cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@ather Well wouldn't you know it! I put this on my face! Haha 😄🤣

@Mellmars1185  Lol omg. I wonder if there’s a face version tho!

@ather I didn't bother to read the instructions on the full size lol. My May empties are quite funny because there was another product I put on my face which i found out after the fact was not for the face.

@Mellmars1185  Oh no lol. That’s funny. I’ll have to check out your May empties!

@ather I will probably post April, May and June together 😉

@Mellmars1185  Lol ok! 

I felt the same way about that Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner, @ather. The Tatcha Peony is fantastic, though!

@eshoe  I feel like our hair must be so similar. I have another sample of that set I might give it away to a friend.  

@ather  I can tell immediately if a shampoo or conditioner is going to work, I bet you are the same way!

@eshoe  Pretty much as soon as it’s in my hair!!  Have you tried the DE ones?

@ather I have, when they were first released so it’s been awhile. I really liked the shampoo right after applying, but could tell when I washed it out that it wasn’t what my hair needed. The conditioner wasn’t for me, either 🤷🏻‍♀️ Do they work for you?

@eshoe  Oh darn. I haven’t tried I have the mini size from a set that I’m planning to open next

@ather  I’m so curious about that Trader Joes eye cream cause you’re the second person who’s mentioned it in the last couple weeks.  

@heartsmyface  I really loved it. I noticed a huge difference in the hydration and lines looked plump so I recommend it totally. My only downfall was the scent. To me it’s like stinky feet. I wonder who was the other person to mention it and if they noticed the scent. 

Good job!! @ather 

@lmaster  Thanks it feels good to clean out my stash!

Didn't use up much this month but it was something:

20220528_183126.jpg

Spoiler
I used up the Tatcha Mini Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer 0.35 oz/ 10g for the sake of using it up but I really don't enjoy it.  The amika Reset Clarifying Gel Shampoo 6.7 oz/ 200 mL mini was actually pretty good!  Sadly it's OOS almost everywhere; otherwise I'd be tempted to buy a full size.  The Kenra hairspray mini was fine but wouldn't repurchase.  
Tree Hut scrubs are soooo popular and I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't like them.  It's something about the texture and I can't put my finger on it but after trying a few of them I think I need to finally give up!  The Caudalie Premier Cru Anti-Aging Serum with Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz/ 30 mL is definitely overpriced for what it is (although thankfully this one was gifted to me) and it's fine but really not "worth it".  Already repurchased the Ulta facial tanning mist because it's easy and gives me a subtle buildable tan glow and Sunday Riley Good Genes All-In-One AHA Lactic Acid Treatment always has to be in my routine (yes, I already have a backup!).

20220528_183611.jpg

Spoiler
Los of samples but the only real standouts were the Lancôme Mini Monsieur Big Mascara Mini Size Black - 0.13 oz/ 4 mL (of course, it's my fav mascara) and surprisingly the Clarins Double Serum Firming & Smoothing Anti-Aging Concentrate sample packets.  I've read enough dermatology reviews to know that the Double Serum really doesn't have the ingredients to back the serum's impressive claims but I loved the texture and the scent.  I wish it really did have a more effective formulation!

good job @CookieGirl1 !

@makeitup305 Thanks!

@CookieGirl1 Great work. Seems like a lot to me!

10,778 Replies
testing