Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

How I Keep My Makeup On All Day

After four years of wearing makeup every single day, I've perfected my setting routine. My makeup now stays on all day- through my 9-hour barista work shift, through my daily 30 minute walk in 70°F (21.1°C) heat, and through a light rain shower. 

I start with moisturizing my face using the Herbivore Pink Cloud Soft Moisture Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL - This is the BEST moisturizer to use before makeup. It primes and smoothes my skin PERFECTLY. Then, I use a water-based primer, followed by a few spritzes of the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray Duo. I wait a few minutes for my face to dry, and then apply my water-based concealer/foundation using a beauty blender dampened by the Urban Decay All Nighter Extra Glow Dewy Setting Spray 4 fl oz/ 118mL 

I use cream blushes and powder bronzers- and I avoid putting foundation or concealer on the areas of my face that tend to sweat the most. (My upper lip is the most problematic regarding sweat.) Instead of concealer or foundation, I opt for a BB cream in those areas. BB creams like Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 Medium are perfect for this. 

When my face is painted, I wait a few minutes letting it sit, before applying a loose setting powder over most of my face. The Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent is one of my favorites- but it is expensive. There are many dupes that work just as well. I use the Hourglass Ambient® Powder Brush to lightly spread the powder over my face, and then use a powder puff to bake the powder under my eyes, on the sides of my nose, on my upper lip, and below my cheekbones. I let it bake for 3-5 minutes, and then use the Hourglass Ambient powder brush to brush the powder away. I follow this with the Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray Duo Value Size - 2 x 4 oz/ 118 mL 

Without fail, this routine has had my makeup on my skin like steel through sweat and rain. I've started the day with a full beat and 10 hours later with the same, fresh-looking face of makeup. I've needed to do one touch up at most on days I was more active than usual. 

Totally recommend this routine!

Re: How I Keep My Makeup On All Day

Thanks for sharing this @sorabor! There’s some really helpful bits in there. I agree that the LM powder is pricey. You mentioned that you’ve found a few dupes? Would you mind sharing them?

I can't post links to other websites, but the Maybelline fit me powder and the ELF loose setting powder have both worked amazing for me as well! 

Thanks for the suggestions @sorabor

Also a quick tip: Sephora doesn’t automatically let people know you’ve replied. We usually get around that by tagging people using @. Otherwise messages sometimes get missed. I’m glad I didn’t miss your reply. 🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing