Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

Foundation tips

Can someone give me any products, tips, advice, on how to avoid cakey foundation? No matter what primer, foundation, moisturizer, etc, I use my foundation is always cakey. I have oily/acne prone skin and it’s also a little textured. Would really appreciate the help❤️❤️

Re: Foundation tips

@hailey1706 It may be a skincare issue instead. What exact products are you using?

Not sure if this will help but I moisturize before putting on makeup and let it set.  Then I like to use Urban Decay primer on my face and I apply a liquid foundation applied with a moist Beauty blender.  Then I use liquid concealer and blend with the blender.  I set with a mist or setting powder.  Not a fan of powder or compact foundations...

@hailey1706 Are you using the right foundation for your skin type? Example, If you have dry skin and are using a mattifying long wear foundation, the result will always be cakey. 

I’ve used matte foundations like fenty, tarte Amazonian clay, and the fit me matte foundation, because I have oily skin. I’ve also used the wetnwild foundation. Matte foundations never stay matte on my face, even with a mattifying primer. I’m kinda new to makeup so don’t really know much yet

@hailey1706 It depends on the foundation you are using and also how much your applying and with what tool.  If you have acne and texture I would get a primer to help with texture.  For the acne I would spot conceal them.  Sometimes we apply too much foundation and powder and the makeup can look cakey or if it is not blended into the skin well.  I feel sponges are better than brushes at applying foundation because it's easier to blend.

Do you recommend any good primers? Preferably one that maybe blurs or makes your skin look smoother? I’m new to makeup and not really sure what’s best

Thank you, will definitely be giving a try❣️❣️

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors