cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Feedback Wanted: New Too Faced Mascara!

Too Faced Damn Girl.png

Sephora’s Beauty Insider Community and Too Faced have partnered to give select Community members an exciting early access to Too Faced’s brand new mascara, Damn Girl.

This is a Sephora exclusive, high-intensity mascara that delivers a 24 hour smudge- and flake- resistant curl, maximum lift, and extreme volume without a heavy feel. It contains whipped melting waxes that create one weightless super-layer, lash suspension polymer which lifts and locks-in curl, and hydrophilic black which creates shamelessly-rich, black lashes.

This products is also vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free, and free of parabens and phthalates.

We want to hear your thoughts on this new lash product. Please share your first impressions and looks on this thread. We look forward to your feedback!

Re: Feedback Wanted: New Too Faced Mascara!

@SurprisedLemur You have gorgeous lashes - it looks great on you (I'm sure every mascara does really 🙂 )

It looks fabulous on you, @SurprisedLemur!

@SurprisedLemur this mascara looks great on you. 

@SurprisedLemur  That looks so beautiful on you! 😊

@SurprisedLemur This mascara gives u great results! Thanks for sharing! 

Best,
Rebecca

Your lashes look great! Definitely more volume and length, but yet, they still look natural. <333

Update : even though it is not waterproof, it survived an emotional outburst. Little embarrassing ... but I got emotional today and couldn’t hold my tears, was sure I was going to get raccoon eyes (was out in public) but to my surprise, I did not get raccoon eyes or dark under eyes, it did not run. 

Edit : I did carefully wiped/dabbed tears with a cotton cloth and it was wailing or anything but rolling tears. 

DG Mascara Update - It did not survive ultimate frisbee.

only one eye because my instinct was to try to fix it and then I realized I should take a pictureonly one eye because my instinct was to try to fix it and then I realized I should take a picture

Two hours running around. I was wearing sunglasses and would notice my lashes would rub on the inside of the lens. I tried not to touch my lashes, eyes, face and this is the result. Yep, not acceptable. So I guess depending on exercise level it can maybe handle it. In other tries, it has been better than many mascaras but this time just didn't cut the mustard.

In general, DG provides more volume and good length compared to other mascaras I've tried. I do get an occasional flake or two under the eyes. This usually happens in the morning and then I'm fine for the rest of the day. Applying it, the mascara doesn't clump on me but it also doesn't help with separation. So depending on the look you are going for, this might be a pro or con. I've really enjoyed trying it and will be continuing to wear it..probably just on days I don't have ultimate frisbee. I need to retry a couple minis I have open to see if they survive it or if the activity is just overwhelming for any non-waterproof mascara.

Thank you @SephoraBIC  @toofaced  for this gift!

When I first received it, I was on vacation so it wasn't the best time to try it. I couldn't wait to get back because I am a fan of the TF BTS mascara. The packaging is pretty and the bag is super cute. At first the wand scared me and I thought this is not going to work for me especially on my lower lashes. My lashes are long but not too thick so I prefer a mascara that adds volume. The outer lashes on my right eye tend to lean to the left when I have no mascara on, so many formulas just don't work for me. Well this mascara added amazing volume (I did have to curl my lashes a bit) to my upper lashes and I had no issues with applying it to my lower lashes. Honestly I was pleasantly surprised how good my lashes looked. This mascara has found a permanent home in my makeup collection!!

RE: Feedback Wanted: New Too Faced Mascara!

At first I had some technical difficulties applying it and would put some on my lids and underlids. So I thought I would not like this mascara. But I gave it its chance and kept using it ever morning. It’s been an eleven day trial. This mascara is just as good as better than sex. I think it might gives less length but more volume. Since I already have long full lashes, I usually prefer volumizing mascaras anyway. So I’m pretty pleased with it and will buy either this one or Better Than Sex in the future, both are great! I received it as a gift for free but it is my honest opinion! I’m a fan of Too Faced, they make amazing stuff!

Re: RE: Feedback Wanted: New Too Faced Mascara!

Your eyelashes are touching your brow bone. Wow, what a difference! <333

@CateRichie WOW! Great results! 

Best,
Rebecca

It looks great on you @CateRichie!

Thank you so much! 😊

I was fortunate enough to receive this for testing. Thank you so much for the gratis !!  @SephoraBIC @TeamBIC @toofaced  

now have had time to wear it for 3-4 days this week.  Here are my thoughts so far -

Review of Too Faced Damn Girl Mascara :

Consistency - Thick. Pic below in comparison with two others (TF Damn Girl, UD Perversion, TF BTS). I was worried that it's gonna clump and flake but it surprised me. 

This seems thicker than Perversion as well as Dior. When I bring the brush out, I definitely have to wipe out excess product carefully. UD Pervesion is thinnest in comparison. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
4D161137-D908-44AD-B299-99C71A35AB38.jpeg97E2F882-9D3D-4B64-8462-3764F4C3D73A.jpeg

84128C2D-DB8D-4262-AA00-629EE9F0465C.jpeg

Ease of Application - It was easy to use. Thick consistency did not pose any troubles

Effect - It definitely lengthened my lashes and thickened them but did not curl them (I did not use curler, prior to application, on purpose) so use curler if you want that effect. 

Pic in spoiler below. Absolutely no make-up or eye product on, just Sunscreen & Mascara

Spoiler
Here
40010B8E-4542-43F5-9FD9-CDB08E51C531.jpeg8562ABD9-AB64-408C-AAE6-C82055545954.jpeg

55ED5B79-CAB0-4976-A094-43EB2AB8D7BC.jpeg

Wearability - I wore it all day (approx 8-10 hours). Took a long nap. Forgot that I am wearing mascara and rubbed one eye very hard. To my suprise, it did not flake at all, though it smudged in the eye I rubbed (underneath as well as top of upper lash). Mascara on the other eye was intact even after the nap.

Cleansing - I was able to clean it with Micellar water (I used Boiderma) and cotton. I didn’t have to rub too hard either. I liked that because I wasn’t wearing any other make-up and just sunscreen and this mascara so did not want to bring out oil or balm cleanser.

I don’t think this is waterproof but I have not yet tested if this is runny at the sight of water.

What I did not like -  Too goopy near the end of the brush so wiping it down in the tube was bit difficult and even after wiping down, I could not use the end of the brush to apply on my lashes (other brush ends .. I use that area for narrow sides like near tear duct for towards the end of the eyes)

- I liked the length and volume it gave my lashes. . It did not clump my lashes either despite the thicker consistency.  I have had other mascara that I find black specs underneath my eye during the day and that finally makes the area darker and give a racoon eye effect. This one did not at all.

Hi @naturalooks15 ,

Thank you for sharing your first impressions, and for posting a comparison photo! I haven't had a chance to try this out yet but I definitely have it on my radar. 

Best,

Laurie 🙂

It sounds fantastic and looks great on you @naturalooks15!

Thanks @faeriegirl  This does seem like a good mascara for days I don't need waterproof mascara.  I am seeing other people got thicker lashes but mine look more natural maybe because I went light handed.  Will try few more days and post an update. 

Hi!  Just saw this.  I wanted to love it, and I did enjoy the way it went on, but, alas, like DiorShow, it made my eye condition flare up.  By the end of the day, my eyes were stinging, and I had discharge; this is the same thing that happens with DiorShow.  These are the only two mascaras I have tried that provoke this reaction. 

@SephoraBIC  and @toofaced do love me!!!! I just received this lovely 💕💕 Gratis in the Mail 😍😍😍 I tried out the mini last week, curious to see if I feel differently using the full size brush. Thank you Sephora!!!! 

I have thin baby lashes, so the thickness of this wand didn't work super awesome for me. I also found the formula a little "gloopy" and wet, which made it clump slightly and feel super heavy on my lashes. Totally grateful for the chance to try it, I can see myself using it for a super dramatic eye look, but I think my everyday makeup as a high school teacher warrants something a little more low-key, haha. 

testing