Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

Foundation and concealers

I feel that some brands are a little behind in skin toners, foundations , concealers , powders,etc. but I also believe that they should make a system to make it easier to find your perfect shade, I have light skin but a very defined shade it is been very hard to find for years, but again not complaining here just recommending

-skyler 

Re: Foundation and concealers

@Skyler0611 When I know that people are having trouble shade-matching I always highly recommend using the Findation site.  It's a foundation and concealer database that helps match shades in products that you want to try by utilizing the shades in products that you already use.  You simply input the info and it generates the closest possible match for you and I've found it to be remarkably accurate.

Re: Foundation and concealers

I agree @Skyler0611! I wish there was an easier way. Sephora does have a colour IQ service that can help you narrow down your shade online. They use a camera and a app to detect base colour and undertones. Colour matching from a digital image is really difficult though. There are so many factors like screen brightness, ambient lighting, filters, white balance, etc… that can impact how our eyes perceive colours from a screen. It might match well on-screen but be completely off in real life. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing