Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Foundation HELP!!!!!

Every time I put foundation on, no matter what foundation it is and what primer I use... I always get really patchy and weird looking spots of foundation and no foundation around my nose and in between and under my eyebrows??? I'm not sure how to fix this.. If I try to fix it, it still does the same way and just gets thicker...

Re: Foundation HELP!!!!!

This could also happen if your skincare, primer and foundation are different bases (i.e. silicone vs. water based) and your foundation is not properly adhering to your face. Also, it doesn't sound like it but less is more when that happens so using less foundation and blending it out with a beautyblender versus brush can help as well. 

Also a good skincare regimen with exfoliating and moisturizing can work wonders too! 

RE: Foundation HELP!!!!!

I agree with kim888. That used to happen to me with certain foundations I use. If you apply concealer first to those trouble spots - especially the nose - it should do the trick. Also try stippling your brush instead of rubbing it in circular motions with the product as it penetrates your skin better and makes it look more even. Hope this helps!

another trick i've seen people do is apply a layer of concealer first over spots where foundation is more likely to rub off. 

I recommend using moisturizer. I used to have that problem until I used a moisturizer instead of primer. Some people put moisturizer on instead of primer, while others use primer and moisturizer. You could try either way. My favorite primer is Énergie de Vie The Smoothing & Plumping Water-Infused Cream by Lancome. It is a bit pricey, but the product should last a long time. Hoped this helped!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing