cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Great way too end 2023 @faeriegirl I love that shampoo too. K18 Biomimetic Hairscience PEPTIDE PREP™ Clarifying Detox Shampoo 8.5 oz / 250 mL 🤩🤩 it's sooooo good!

@CynthieLu  It is my favorite. I’ll definitely be repurchasing it as soon as I get through the Living Proof one I’m using now.

What livving proof shampoo are you using at the moment? @faeriegirl 

@CynthieLu  I’m using the LP triple detox shampoo. I used to really like it but this time it has not been as good. I definitely prefer the K18.

Thank you for that @faeriegirl 🙏 aaah that's good to know. 

@faeriegirl Great job!!

@faeriegirl good to know about the Naturium, I've been wanting to try her lip balms. Great job using up so much!

That’s quite a few things you managed to empty before the end of the year @faeriegirl!

Ahh… Naturium. My wife was obsessed with trying out her things when she first launched the brand. I had to enlist the help of ny cousin to get it across the border. Too bad that lippie wasn’t working for you but at least you’ve got a little space for something new. 

Good to know your thoughts! @faeriegirl great job

IMG_7078.jpeg

I completely forgot this one but it deserves its own separate post. 

Thank you again to @TeamBIC for the wonderful and generous Holiday Gratis. My wife wanted to treat herself to a mask day last night and picked SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Grapefruit out of the entire collection of masks that we have. She thoroughly enjoyed that one! It was hydrating and the living room smelled of grapefruit! It was a bit big for her so she cut some strategic slits in it so it would lie flatter on her face. 

It's a goodie! @JoSometimes 

@lmaster Ny wife certainly enjoyed it. I might have to go get myself one next time. 

IMG_7087.jpeg

A few full sized products to start off the new year. Some were actually finished before the new year.

Loves

Spoiler
Hadolabo Goku Jyun Lotion
A great J-Beauty “dupe” of The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum. I put dupe in quotation marks because the ingredients lists share a few items but there are also some big differences. I have something in mind to try soon but I’ll definitely repurchase in the future. 

LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL 
This one was fantastic for late night hydration. I can get away with delaying my morning skincare routine if I use this the night before. I have something else I’m currently using and a few sample pots of this, so it’ll be some time before I repurchase. 

Equate Moisturizing Lotion
A dupe of Cerave’s moisturizing lotion. I feel like I just bought this and it’s already done! I will repurchase in the future though. 

Spoiler
SEPHORA COLLECTION Intense Felt-Tip Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner 02 - Satin Chocolate Brown 
I love felt-tip and brush-tip liners in general. I have other ones that I prefer more but I wouldn’t mind repurchasing if I ever needed to. 

Origins Plantscription™ Multi-Powered Youth Serum 
A pleasant serum. I need more time with it to form a better opinion. The price is up there though, so I’m not sure I’d go for it. 

Destash

Spoiler
The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Lash and Brow Serum 
I tried this one and then kinda used it inconsistently. I believe it’s expiration date is past due hence the destash. I want to give it a proper try again some day.

White Conc Body CC Cream
I bought this mainly for the Vitamin C content when I had a massive flare up all over my body last summer. It smelled pleasant and had a shimmery effect but also a whitening effect. My skin is nowhere near fair enough for this, especially since I was using it in the summer time. I haven’t touched it in forever, so it’s just collecting dust. 

@JoSometimes Great work!!

Thank you @Samtian! 😊

Great job @JoSometimes I've tried some Hada Labo stuff before and enjoyed it. Good to know about this one!

@makeitup305 They recently released a North American line. I haven’t looked too much into it but it should be easier to find now. 

@JoSometimes a Teso just opened up near me and they had the entire skincare lines of brands I didn't know and some I recognized (like Hada Labo). I wanted everything! 

@makeitup305 I love browsing through those kinds of stores! They have all kinds of hidden treasures if you’re willing to take a chance (or use google translate on everything)

@JoSometimes I need to take pictures, go home and research, then come back and pick it up in person. The markup wasn't bad either. I saw the Canmake Munyutto Highlighter (they had testers!) and they were sold out so I got it off of Amazon because it was just too stunning. They also had some Judydoll and few other makeup brands that I recognized as well. We ended up buying snacks mostly. If I wasn't on a no-buy I'd be running rampant in the beauty and skincare section lol

You are so strong @makeitup305! I would have caved so quickly…

10,744 Replies
testing