Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Foundation concern

I have been having this problem for awhile...every time I do my makeup it falls off very easy like it is not sticking. It comes off when I wipe my nose with my finger and does not blend and looks patchy in my dry areas. I am currently using the Nars Tinted Moisturizer with the Too Faced Born This Way Concealer. I have tried using a water based moisturizer and primer as I think both of these products are water based. I am using the Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream along with the FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Primer Moisturizer. On top I use the Tarte Ready, Set, Radiant Skin Mist. If anyone could let me know why this is happening that would be so helpful. Also, any recommendations about foundation for combination skin would also be great.

Thanks ❤️

Re: Foundation concern

I have combination skin and this is my routine. I start with a moisturizer. Then I apply a matte foundation. Then a setting powder. I use the powder everywhere. But I use extra in areas I know I get oily, and use a light hand in areas that get dry. Then I go over it all with a face mist, focusing on the areas that get dry. Everyone is different of course, but applying these products in this order works really well for me. My foundation doesn't even come off till I want it to. It sounds like you might want to try a new foundation altogether. So I'm linking my two favorite matte foundations and some of my other favorite products. 

bareMinerals BarePRO™ Performance Wear Liquid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Warm Natural 12 Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation 470 Suede C Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Cream Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent bareMinerals bareMinerals Mineral Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 25 Mineral Veil KORA Organics Balancing Rose Mist 3.38 oz/ 100 mL 

@AriannaaT @Are you setting your face with powder and a setting spray not a face mist?

@SportyGirly125 When I bought the mist, the worker told me it was a good setting spray so I use it as a setting spray lol. I do not use powder as it usually makes me look dry

@AriannaaT That mist is more of a skincare product than a setting spray. I'm surprised the Sephora employee suggested that TBH. 

@quspork oh, thank you so much for letting me know that! What setting spray would you recommend for combination skin?

@AriannaaT I've had good luck with Urban Decay's All Nighter spray. 

@AriannaaT @I use Morphe setting spray 

@SportyGirly125 Thank you so much! I will definitely try that out. I was also looking into buying a new foundation, do you have any recommendations for combo skin? Preferably a foundation with a skin like/natural finish that is medium and/or full coverage? I am open to anything

@AriannaaT #La Mer The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation SPF 20

@SportyGirly125 that sounds like a nice foundation, but do you have anything at a more cheaper price such as anything under $60?

@AriannaaT @Not anything that I have tried and liked. 

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing