Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

HELP- How to stop eyeliner from smudging without using waterproof?

My eyeliner smudges only on one eyelid because of where the crease is located. I don’t want to use waterproof eyeliner because I need to be able to fix my mess ups since I’m not very skilled. Any tips to prevent smudging? I use the hydrogrip setting spray and it doesn’t help.

Re: HELP- How to stop eyeliner from smudging without using waterproof?

@meatform  This sometimes happens to me, too. To prevent it, I sometimes start with an eyeshadow primer (usually Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Eyeshadow Primer 0.41 oz/ 11 g , but any primer that normally holds your eyeshadow in place should work) and apply liner over it. 

Whether or not I use a primer, I set the liner with a translucent setting powder. My favorite setting powder is the loose version of By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder: I need just a tiny amount to lock anything in place. If you want to try this powder, I recommend looking for the travel size—not just to save money, but also because that mini jar might last you a looong time if you use as little of this powder as I do each time. If you already have a favorite translucent powder, try it on your eyeliner. Setting sprays have never held my eyeliner or eyeshadow in place. 

Re: HELP- How to stop eyeliner from smudging without using waterproof?

@meatform I have the same issue with one of my eyes as well. Do you use an eyelid primer first? That will definitely help. There are a few different liner techniques for each eye shape as well, so take a look at some tutorials to get a better idea of placement. For me personally, I stick to a thin line just at my lash line, then wing it out in the corners. My eyes are also prone to watering, so I’m pretty particular about the products I use. My favorites, which also don’t have any smudging issues, are from Clinique. I use CLINIQUE High Impact™ Easy Liquid Eyeliner Black and CLINIQUE Quickliner™ For Eyes Eyeliner and pretty much nothing else! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing