Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Good Primer for "Blurred" Effect WITHOUT MATTIFYING??

Hey, hope this is even close to the appropriate board to post this question to-- there were a few options I honestly felt it could fit in, but decided this might be most helpful because I'm looking for a mostly natural look, in the end.

I am mostly a fan of natural-looking makeup, when I do wear any, and since I've finished my  isotretinoin ["accutane"] regimine, I'm excited to be able to look into, well... the majority of the primers out there....

....but there's just so many of them!!

I'm hoping to find one that accentuates my radiant skin-- which earnestly take great care to maintain-- rather than obscuring the glow I've finally achieved with a mattified effect?  I also recently discovered 'blurring' effect products, like Stellar's Cosmic Haze powder, which looks ethereal and incredible, but it seems hard to find the latter without also including the former :<

I hate to ask such a basic question, but in the ocean of basic primers with the standard ★★★★☆ rating out there, I need help fishing for one that actually might actually work for me without having to drop $30+ too many times!!
Does anyone have good primer recommendations, hopefully, one that is any of the following:

• does not feel heavy on the skin!! This is a MUST!
  • gives a 'blurred' effect but
  • is NOT mattifying
  • clear/neutral tone (skintone is extremely fair, too light for lightest shade of most foundations, so anything tinted WILL be too dark :< )

For reference, I'm 23 years old but look about 14 tbh, and I have neutral undertones like so

bestselfie.jpg                         (did I mention I take literally awful selfies? sorry LOL)

Primers I've tried [currently sold @ Sephora] -- Hourglass Veil Mineral, Kat Von D Lock It, Son&Park Beauty Filter, Givency Acti'Mine Color Correcting (Green), ...and everything else is discontinued by now, omg. 

TYSM to anyone who is willing to help/chat with me!!

[and sorry if I'm not 'doing it right' on here, I don't frequent these forums, but I also don't know of any better place to ask! thanks!!]

Re: Good Primer for "Blurred" Effect WITHOUT MATTIFYING??

Hi @keitocake,

If you're looking to splurge, the YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer is worth every penny! A little product goes a long way, so this primer will last you a long time. This primer makes my skin feel so smooth! It blurs imperfections and pores are minimized. You do get the "Blurred" effect with this primer and it's not mattifying. You can find it here > https://www.sephora.com/product/touche-eclat-blur-primer-P397615?skuId=1713114&icid2=products%20grid....

Another great primer is the Touch In Sol No Poreblem Primer! This primer blurs pores and it's not mattifying as well. Also, this primer leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and it's under $20. I personally love how light weight this primer feels on the skin! you can find it here > https://www.sephora.com/product/no-poreblem-primer-P419640?skuId=1956002&icid2=products%20grid:p4196....

PS: Beautiful photo of yourself!! 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • bestselfie.jpg
testing