Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Foundation issues

Spoiler

Help!!!

I’ve been having a lot of issues with my foundation. For the foundation, it seems like every kind of foundation I use, it never fully sets in my skin, which makes my skin look patchy and a little streaky. My pores in my checks are definitely noticeable as well. 
I’ve tried different primers, no primers, used super moisturizing cream as a primer and nothing seems to work. I’ve tried multiple different foundations as well and the same results.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make your foundation look like skin and not patchy everywhere? 

Re: Foundation issues

@hsterm I wouldn’t necessarily recommend using a super heavy moisturizer before foundation. You want your skincare to be fully absorbed by the time you put on primer and then foundation. How you skin prep can vary depending on your skin type and your climate. Also, what foundation are you using and how are you applying it? It is possible that your foundation and your skincare aren’t meshing because one is silicone-based and the other is water-based. Look at the ingredients in both and compare. When applying foundation, I personally prefer a medium-density brush but a sponge works as well, as long as you squeeze out all the excess water. Use short swipes when using the brush and bouncing when using the sponge. Hope this helps

Re: Foundation issues

Thank you! I usually apply my foundation with my fingers then blend it out with a beauty blender. 

I never thought of looking at my morning facial products to see if they are silicone base or not. I guess I should probably check!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing