cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Too crazy @missjeanie ..the one I'm using now is Pineapple Coconut. I'm not crazy about the scent but it is the least overwhelming of the ones I've tried..at least in recent memory (sage+lavender and the rose ones). I agree about the white marks. I think the other scents didn't leave them as bad as this one.

And with LRP, I've read/heard some positive things about their products and SPF. I think I tried a different spf (in a sample packet) that was also a dud. Maybe that packaging just doesn't work for the product or they were old. I bought one of their cleansers to replace the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser once I'm done with it. 🤞

@ShortErica The Cicaplast B5 Baume from LRP is one of my favourites of their products so far.  I have very dry skin especially in the winter and it makes a great moisturizer.  The only product of theirs I haven't enjoyed so far was a cleansing oil for the body.  It worked fine, next to no lather, and I was clean.  But I need a little more joy in my showers.  I need a nice fragrance or feel on the skin.. something ... more.  lol.  LRP is a line my dermatologist recommends all the time so I keep trying more of their stuff.  I want to pick up their HA serum next. 

Ooo let me know what you think of the HA @missjeanie. @faeriegirl posted about finding a replacement/cheaper alternative for Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum so she might be curious too since from my quick Google it seems to be HA and B5.

@ShortErica @faeriegirl I've used up a few bottles of the DE BHydra.  I tend to be dry skinned, especially in the cooler months and found that it was okay, but not amazing as a hydrating serum for me.  I've since polished off the Versed Hyaluronic Acid (it was way too watery for my liking but did deliver a similar level of hydration as DE), and an Inkey List HA (it was okay but didn't wow me in any way, I also tried adding their fpolyglutamic acid to this and while again, it was fine, I still wasn't wow'd) this combo was better than the Versed for me simply in ease of use.  I'm currently working with a Bioderma Hydrabio Serum and so far I really like this one.  I have a deluxe sample I've been using for almost a week and I could easily see myself grabbing a full size.  Its got nice spreadability on my skin, I feel super hydrated using this with a few different moisturizers after that aren't exactly all stars for me.  My skin doesn't feel dry in the mornings in at all and the little bit of fragrance isn't noticeable to me (last ingredient). I still have serums here in my 'to open' drawer, I believe PTR and TCS, and Sweet Chef... maybe lol.  I hope you find a great hydrator faeriegirl, I'll try to keep an ear/eye out for how your dupe search goes, hopefully some of this helps a bit!

Loves 

F929F0BC-D9DF-44DF-AF5D-B219A1DC25BF.jpeg

914270C0-9F00-4784-B1D9-6DC033D8B558.jpeg

9BADA94B-BE45-4B6C-81A7-8FCF6C1E681E.jpeg

@jen81 What's the texture like for the Good Molecules Daily Brightening Serum?  I'm looking to possibly use this in the morning, and would prefer a thin texture.  IDK if this would fit the bill or not.

@greeneyedgirl107  It’s a thin liquid. Didn’t have any problems with it under makeup. Absorbed pretty quickly in my opinion. 

@jen81 That's so good to know.  Thanks!  🙂

Great empties @jen81 some bigger products you moved though 🙌

I'm late with posting my July empties and have tried in vain for the past 20 minutes to get this to post, 😔 so I'll just keep it short and sweet. If anyone has questions on an item, let me know. These are mainly from July, some from the last few days of June and first couple of days of this month. Most of the full size or travel size products were part of a group that has been in and out of my rotation for the last 8-10 months. It feels good to get through much of the partially used items I had sitting around the house. YTD: 550

I would repurchase these or pick up full sizes (during the fall sale)!I would repurchase these or pick up full sizes (during the fall sale)!Some oldies but goodies, as well as some new faves.Some oldies but goodies, as well as some new faves.These were good. Some, like the Fresh toner will probably be part of the November sale haul (if that will take place).These were good. Some, like the Fresh toner will probably be part of the November sale haul (if that will take place).These were nice; there are just other comparable products I like more.These were nice; there are just other comparable products I like more."It's not you; it's me.""It's not you; it's me."Except for the Hanskin PHA cleansing oil which stung my eyes, nothing irritated my skin. Milk Makeup Watermelon Mask Stick started off well, and may have suffered in its effectiveness because I left it untouched for too long between uses.Except for the Hanskin PHA cleansing oil which stung my eyes, nothing irritated my skin. Milk Makeup Watermelon Mask Stick started off well, and may have suffered in its effectiveness because I left it untouched for too long between uses.

DESTASH: I usually try to use up my products or find a way to re-purpose, unless it causes me to breakout or some other negative reaction. Neither was the case here. I don't know what happened, but it didn't seem like it would be safe to keep using it.

Destash - ruh-roh! I don't know how this happened, but part of the bottle ended up inside the cap. It must have fallen and then been stepped on (?). Sad to have to toss this one - Deborah Lippman Naked is my favorite neutral/nude. I won't be sad for too long though - I have several backups. Ha!Destash - ruh-roh! I don't know how this happened, but part of the bottle ended up inside the cap. It must have fallen and then been stepped on (?). Sad to have to toss this one - Deborah Lippman Naked is my favorite neutral/nude. I won't be sad for too long though - I have several backups. Ha!

I'm curious your thoughts on the Meltdown, @itsfi. I'm about to start using it and want to know if there's anything to look out for.

@haleyvvvv, the oil isn’t bad but it took me a little getting used to. The scent is very strong - herbal, medicinal. To me, the scent lingers. It was fine when I wasn’t applying it near my nose.  

It works better for me as a spot treatment on smaller zits, helping to reduce the size a bit and for some spots, bring them to a head. For larger areas, like my jawline, I prefer to mix it with my moisturizer because it can be drying - which are first is great because I don’t realize how drying it is but a couple days with just applying it by itself and it caused some major dryness. I do have dehydrated skin so that might have meant it left it more drying than with other people. 

This is super good to know, @itsfi!! Thank you so much!! I have dryish skin and would use it as a spot treatment, but good to know to keep an eye out for overdrying.

@haleyvvvv, happy to help. Hope it works out for you!

Great job on going through stuff, @itsfi!  I always love seeing your sheet mask collection :).

Thank you @CookieGirl1😃 It feels soooo good to see progress with the various bins of full size, travel size and foils dwindling down. Hopefully I can keep this up through the end of the year, especially with my sheet mask stash. 🤞

@itsfi it's cool because you obviously enjoy them so much :-). I'm not someone who really loves sheet masks, myself, but I genuinely love looking at everyone else's collections and reading reviews on what people like and don't. Your empties pics are always so satisfying!

Are you sheeting me 🤣 too cute @itsfi I feel the same about the watermelon SC mask

The names of the masks in that line are all so cheeky @lmaster! 😂 I love it! ♥️ So clever. 😃 And, the masks are good! 😍

July Empties! Slowly moving along.

JulyEmp.jpgJulyMaskEmp.jpg

Spoiler

FS

Amika Reset Clarifying Gel Shampoo and Gel Conditioner - these were gratis and fun to use. The shampoo was my favorite, I used it when I needed a light-deep cleansing. My daughter used these as well, and they worked better on her hair than mine. Not a repurchase, but very nice to be able to try out.

Bioderma Sensible Micellar Water - I’ve lost count on how many I’ve purchased at this point. A couple of backups in the waiting. My eyes need this gentle cleanser, I am so incredibly thankful to have discovered it thanks to this lovely BIC community. 

Bite Cream Lip Gloss Lavender Pearl - a declutter. The shade is very unappealing on me, though I love the formula.

Crème Shop Clear the Way Rosewater Towelettes - these were handy, and I like that they are cruelty-free. Gentle and not drying. Thank you @missjeanie for sending this well-loved goody my way 🙂

Josie Maran Divine Drip Argan Oil and Honey Balm - this marshmallow scented cream is what I would use every night if I could. The scent, absorbency, and richness are such a treat. LOVE.

Lue by Jean Seo Balance Hydrating and Calming Serum - this is a very good Peach & Lily Glass Serum dupe. Slightly thicker, bur behaves similarly on skin for a fraction of the price.

Real Mary by Rated Green Purifying Scalp Scaler - I’m not real certain what this product does, but it seemed to help deep clean my hair. Wouldn’t repurchase because I prefer the Living Proof Triple Detox for a thorough bimonthly cleaning.

Sephora Collection Melting Shower Jelly Pillow Battle - this was a very nice shower gel, and one I would repurchase if it were available. The scent is somewhat like baby oil, but not quite. 

Stila Shimmer & Glow Vivid Sapphire - another declutter. It’s so pretty but I never wear it.

Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask - love this type of product in a squeezable tube! Easy and clean application. Like a very thick moisturizer, with a barely there (very, very subtle) medicinal scent. I had this a little over a year and it started to smell off, so I finished it up as a foot cream.

Trader Joe’s Cranberry Pine candle - I ran out of scented candles and found this in my closet. So it was Christmas in July:) This is a really good blend, not too pine-y, and just the right amount of fruitiness.

Trader Joe’s Green Tea Scrub - love TJ’s scrubs. @Shosh85 thank you very much for this little treat, it was great!

Village Naturals Glacier Zest Iceland Body Butter - one of my last in-store purchases. The scent is Lysol strong so it was immediately a foot balm. Worked great as such!

DS

Acure Resurfacing Glycol & Unicorn Root Cleanser - this was just ok. Too drying for my skin, and I don’t need to add another acidic product to my routine for sure! 

Elemis Superfood Berry Boost Mask - I really enjoyed this clay purifying mask, but I really don’t need another. The purple color and bits of something (blueberry?) are lovely. If this were strictly a hydrating mask, would 100% repurchase.  

Elemis Superfood Blackcurrant Jelly Exfoliator - Feels more like a mask than a cleanser. A fairly thick eggplant-colored gel, with a slight fruity scent. The granules are gentle and feel bouncy. Might repurchase at some point, as it is pleasant to use.

Josie Maran Argan Oil - this was from a multi set and the scent is off so I am decluttering

Moroccanoil Color Depositing Mask Bordeaux - I saw the reviews and was still curious. This colored my hands and bathtub more than it did my medium brown hair. Disappointing shade pay-off, but the scent is nice 😉

Moroccanoil Treatment - once I get through my DS stash of this product, I will repurchase. Anytime these come up as promo, I snag one. Thanks to the recent one, I have restocked my stash 🙂

Nest Wild Poppy - both poppy scents I have tried haven’t been my cup of tea (Jo Malone was the other). 

Peach & Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum - works as a solid day serum for me, very lightweight. Does provide a nice dewy base, and I am happy to have a FS backup now.

Tarte Ready Set Radiant - worked ok but seemed to leave my skin a little tacky.

Foils

Barefoot Scientist High Dive Foot Cream - Loved this little sample. Very rich, not greasy - another future purchase.

Caudalie Instant Detox Mask - this surprised me, as I expected a charcoal or white clay mask and it was pink. Loved the scent, reminds me of ylang-ylang (and also of the Petal mask). A good option for a future detox mask for me.

Drybar Liquid Glass Shampoo and Conditioner - although these were the best products I’ve tried from the brand, my hair just doesn’t respond the best to their products. Loved the scent.

Esteé Lauder Advanced Night Repair - worked fine.

Exuviance Vitamin C Serum Capsules - these were fun to use, and I really liked the serum. It is a thick, light yellow gel/cream with what feels like vitamin C powder (similar to the Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Vitamin C Serum). In fact, it is very similar, and although I’m not a huge fan of the waste involved with the individual capsules, they would be great for travel. 

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic - I guess I’m on a citrus kick; this is a really lovely and bright perfume! A future purchase, and could work as a dupe for the Acqua di Parma Fico I recently fell in love with, as they are extraordinarily similar. 

Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint - I was very excited to try this, but the shade closest to my skin color had a strange gray tint. I tried the others, but the scent was a bit off. Still, I would give this another try if I could.

It’s Skin Dual Essential Fluid Day/Night - Loved the night version, it has a fresh, clean almost bamboo scent and although lightweight compared to most night moisturizers, kept my skin from feeling dry in the morning (thank you @Shosh85!) . 

Milk + Honey Body Wash No 16 - this has a true cardamom scent and was very pleasant to use. Would 100% buy the FS of this. 

PMG Labs Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation - this was nice to wear and try. It felt very lightweight, yet covered well. There wasn’t enough product for me to see how it would work on a full face. Would like to try this again.

Sachajuan Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner - I already own the FS conditioner, I had been saving these to share and discovered they were expired, so I went ahead and used them. 

Sephora Clay Mask Sample Trio - I’ve used this a few times, for the price I think these are fantastic little no-nonsense masks.

Smith & Cult Locked & Lit CBD Lip Balm - loved this green, goopy gel. The scent is sweet, fruity - if it is available in a tube, I would repurchase.

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay - This is a declutter. I was trying to find a dupe awhile back for the original Hourglass Veil; this was not it but sufficed. 

Tatcha The Liquid Silk Canvas  - I was a fan of the Silk Canvas, so was really excited to try this. Ever since the switch from three to two free samples, I have almost always received the samples I have requested. I would much rather have two samples of something I will use and possibly buy, than three samples I won’t! Kudos 🙂 This is much easier and less fussy to apply than the original; if I repurchased one, I would go for this over the pan. Still experienced a bit of pilling under makeup, which was frustrating.

The 7 Virtues Vanilla Woods -  I wouldn’t have guessed this to be a vanilla perfume. It reminds me of the scent of old smoking pipes. It also reminds me of SDJ’s LE Body Spray Scent 2, which I love and have been rationing. Purchased the rollerball and have been wearing it regularly. It will make a nice fall scent, too..

YTD 
Sheet Masks223
FS76
DS90
Foils78
Total467

So many empties @eshoe! That reminds me to use that amika gratis. Another thing hidden and resurfaced during the move. How would you describe your daughter's hair since it worked better for her?

5,251 Replies