cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

The last few weeks have been fairly hectic for me, so I'm a bit delayed but these are all of my empties from the month of February. I start a "empties" box every month that gets emptied out at the end of that month. 🙂

Key:

❤️Red Heart= I've used this product for a long time now. It's one of my tried/trues, I'll continue to buy it.

💛Yellow/Orange Heart= I've used this product for a long time now, I like it enough to continue repurchasing.

🌚Black Heart=I really enjoyed this product but it is now discontinued.

💝Ribbon Wrapped Pink Heart= A relatively new product I've been trying but I'm liking it a lot so far.

👩Shrugging Girl Emoji= I haven't used this product enough to formulate a strong opinion about it. (It's "okay")

👍Thumbs Up= I'm liking this this product. Nothing revolutionary, but I like it enough to try it again/maybe repurchase.

👎Thumbs Down= I'm not liking this product and I won't be repurchasing. 

IMG-3316.JPG

*EDITING MISTAKE: Azure Eye Pads are supposed to have a "Pink Ribbon Heart 💝" rating NOT a Orange Heart. This is a new product I tried this month. Sorry, y'all*

Sheet Masks:

Spoiler
Out of all of these the Azure Eye Pads are surprising me most, they work great and I got them for $5/5 pack at Nordstrom Rack. I'll definitely be reaching for these more. Big bummer that the Sephora Gold and Silver Masks are discontinued, both of these have great performance and I think they were the last of the back-ups I had from past holiday releases. A bitter sweet goodbye, but it was time. The Sephora Almond Foot Masks are pretty good, but nothing out of this world. I will continue to repurchase these for convenience purposes and because the scent on them is yummy. The Too Cool For School 24K Gold mask is amazing, one of my oldies but goodies. The mask is quite pricey at $8/sheet mask but the biocellulose is a great treat for me because I love the texture it has on my face.

IMG-3318.JPG

Miscellaneous Beauty:

Spoiler
The Dr. Teals Pink Himalayan Bath Soak is incredible for morning times, it has a great citrus scent that really perks me up. I always try to keep one of these on hand for those tired mornings when all I want to do is crawl back into bed. The bath helps me still feel cozy and the bath salts help me with the powers of aromatherapy. I'm a big fan. I've been using the Tree Hut Shave Oil forever and I will continue to do so whenever I shave. I go through one of these each month (at least) or so it seems. Looking forward to trying out some of the different scents I have on hand. The Tree Hut Post Shaving Soothing Mist is an item that I have mixed feeling about, I like the performance but I hated the particular scent that I had this in. I'm willing to give this another shot in a different scent. I actually went through two of the AromaEscape (Sugar Berries & Spruce) Candles this month but I accidentally tossed the other one. They were a clearance find at a local store, I enjoyed them but I won't be repurchasing. Good while they lasted but I'm moving on to other (better) candles I have on hand now that these are done. I'll always keep the IKEA Tea Light Candles on hand in various scent, 36 candles for $3? Sign me up.

IMG-3319.jpg

IMG-3321.JPG

Makeup/Skincare:

Spoiler
I absolutely adore the scent and feel of the LUSH Rose Jam Shower Gel and I used this little mini as a travel companion in my "travel bag" for quite some time. After my last trip it was low enough where I don't think it will last another travel fiasco, so I decided to use it all up after my return. This is my 3rd or 4th jar of the Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Face Mask and I already have a back-up. This is probably my (all time) favorite Vitamin C focused mask. The Body Shop Tea Tree Clay Mask is also something I've been using for a minute now, although I don't like it as much as I used to (mostly because there's so many great products out there) I still reach for it from time to time and also have a back-up. The Suave Tropical Paradise Deodorant smells amazing and suave is one of the only brands I can consistently rely on for heavy-duty protection. It's especially popular during the summer with me but this scent in particular is one I "crave" year-round and it's always priced well. I've been using Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara for a while, I have many cracked open mascaras but this one was so empty I could almost see all the way down into the tube by looking in so it's definitely earned it's way into the empties bin. The Herbivore Coco Rose Body Scrub is an item I genuinely enjoy but it's better described as a body polish opposed to a scrub (this thing couldn't hold a candle to my other scrubs) but it does leave behind nice smooth supple skin. However, this comes in a glass jar and your girl here... is clumsy, so this is a no go unless I'm in a bath and even then I feel like I need to wear "kid gloves" while handling. I'll likely be passing until they can get a less potentially hazardous packaging... for safety reasons lol. 

@QueenMarceline I like Tree Hut Shave Oil, too!  I've had mine forever, though.  I layer it under my shave gel, and it helps soothe my legs.  I saw in the Ulta circular that there seem to be two new scents: Watermelon and Tropic Glow.  Personally, I prefer the one I had that didn't have a labeled scent.  I'm afraid some of the scents they currently have now will be too strong or off-putting.  IDK of any other inexpensive shave oils, do you?

@greeneyedgirl107 Honestly, I'm with ya I've been using this one for a hot minute. I think the scent I used was a mix of Shea(?) and Coconut Lime. I recently purchased the Moroccan Rose scent but I haven't had a chance to try it since I'm still working on an opened one.

@QueenMarceline I bought the rose one a while back and while I like roses, the acent seemed strong so i returned it.  I have a few months left with my current bottle,  so I'll have to make a decision about something!

@greeneyedgirl107 Oh dang, I'm curious to try now. Hopefully it isn't too strong of a scent because I also am usually a big fan of rose scent.

@QueenMarceline great bunch of empties!!

@lmaster Thank you 🙂

@QueenMarceline Great empties and legend! I noticed Tree Hut products in there! I want to try that brand out 😀

@Mellmars1185 Highly recommend trying out their shave oil. Life. Changing. 😄

@QueenMarceline Great to know. I have to see where I can find it in Canada. I saw it on Amazon but the price was high.

@Mellmars1185 Oh no, that's such a bummer! I'm not sure if you have all of these in Canada but I have had luck finding them at: CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, RiteAid, Target and similar types of "larger generic" retailers. Hope that helps 🙂

@QueenMarceline  Wow awesome job!!!! Lots of great products!! I also hate when my favs get discontinued. 

@ather Such a bummer. 😕 I wish they would bring these back, they're truly top notch.

@QueenMarceline 

the herbivore cocoa rose is great! I love how hydrating it is and it smells fantastic. though I have to agree although the packaging is aesthetically pleasing I am also a no-go with glass in the shower. I'm also an avid fan of the tree hut shave oils. 

@WhereYouStand I still have a sample size of the Amethyst scrub as well. I don't think I'll be repurchasing though, there's a scrub I really like that has even better softening effects.

Es super satisfactorio terminar los productos y empezar uno nuevo. Eso significa que lo estas usando con constancia!!

Since February has ended. This is all I used up in the month. Pretty sad. But I’ll try harder next month!!! 

5EE97401-159D-474E-8022-54899A6B6079.jpeg

@ather I'd say any dent is a good dent in using up products! ^_^ 

@WhereYouStand  Aww thanks!! I’ve been trying to get through all my foils. But I have soooo many. 

@ather Some months are slower than others, don't be so hard on yourself. Here's to a more fruitful March. 🍻

@QueenMarceline  Thanks!! I may do some destashing in March also. 

10,615 Replies
testing