cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Feedback Wanted: New Too Faced Mascara!

Too Faced Damn Girl.png

Sephora’s Beauty Insider Community and Too Faced have partnered to give select Community members an exciting early access to Too Faced’s brand new mascara, Damn Girl.

This is a Sephora exclusive, high-intensity mascara that delivers a 24 hour smudge- and flake- resistant curl, maximum lift, and extreme volume without a heavy feel. It contains whipped melting waxes that create one weightless super-layer, lash suspension polymer which lifts and locks-in curl, and hydrophilic black which creates shamelessly-rich, black lashes.

This products is also vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free, and free of parabens and phthalates.

We want to hear your thoughts on this new lash product. Please share your first impressions and looks on this thread. We look forward to your feedback!

Re: Feedback Wanted: New Too Faced Mascara!

Finally got a chance to take photos! I’m a bit intimidated by the claims (“FULL ON VOLUME”) and the *thicc* wand because of my sparse, small baby lashes. 

1097E7D1-24E8-4035-BE41-FC1E79454053.jpeg

RE: Feedback Wanted: New Too Faced Mascara!

I too got the TooFaced DG mascara to try and leave feedback on. I’ve had it for over a week now and honestly it’s hands down been the best mascara I’ve ever had. I’ve also had a lot of fun reading everyone else’s experience’s with it. So to start, a little background on me. I am a CNC machinist from NH. I work in what most people would considerpretty gritty and dirty conditions however I still enjoy putting on some makeup to feel like a girl in a profession full of men. Now on to the good stuff! I received this on a Saturday after my overtime shift andwas soooo excited to try it. The infinity brush at first looked huge and I wasn’t so sure about it. It is actually great. You will get the hang of it. I loved of black the formula was. My eyelashes are light naturally. It went on really easily with no clumps. It separated and lifted my eyelashes. It made a huge difference! It also got all my little tiny bottom lashes without making a huge mess. It was awesome. I wore it for about 12 hours and took it off super easily with my makeup wipes before going to bed. However it didn’t once bother my eyes and I wear contacts. No flakes all day that day! It was great. I was sold onday one! But it got better! I wore it the next day with the same results but I honed my skills with the large brush and loved it even more. However I chose to take it to task on its claims of 24 hour wear and slept in it. I would NEVER do this normally as I have woken up with itchy black eyes. However, DG delivered as promised. I added another coat and off to work I went Monday morning. No mess and no fuss. So needless to say. I’m impressed. So far. As I said I work in a yucky environment and it gets hot and humid in the summer so that will be the test. So far it’s been only 75-80 in there so we haven’t had any real “heatwaves,” at work yet. But I’m a huge fan so far! I will bepurchasing one as soon as this one runs out but I’m going to send one to my mother as soon as I can order it! Great product! Edited to add the the third picture from today after 12 hours of work and all looking pretty good! Today is June 4th so the release date is coming soon!

Re: RE: Feedback Wanted: New Too Faced Mascara!

@AJLClough your lashes look great - thanks for the detailed review ❤️

Re: RE: Feedback Wanted: New Too Faced Mascara!

@AJLClough  Beautiful pictures!! Awesome review. So glad your loving it. I love that you slept in it!!! 

sorry to be annoying but yet another update LOL: i wore the DG mascara to a 105F power vinyasa hot yoga class yesterday. I believe i had on three coats, no lash primer. despite sweating down through my ponytail (sorry, gross, i know), THERE WAS NO SMUDGING??? i was concerned going in, as i normally don't wear any makeup to classes that go up to that temperature, but sometimes you just gotta test something for the BIC hahahah. i did it once (cant remember what i was wearing) and during the class it started moving around, got into my eye and was burning my eyes and making them SO irritated. i had no problems with DG! which is shocking. i honestly would not wear this on purpose to a class for obvious reasons, but it's good to know if im coming from work that I can take off the majority of my makeup with a wipe or remover, and won't have to worry about whether or not i got all the mascara off.

@cianni Really? No mascara withstands me and spin class, going to test this!!

@cianni  That’s so awesome! I don’t know how many times I’ve done a hot yoga class and forgot to take my makeup off and looked like a raccoon when I got out. Or have had black streaks down my face. 

@cianni I appreciate this update but would enjoy a picture even more so my sweaty face isn't in the thread preview anymore! 🤣

@ShortErica LMAO i would have taken a photo but truly my lashes were the only thing that came out of that class presentable hahaha. i have a few backlogged photos for the masking thread ill be posting tonight (hopefully - my posting and notifications have been so off lately, i normally use the mobile site and its been so glitchy)... those photos are definitely on the less than cute side hahah

I bet you still look good @cianni. Can't wait for your mask reviews! 🙂

I just wanted to update my experience with this product now that I've spent more time using it.  Unfortunately, it does smudge when I actually sweat.  This last week, I felt like every time I went to the bathroom at work, I was trying to clean black smudges off of my browbone.  So far the only mascara that doesn't smudge on me is the Hourglass Caution™ Extreme Lash Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 9.4 gAlso as I used the product the brush became more and more clumped with the product so it became messier to use over time.  I really wanted to love this product because of the dramatic volume that it gives my lashes and the very black color, but it is a miss for me.  

@SephoraBIC I was very fortunate to have received the  Too Faced Damn Girl! 24-Hour Mascara 0.43 oz/ 12.7 mL

as gratis.  It arrived earlier than I thought, so I was super excited to see it delivered.  The pink "puff-elope" was too pretty that I almost didn't want to open it.  But if course I did!  The case was gorgeous - just my style.  I love the metallic pink and the facets.  The packaging was also stunning for the product itself - especially the angles of the mascara tube.

It's with a heavy heart, though, that I report that I think I may have received a tube that wasn't at its best.  When I first opened the mascara, I found the formula to be very gloppy and thick.  I thought that maybe it was the hot weather, even though it only sat on my doorstep for a few minutes.  I gave the mascara time to get adjusted, and tried it days later.  Unfortunately, the mascara was still overly thick.  It didn't spread well, and the big brush was cumbersome.  

I've read so many lovely reviews, so I have hope for this mascara.  I do like Too Faced products, so I certainly won't hold this against them.  Once in a great while you just receive something that it a little off.

Congratulations to all who received this.  It makes me happy just to have been  provided this opportunity - especially since this is before the release date.  Thanks, Sephora and thanks Too Faced!

Image result for diamond gif

@greeneyedgirl107 oh noooo i'm sorry that it didnt work for you! it does sound like you maybe got one that was off? mine definitely is a thicker formula compared to the MILK kush, but i wouldnt describe it as gloppy or overly thick. the brush IS a little cumbersome though haha, it did take me a few tries to "get my angles" when using it

I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you @greeneyedgirl107 ☹️

So I put this through a workout test - ultimate frisbee in Florida weather. I honestly thought this stood no chance after the squirt gun incident. Thought it definitely had some problems, it wasn't horrible.

in the car..black under my eyes but not horriblein the car..black under my eyes but not horriblehome, better lighting?home, better lighting?eye close upeye close up

@ShortErica  wow your a super mom!! Playing ultimate frisbee!!! Looks like it held out good!

Thanks @ather. I was/am a runner but it is way more fun to run after something so frisbee it is. 🙂

@ShortErica  That is so awesome. You are such an awesome role model!! 

You're too sweet @ather 

@ShortErica Your lashes look great! I'd say it definitely passed the test on you. 

@tastelikewater I was wearing sunglasses but it was still so hard trying to rub around my eyes. I wanted to give it all the benefits of no touching. Maybe next time I'll see how it does if I would touch my face to wipe off sweat.

testing