cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@haleyvvvv , Impressive collection of empties! 

I love the REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and actually use it as an overnight sleeping mask (a thin layer is more than enough). I have sensitive, easily itritable, dry skin, and this product has been a go-to product when my skin can't handle anything else.

I just finished the same deluxe sample of the Tarte Mermaid Skin Serum and I too found it to be underperforming as a hydrating hyaluronic acid serum. I've experienced more visible hydrating and plumping results from comparable products from other brands, at a fraction of the price of the Tarte serum.

@MlleCC I know a lot of people love this mask. I do think it definitely calms (I've used it after exfoliating products), but I just can't get over the texture (like clay that sinks in?). I think I have another deluxe sample and maybe I'll try it as an overnight mask?

I'm so glad I got the Tarte as a DS, otherwise...its just not good and it should be for the price.

That's interesting you say that about the FAB ultra repair cream @haleyvvvv - I just opened mine this morning and was really surprised at the texture. I thought it would be a thicker cream. Sorry it was a bummer but you have a LOT of empties!

I don't have all of the words to describe it, @ShortErica. Like whipped, but also with a filmy look. And not thick, but not absorbent (on me at least). Hope it works for you!

You're right @haleyvvvv, as I was squeezing it out of the sample I wanted to say whipped but that is accurate. My skin seemed hydrated enough from it but I still can get a couple more uses so we'll see how it goes.

@haleyvvvv I used to really like the origins mushroom toner,,, until I realized that the essential oils were so high on the ingredients list,,, no wonder I was getting so many clogged pores!!

Oh no @lmaster!! I'm sorry it didn't work out for you either! For me, it was the smell (maybe some of those oils?), combined with the lack of reducing redness.

I would use it for it's calming claims, like after a peel or exfoliating @haleyvvvv the scent was not my preference either

I hope you found another product that calmed your skin, @lmaster, without the oils!

January 2020 Empties

Empties-2020.01.PNG

Trophy - one of my faves, Thumbs Up - good and will repurchase, Thumbs Croaked - good but probably not a repurchase, Thumb Sideways - fine product but nothing special, Tear Face - disappointing, TGID! - thank goodness I finished this product - it lasted forever!

More details:

Spoiler
Verbana and Lavender bar soap
Spoiler
Cranberry hand lotion
Spoiler
DEVACURL - One Condition® Original Daily Cream Conditioner
Spoiler
Ouidad Featherlight Styling Cream
Spoiler
First Aid Beauty Triple Protection Skin Tint
Spoiler
The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL
Spoiler
fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment .15 oz / 4.3 g
Spoiler
Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel 4
Spoiler
Ulta brow gel
Spoiler
Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL
Spoiler
Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL
Spoiler
Vichy Mineral 89
Spoiler
CeraVe PM
Spoiler

@ShortEricalots of good empties! I love that protini moisturizer but it is stupid expensive

Sometimes I wonder how it would be to not have to budget and buy whatever @Brutalitops. And in the scheme of it all, I'm sure there are moisturizers that make protini look cheap. 

@ShortEricathere are, but at some point you stop paying for premium ingredients and start paying for premium packaging and premium marketing campaigns 🤷‍♀️ Doesn't make their products less nice, but at some point you get a diminishing rate of return. Or at least that's my opinion

Very true @Brutalitops. There is something to be said about nice packaging but it's more important to have a quality product. Well, at least for me. I agree that the really expensive ones you are mostly paying for a name and their marketing.

@ShortEricaYeah the nice packaging gets me more often than I'd like to admit 🙃 But at the end of the day that all ends up in the bin and it's an important thing to remind myself every time I think I want to try something new

@ShortErica have you been seeing the Deva curl drama?? I told you before, I wasn't too impressed with the no poo line,,, I have two bottles that are about 3/4 gone, that's taken me a year to get that far,,,I just don't like the way they make my hair feel,,, Ive also noticed major shedding when using those products as well. Their styling products im on the fence about now,, I've never had any issues with any styling products, so I will probably continue to use certain ones

I feel like the DevaCurl cheerleader @lmaster @ShortErica. No matter what shampoo/conditioner I use I shed enough hair that probably could put on a small child every time I shampoo my hair. I try to use minimal heat on my hair. I am 7/8 through my liter sized bottle. I only wash my hair once a week. My scalp is normal/dry.

Yeah I'm definitely not a Deva curl cheerleader @Loretta55 😆 I couldn't stand the no poo or conditioner from the get go! It was torture trying to use those products, I just did not like the way my hair felt, and that was at least a year ago... When I use olaplex, my shedding is dramatically less, but I do rotate other products as well. I do like some of the Deva curl styling products,,, but I'll probably finish those and move on, unfortunately

Yeah, with the shedding thing, I think mine is normal @Loretta55 @lmaster. And I always air dry too. My concern was people having burns on their scalp. I think that's what I read.

Terrible breakage @ShortErica and losing hair from too much moisture and scalp acne,,, I can't say that I experienced the scalp issues, but point blank, I didn't like the way my hair felt when using the cleaners and conditioner, this just gives me reason to stop torturing myself into finishing them 🤣

Sorry to hear about your experience with DevaCurl @lmaster . A few of the DevaCurl products have not produced the desired results that I was hoping for but thankfully return policies have helped with finding the products that work with my hair. 

10,744 Replies
testing