Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

How do you plan your makeup for the day?

In other words, do you put on your makeup to go with your outfit, hairstyle, mood, etc? I find that I mainly plan my makeup around my outfit and sometimes my mood. If I’m in a really good mood, I find I tend to experiment more with colors and different looks. If I’m totally exhausted, I may just throw on some bb cream and go.

Re: How do you plan your makeup for the day?

I have basically two looks--day and night.  The only thing that changes is the lipstick/gloss color to coordinate with clothes.  That gets chosen on a whim once I am dressed and just before I go out the door.

I work from home and sometimes don't leave the house for a few days straight.  I don't wear makeup when I'm not going anywhere.  I do still keep up my morning and night skin care routine--less removing make up of course--and keep a good moisture balm on my lips regardless.

Hi @Llamamama2,

For me, it depends on where I'm going. If I'm going on a date or somewhere special, I'll definitely take forever to get ready and include lots of skincare products before applying any makeup (I like using a sheet mask or giving myself a facial for glowing skin!). If I'm going to the grocery store or staying at home, I usually don't put on makeup. 

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

i find what outfit im gonna wear then i think about what kind of look i wanna go for.then i pick out products that i can use to create the look. if you dont know what look you want social media post are great things to look at for insporation.

i find what outfit im gonna wear then i think about what kind of look i wanna go for.then i pick out products that i can use to create the look. if you dont know what look you want social media post are great things to look at for insporation.

For me it's how much time I have (like @sprocketta), then mood and what I'm doing that day. I tend to like wearing a daytime smoky eye, but the color depends on my mood. When I'm in hurry I do less eye makeup - out come the cream shadow sticks, and I use lighter colors so I don't have to spend much time defining my brows afterward.

I make a weekly basket of makeup to keep at my dresser and try to make sure I have options for a few different looks, so I almost never root through my stash during the week. Also, I have a capsule wardrobe so I basically never match makeup to outfits; I just match both to the occasion.

RE: How do you plan your makeup for the day?

It honestly depends on my creativity juices and if they are flowin or not. On quick days (15 min) I can do a full brown Smokey look, but that’s boring and means I had no inspiration that day. I love to do cut creases, grungy eyes, rainbow shades, and that takes a lot of blending and time and when I have it then I got for it. I never have a plan, I always do my eyes first which controls how the rest of my makeup to go. Some days are good and some I just don’t care how it comes out, as long as some colorful stuff sticks to my face. I don’t match it to anything, makeup obviously should compliment the occasion but boring!!!

RE: How do you plan your makeup for the day?

Always the hardest thing to do considering I have boxes full of makeup. What I do is the night before I lay out all my skin care / and makeup products on my night stand and when I wake up in the morning it’s all ready for me to go.

@Llamamama2 I plan based on how much time I have.  Did I get up early enough to do foundation and eyeshadow or just lipstick on the run?  After time, I go with what I'm wearing that day.

For me it varies between my outfit and mood. Sometimes I might be feeling like I want to wear purple lipstick so than I pick my outfit and the rest of my makeup to match that. Other times I want to wear a new top or a specific top, than I would plan my makeup around that.

I really don't plan my makeup.   I wear a lot of black (work uniform) so I actually do a lot of random makeup and base it off of shades that look good on me.   I sold Mary Kay for awhile and one of the things I learned from that is that you don't actually have to match your makeup to your clothing, you should actually be matching to your eye color and skin tone.   I have hazel eyes so most eye shadow colors will look good on me, but you can look up what shadow colors go better with different color eyes.

Hi @Llamamama2

For bigger events (weddings etc) I obviously put more thought into how my makeup, hair, and outfit will work together. But for everyday, I do my makeup first based on my mood and let that decide everything from there. Sometimes I’m in a not so great mood and a good makeup day is a great “pick me up.” And sometimes I’m having a great day and go out with no makeup at all. There’s no rhyme or reason to it but I definitely base my makeup off my mood. 

Hi @Llamamama2,

I'm the same way as you! I like to plan my makeup, outfit, and hair style based on my mood. On my days off, I like to experiment with a bunch of different looks since that's when I have the most time! 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 39 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing