cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|
Anonymous Insider

Foundation Shade Range

Hello fellow beauty lovers! I wanted to reach out and see what everyone thought about foundation shade ranges. What brands have the best range of shades for every skin color? Are they affordable? Please let me know your thoughts and your favorite foundations!!

Tags:

Re: Foundation Shade Range

Hello @Anonymous! Great question! I'm brown-skinned (around MAC NW43 for reference) and midrange to higher end brands tend to have better shade ranges. Milani, MAC, Lancôme, Estee Lauder, Clinique, and NARS are my favorite foundation brands. It's funny though, Estée Lauder has a great range for the Double Wear foundation but their other foundations only match up to tan skin. Same with Lancôme and Dior. Certain product lines have great variety, but not all of them. And the deeper shades are usually very red-toned too. The most affordable foundations that I use regularly are Milani and MAC. Do you have trouble finding a good shade match? 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Foundation Shade Range

Thanks for your reply @JayJayyy! I actually don't have much of a problem finding a match, but a lot of my friends with deeper skin tones have trouble finding matches. I find a lot of brands just don't have a wide enough shade range for everyone, and I don't think it's fair. When brands do have more variety of shades, they're usually more expensive. I'm curious to hear what other people think about the issue!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing