Coffee into my upper lash line for a smoky effect.

2) Just yesterday I wore Sunlit on the inner two thirds of my eyelid, and Chocolate on the outer corner and in the crease, with a little of African Violet as a color accent and smudged into my lower lashline.

3) When I go for all-matte look, I like using Vanilla Nuts+Cafe Au Lait+Coffee Ground on the lid, and then mix Sable with a tiny bit of Coffee Ground in the crease.

4) A couple of times I wore African Violet all over the lid with Deep Night in the outer corner, and a bit of Sunlit in the most inner corners of my eyes for highlithing and on the lower lashline to bring out the green in my eyes.

It looks like Cameo is left out, but I actually use it as an all-over color most of the time. Mixed with grey or purple eyeliner, it makes for the most easy, effortless, but still well put together look.

What combinations have you came up with? I would be very interested to try them too 🙂

Love the swatches! Wish I could zoom in more on the actual item though.

LOL at all the nice comments. frankly these swatches killed my desire for this palette. before seeing this, you couldn't have stopped me from buying it. now, it just looks cheap. no thanks

I don't even know why I clicked the link to check. I should have known that my skin tone wouldn't be represented. I guess I'm too dark for this palette. The lipstick selection should have tipped me off. Here's to wishing...

I appreciate you showing the different skin tones and how the colors show up on them. This is VERY helpful in deciding whether to select or not!

sephoraadmin2 wrote:

We swatched the new Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

LM.jpg

Shop this palette> Coming soon!

Shop Laura Mercier> http://seph.me/QIFMo5

thanks so much for posting these swatches!! it's great to see them on different skin tones. this palette looks amazing.. it's always great to have a palette that's half matte and half shimmer. nice job laura mercier. although, i would have liked some greens in there too

Are most of those colors matte?  I love my Naked palettes, but I'd love to have more matte colors rather than glittery with a lot of fallout.  So pretty!

Anonymous Insider

The first 2 (Chocolate and African Violet) are luster or frost.  Not as sparkely as some  - but enough.  The next 4 are sateen and the entire bottom row is matt. I have many of the matt from other books from LM and individual purchases.  This is a really good price for what you get, as you don't use that much. LM is more of a natural look, you tend not to pack as much shadow you your eye lids.

The top row is shimmery, the bottom row is matte.

I love the blue color! 

~We are all beautiful~

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
  • LM.jpg
testing