From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club

Face moisturizer, then primer, then foundation - anyone else find this to be tricky to find the right combo?

Please let me know if this should be posted in a different group. I am 48 with combo to dry skin. That is temperamental and changes daily. And it's winter right now. So skipping the skin moisturizer step isn't an option in my morning routine. I noticed that it's like some weird chemistry class when trying to figure out what moisturizer will not mess with what primer. And then what foundation to use. (I keep at least a few options of all three available.) Are there certain ingredients to look for to know if my moisturizer is going to mess with both my primer and foundation? And sometimes it doesn't become obvious until later in the day, until after the makeup has settled, that a bad combo had been used.

Re: Face moisturizer, then primer, then foundation - anyone else find this to be tricky to find the right combo?

Hello @astrogirlbunny, it does get a bit confusing doesn't it? 

As a general rule, water based primers go best with water based foundations. If you are using a water based primer and mixing it with a silicone based foundation (or vice versa) thats when seperation can occur. 

RE: Re: Face moisturizer, then primer, then foundation - anyone else find this to be tricky to find the right combo?

Wow! I didn't know all of that! Thank you!
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing