Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Help with foundation, please

Set up: I have large pores, and slightly combo skin in summer, pretty normal in winter and have been wearing Everyday Minerals foundation powder for the last 15ish years. Love it for its blurring and evening qualities.  I switched from liquid because liquid was making me breakout.  That powder never did.

Situation: However, seeing all these lovely even skintones due to liquid foundation has me wondering if I've been missing out.  So I got matched with Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 4W4 Hazel

Which...I think the colour might be off. I look quite beige(full coverage!). Despite this, holy lick this stuff stays in place. But with it's full coverage and my quest to let my skin look more natural I've gone back in.  

Foundation No1:  I tried Nars natural radiant longwear but I swear this puppy slid around my face and settled in all creases and pores, despite wearing a primer and a light powder to set after.   So, is this common?

I've got the Nars luminous and the tarte multitasking to try out next.  Any other ideas of foundation to try?  

My quest for a nice liquid foundation is off to a rocky start.

Re: Help with foundation, please

@l8totheparty  Have you tried:

LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation ? 

I noticed that a few high-profile MUAs swore by its lasting power so I tried it a couple years ago. Not only did I get the best colour match of any foundation I’ve ever tried, it gave me beautifully-even skin coverage that held up all day and looked quite natural. 

I would still be using this foundation if I hadn’t created my own custom foundation last fall 😊

Thanks for the suggestion! @PinkEvergreen 

RE: Help with foundation, please

Guerlain lingerie de peau liquid foundation is stellar. & Dior flash is quite amazing

Re: RE: Help with foundation, please

@petiteprincesse  Do you mean Dior Airflash foundation? If so, can you tell me how you apply it? I have a full can of it because I couldn’t seem to apply it well at all and it made a mess all over. I’d love to hear application tips! 😊

Each time i tried applying it, I ended up looking exactly like RawBeautyKristi did when she tried it. Although it’s one of the funniest YouTube videos I’ve ever seen (I rewatch it whenever I need a good laugh), it was less funny when it happened to me lol... 😂  

RawBeautyKristi at her funniest :)RawBeautyKristi at her funniest 🙂

RE: Re: RE: Help with foundation, please

Oh my goodness gracious- I just burst out laughing. Thank you so much for that. I, too, was quite confused with how to use it. Tips: put hair up with claw clip and cover it with a shower cap. Make sure hair is out of the way, so you don’t miss any spots on your face. If you intend to spray your neck area, just cover yourself with a towel. I like to spray in sections. If you want fuller coverage, spray close- ish to your face (5 inches away from face) . After you’re done spraying your face in sections, take a sponge and blend + smooth out the foundation for a flawless finish. 🙂 It’s a process, however the final result is perfection! Plus you could always multitask while putting on foundation. I like to spray some dry shampoo in my hair, and kill two birds with one stone. Flawless finish + clean hair 🙂 The guerlain lingerie de peau (is quite easy to use + not a long process - it literally takes me 10 minutes to finish my face. It’s an amazing liquid foundation- not too heavy, and it gives a perfect medium/full Coverage. I always apply the foundation in areas where i need it, then take a sponge, and blend. Been using guerlain for over ten years, and it has not let me down! Good luck! Xo

DIOR - Dior Airflash Spray Foundation

GUERLAIN - Lingerie De Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20

Re: RE: Help with foundation, please

Thanks for the recommendations @petiteprincesse !

RE: Re: RE: Help with foundation, please

My pleasure 🙂

@l8totheparty oh there are so many great liquid foundations that I love, have you ever tried any of the tarte foundations? the clay stick is amazing, I'll go in with a good amount of Huda beauty baking powder and then after blush, highlight and bronzer I'll use hourglass powder all over the face to finish it,, then spray some morphe continuous mist or Lilah b aglow mist

I have not yet!  The lady at Sephora gave me a little sample of a tarte to try, so I will try it today- I've got a full day planned today, so I will see how it holds up.  

Your face always looks so luminous and even in the pictures,  @lmaster ! 😊

You are so sweet @l8totheparty have 3 different tarte foundations and honestly love them all TARTE - Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15TARTE - Clay Stick Foundation

And the tarte hydrating shape tape foundation, the original one they first came out with, but I personally get a more flawless result in the pore area if I bake that area, you don't have to leave it on for a long time, but it's the trick for me

My two favorites are surprisingly for me, both from Channel. I don't care for most their products because I'm not fond of fragrance and most of their products are strong smelling, but their foundations are gorgeous. It is the Vitalumière Aqua which is a bit thinner consistency and Vitalumière which has a thicker but still quite creamy consistency. They're incredibly natural looking and do a good job of not settling into fine lines. I always choose one of them if I'm wanting to look good in person. I also like Makeup Forever's HD foundation. It photographs nicely. It's my second pick for sure just because Its a bit harder to work with and isn't as flawless looking irl. I hope that helps! Happy hunting💚🌺🦋

Thanks for your suggestions, @creamcrow !

Any help would be appreciated. 

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • RawBeautyKristi at her funniest :)
testing