Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Favorite type of YouTube makeup/beauty videos?

Ok, this q is purely out of curiosity - what is everyones favorite type of YouTube makeup or beauty-related video? Empties, project pans, tutorials, hauls, reviews, collection vids, etc.?

I luurve decluttering videos because I get to see the collections plus get mini reviews about why the product worked/didn't work. I also love hauls and am so ready to watch all the VIB sale hauls. (It seems like a lot of the beauty YouTubers I watch are now doing PR hauls regularly, which was cool at first, but now I'm kind of worn out over all the gushing about how thankful they are - still a way better reaction though than being jaded over the PR swag.)

Re: Favorite type of YouTube makeup/beauty videos?

My faves are Tati videos where she tries a bunch of products from a given line or collection,  I love Lisa Eldgridge's makeup videos where she goes for a certain look and finally the half face done right/half face done wrong videos.  

I love anti-hauls and declutters. They help me save money and remind me I don’t always need every release. 

I also love reviews but only from some youtubers. I feel like most are biased, too detailed (I don’t always need to know gram/$ for every eyeshadow palette) or I can’t relate to their personality. 

Yes! It's sometimes hard to find someone you relate to re: reviews. Also, skin type! When I find someone with my skin type/same skin concerns plus I like and can relate to their personality, I subscribe immediately.

Hauls used to be my all time favorite videos. I still like them but find a lot of Youtubers include all their PR boxes they get sent into Haul videos. I want to see what people actually decided to spend money on!

Now I have gotten into more vlog-style videos. I still enjoy Monthly favorites videos also 🙂

RE: Favorite type of YouTube makeup/beauty videos?

i love reviews, hauls and tutorials. laura lee is amazing and all her videos. an idea is if you have a palette search up your palette tutorial. for example “sweet peach palette tutorial” and you can choose the one that’s most appealing to you.

I love reviews, but you need to pick your beauty person right. You can tell who’s biased or not (even if they say that they aren’t), so you should be careful of the person you choose to really follow.

Re: RE: Favorite type of YouTube makeup/beauty videos?

That's so true!

Review videos are some of my fav, especially before purchasing a product. I take them with a grain of salt but I like to see what they liked or didn’t like so I can get a better feel for if it will work for me. I love haul videos because they’re exciting and I like to see what products people go for.

I love reviews!  I know that it's just one person's opinion, but I like to see why exactly they like or dislike a product and how they apply it.  After that, I like tutorials because I can always use some advice 🙂

Honestly it just depends on my mood. I love tutorials and get ready with me. I tend to watch videos when im doing my makeup so the more entertaining the better. I am not a fan of long PR hauls or old ones. I like getting the inside scoop early.

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing