cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@CookieGirl1 Whoa amazing work! What is the Tom Ford?! 

@Samtian It was just one of those foundation sample cards--you know, the kind that you get about 0.5 uses from 🤣.

@CookieGirl1 Oh ahahaha I was really excited about seeing that. 

@CookieGirl1 so the strawberry pound cake,, is my all time favorite candle from bbw,,,,, this is one they smells extremely sweet, but burns amazingly!!!!

@lmaster I LOVE super-sweet smelling candles and you're right about the performance.  I'd say about a 7.5/8 throw which was great! 

@CookieGirl1 Great job on your empties!  I'm always in awe when I see finished tubes of lip products. And that candle sounds delicious..now I'm hungry 😆

@mishanyc I can usually go through lip products like a fiend because my lips are seemingly perpetually dry. And I guess I just love lippies in general, lol.

June, and particularly the last half of the month, was good for full size empties. I've been working on most of these products for 3 - 13 months, with a couple of them being ones I put away and bring back seasonally.

MTD = 59 (includes the empties from the first half of the month).

Loves & Likes

June 2.0 Loves + Likes.jpg

Top row are all loves and products I would or have already repurchased. 
Middle row are likes and products I will likely repurchase.
Bottom row are products I like but that I may or may not repurchase (usually because there's a similar item I like better, or I have other similar things I need to use up, or I'm moving away from using that type of product). 
Spoiler
TOP ROW: (* are what I consider HG or essential products; items I will repurchase over and over again, though with the acne dots, I'd be happy to not have to make them repeated repurchases😆)

Oh K! Intense Moisture Violet Flower Hand Mask - most hand masks are okay; this one is in my top 2 for hand masks. I've had it in my stash for a while and only got around to reaching for it after hearing @lmaster rave about it  (and for good reason!)

man:yo Factory Zaodam Sooc Mask - soothing sheet masks have been highly sought after (thanks, maskne) and this one does calm my skin nicely. I'm interested in seeing what other skincare products this line has to offer.

*Son Bahyu horse oil has helped to repair my skin from maske. Huge thanks to @heartsmyface for introducing me to it. 

*Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish SPF 50+ PA+++ - yes, it leaves a white cast initially, but it dissipates and the demi-matte finish is not drying which is great for my skin. This doubles as a primer for me.

*Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water is my pre-cleanse step to break down makeup and sunblock before I start my double cleanse.

*Peace Out Acne Dots - I only wish I didn't have to need to buy them, but since I still get breakouts, these are my go-to's.

Laneige Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer has been great for the summer-to-fall and winter-to-spring transition months. It's worth repurchasing but I plan to first work through the mini's I have of this one and also try some other products that seem similar to it.

Everyone Hand Soap Apricot + Vanilla - cleans well and is gentle on my hands; smells nice - not too heavy nor too light.

Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser makes a wonderful second cleanser in the evening and a great morning cleanser on mornings when I'm oilier than usual but still want/need something that won't strip or dry out my skin.

MIDDLE ROW:

Where the Krave Beauty cleanser is great for when my skin leans more on the oily side, the Laneige Cream Skin Milk Oil Cleanser makes a great second cleanser in the evenings or a morning cleanser when my skin is on the drier, sensitive side. 

The Sephora Collection Watermelon After - Sun Mask, both the original version and the "clean" version are great bio-cellulose sheet masks. The neck / decollete piece on the new, "clean" version is a lot wider and much thicker than the original version, making it ideal for post-sunburn relief. The price on the original version, however, now that it's in the sale section, is the better deal. 

The cool, soothing and hydrating feel and results from the Elizavecca Power Ringer Mask Pack Centella Asiatica makes it a nice one to use after a day outdoors. It leaves a slight tack that also makes it worth using before applying makeup.

I usually go for mint flavored mouthwash, but decided to give this Listerine Zero Alcohol Mouthwash Limited Edition Coconut & Lime Blend a try and it's not bad. It is one I would consider using, though it is limited edition. 

L'Herboflore Watermelon Vitalizing Hydromask is overly large in size but that's not a deal breaker here as the results are good - brightens complexion, calms redness and hydrates skin. 

BOTTOM ROW:

Leaders Daily Wonders Relax It's Zen Time! is another good mask by Leaders, though not my favorite mask from the brand. 

Up & Up Premium Cotton Ovals are no Shiseido Cotton Pads, but they do a good job of removing a large area of makeup and when you're tired at the end of the day, the super size of these ovals come in handy.

How cute is the packaging on the IT Cosmetics Lash Blow Out? While it is not in my top 5 mascaras, it does work well and if I had another one lying around, I'd happily use it in the rotation. 

Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick Hooligan is that MLBB mauvey plum shade that is right up my alley. It's one that I would repurchase but for the fact that I have a lot of similar shades as it is.

I like the combination of the Necessaire The Body Serum Fragrance Free and Necessaire The Body Lotion Fragrance Free best in the winter months. The combination of the two in the warmer seasons is a little too much for my skin, dry though it may be.

Mediheal Meience Pro Jelly Mask has a nice jelly serum and enough of it for neck, hands and arms. Skin looks brightened and more moisturized after use.

The Okay, Meh, & No Group:

June 2.0 Okays + No.jpg

Spoiler
I'd be happy to use all of the products in the top row if I had them on hand, but I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase / repurchase them. The first 6 items of the bottom row are just "meh" - fine enough just not a good fit for me - "it's not you, it's me." The last two products are no's, primarily due to the overwhelming scents on them; I can also find products that yield similar or even better results.

Mid-Year Round Up

Spoiler
My stash of products in general is feeling like it's a lot more under control and I feel like the "lessons learned" from the last couple of years have also helped it to be more manageable. My sheet mask stash is made up of only masks purchased this year. Skincare products are primarily from 2020 purchases, with a handful of HG items having been purchased slightly earlier. I've whittled down my makeup collection pretty thoroughly during the first quarter and will do another overhaul near the end of summer / beginning of fall. 

I have about a half dozen hair products that were purchased pre-2020 and I'm hoping to work through those by the end of the year. I'm going to have to kick it up a notch for the fragrances. I have a few bottles, full and deluxe size, that have a quarter or less of product left. Candles I'm not worried about; there may be a lull in terms of how quickly I burn through them in the summer months, both because of the weather and because I'll be working from home less, but for the most part, I'll burn through those (haha!) at a fairly good clip. Bath and body products seem to consist of more pre-2020 purchases than I care to admit. Hoping to work through as much as I can over the next 6 months. I've finished up a lot of products so far, but still have a lot more to work through. I decluttered a significant amount of makeup during the first quarter so my stash is a bit more user friendly now. I'll look through my stash again over the holiday weekend and see if there are more things that should be tossed or unused products to be donated. 

YTD = 502

So neatly laid out! @itsfi 💕💕💕

Thank you @sister13! I'm having to look for surfaces other than my countertops to lay out my empties - bottles just want to roll away. 😂

@itsfi Wowza!!! Good job!

Thank you @Samtian! Some of these products took a while to get through but I got through ‘em…eventually. Lol. 

@itsfi you didn't like the inkey list moisturizer? I was going to use that in conjunction with the herbivore Bach to hopefully increase the potency 🤷

@lmaster, your plan to use it with the Herbivore is a good one. 👍🏼 TIL Bakuchiol was fine if I used it as a serum; on its own, it wasn’t moisturizing enough for me. Might be that I just used it during the wrong season for my skin. 

@itsfi thank you for clarifying!!

I love the sunprise sunscreen! @itsfi 

It's a staple for me @jen81! I like trying out new sunscreen to see what's out there but this Etude House one is always one I have in my rotation, in case a sunscreen I'm testing out doesn't agree with me. 

June empties total 55 YTD total 290

IMG_20210701_214847646.jpg

IMG_20210701_215319642.jpg

IMG_20210625_114708356.jpg

IMG_20210612_205722288.jpg

IMG_20210614_221914979.jpg

Loves⬆️

IMG_20210701_215511763.jpg

IMG_20210701_215039629.jpg

Likes⬆️

IMG_20210701_215624960.jpg

Nope ⬆️ @Ispend2much6 it is the thin to normal hair version,, I don't know if that really makes much of a difference but I definitely did not like it at all

@lmaster Wooo great job!!

@Samtian thank you sweets!!

Obsessed with the YSL night reboot and I don’t see it on Sephora now, unfortunately. I’m working on a deluxe trial size now and am definitely going to buy the full size when it’s out. I see you didn’t love it though? I think a lot of skin care doesn’t make a lot of noticeable difference for me but that product makes my skin so soft, moisturized and even. 

10,744 Replies
testing