Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

I want to learn

I am totally new to this enigma that is makeup. Granted I love everything about it; but, I am completely daunted when it comes to where to begin. Any suggestions? Anything is very much appreciated.

Re: I want to learn

@Fine2BMe  I agree with @SportyGirly125 regarding YouTube.  I learned so much from watching videos.  I really struggled with applying eye shadow and You Tube really helped.  I also learned a lot about different types of products and techniques.  

RE: Re: I want to learn

Eyes are my trouble spot. The last time I tried, mine looked like a pigmented nightmare. All things in time. As I said in the other reply, I guess it just takes getting in there—so to speak. Thank you.

Re: I want to learn

@Fine2BMe @You can start by watching YouTube tutorials 

RE: Re: I want to learn

Thanks. 😊 I do follow a couple of people on YouTube. They make it look so easy. I’m just a bit reticent about brushes; but I guess —like anything—it’s probably anticipation jitters more than anything. Once I actually start doing it, I’ll probably think, “what exactly was I worried about”. Thank you for replying.

Re: RE: Re: I want to learn

@Fine2BMe 

I found that having a good brush set really helped me.  My favorite starter set is the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Ready To Roll Brush Set (face and eyes) since it has really soft bristles.  SEPHORA COLLECTION - Eyes: Uncomplicated Brush Set is another one but I found the bristles to be a little bit more harsh with this set.

I took a Makeup 101 class at Sephora and was taught to hold the brush at the very end instead of close to the brush head.  That way, you're not putting as much pressure on your eyelids, which can cause wrinkles.  I also found it easier to do my eyeshadow that way.

My favorite eyeshadows are SEPHORA COLLECTION - MOSCHINO + SEPHORA Laptop Palette, TOO FACED - Just Peachy Mattes Eyeshadow Palette – Peaches and Cream Collection, TARTE - Tarteist™ PRO Amazonian Clay Palette and HUDA BEAUTY The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette.  They are all pigmented and I love experimenting with the colors, especially the Moschino one!

I use Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original or concealer on my lids and set it with a bit of powder so the eyeshadow stays in place.

I also like to use waterproof mascara like the Dior Diorshow Waterproof Mascara Catwalk Black, my holy grail eyeliner stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black, SEPHORA COLLECTION - Luxe False Lash with the SEPHORA COLLECTION - House of Lashes x Sephora Collection Lashes (super glue for falsies).

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing