cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Agreed @ather! Sometimes I just need something that works without making my skin go crazy. 

Ohhh @JoSometimes, the entire Etude House Soon Jung line is such a beauty! 😁 The balm is one of those products where it never hurts to have a tube on hand at all times.

I agree @itsfi! I’m alternating between the Soon Jung toner and LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL depending on how my skin feels. I also used Soon Jung intensive barrier cream when I had a really horrible eczema flare up a few months ago and it was the only thing in my skincare stash that helped my skin feel normal again. 

@JoSometimes, the formulation of the Laneige Cream Skin is beautiful. 💙 Wonderful for layering moisture onto the skin. I've tried the mist and the milky cleanser from the line. They've repackaged this one, made it refillable. I've heard that the new formulation is thinner than the original. 

I'm glad you found a good product for when your skin acts up. It's always a relief to know that there's something you can reach for when your skin isn't cooperating with you. Etude is really nice brand; I've had good experiences with many of their products. As is Laneige.

@JoSometimes Ooh great job! Peach balm sounds good. 

Thank you @Samtian! I absolutely love it!

@JoSometimes lovely empties! 

Thanks @lmaster!

APRIL EMPTIES

MTD = 43 

YTD = 191

April Empties 1.jpg

Except for the Walgreens nail polish remover pads, which were too drying on my nails, I would happily use any of these items again. The shower poof is nice, but I prefer the Salux wash cloth / towels. Holy grail products in this group are amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo, Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation and the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C💖 

April Empties 2.jpg

I enjoyed all these candles but my favorites were the VOLUSPA Barbados Grapefruit Jar Candle 5.5 oz / 156 g 1 wick candle and the JaxKelly Citrine Crystal Candle - both great to gift to yourself or others. The crystal candle has a gemstone hidden inside. The other four smelled wonderful; I started burning them at various times during the holiday season so it's nice to finish them up.

April Empties 3.jpg

The foils in the top row were mostly fine - the Skin Inc. Licorice Serum irritated my skin so that will not be purchased. Benefit the Porefessional seems like it's better suited for those with oily skin. If I pick up another sample, I'll save it for use in the late summer when my skin is oilier. While I'd happily use every product in the bottom row, my favorites are Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel and the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Skin Barrier Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz / 50 mL. The foil is the original version but I'm interested in trying the new, reformulated version and have picked up a deluxe sample.  

April Empties 4.jpg

Of this bunch, the by Wishtrend, Mediheal R:NA and the illiyoon are tried-and-true sheet masks and are often repurchased. The new blueberry mask from the Sephora Collection caught my eye - packaging it recyclable and the sheet itself is compostable (woohoo!!!!) - this performed well, though for my skin, this particular varietal is probably better suited for the warmer seasons. I plan to pick up another one for that reason, and try out a couple different "flavors".

April Empties 5.jpg

I would happily use all three and have time and time again. SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine is one of my frequent travel companions. ✈️

These are amazing empties @itsfi 🤩

Great job last month!

@CynthieLu, thank you. It’s funny how there are months when things get used up at the same time. Makes me think there will be a smaller batch of empties for me at the end of this month.

@itsfi you did it! Look at all the empties 👍👏👌

@blackkitty2014, thank you. It’s a nice feeling to have fewer and fewer products, full sizes in particular, that are meh or that are ones I don’t enjoy using. 

@itsfi So many wonderful empties! Lots of full sizes in there! 

Thank you @Mellmars1185. I keep fewer deluxe and foils samples on hand these days and try to use up all my full sizes. I’ve had a couple of months with some larger empties count so I imagine next month will have a smaller amount of empties. 

@itsfi  Great job!! Wow you really got through some candles!! The jaxkelly ones sound good and I also love the VOLUSPA Barbados Grapefruit Jar Candle 18 oz / 510 g 1 wick candle  the scent is so good! How have I not tried the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine  I need to asap!! I like the steam ones and the wander ones. So I guess my next order will have to include the SC ones.

@ather, thank you! Love me my candles. I have a very healthy number to get through and *try* to be very selective when I purchase more. I know I will go through them, that's never been a problem (they're such a great way to unwind and offer some aromatherapy), but I don't want too much of a backlog. 

The SC caffeine eye masks are nice for an extra perk in the mornings. I like to drop a pair or two into my travel bag. Wish they'd make them in the jars with multiple patches. But then, it wouldn't make them as convenient for travel.

Some solid fave's there @itsfi !  What did you think of the Supergoop! Daily Dose Hydra-Ceramide Boost + SPF 40 Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL ?  I picked one up and have tried it a few times, but I can't quite figure out what I think. 

Thank you @missjeanie. I'm finding that there are fewer instances where I have a lot of 'no' products, or even 'meh' ones. It feels nice to have primarily have "likes" and "loves". 

That's the Supergoop! Daily Dose Bioretinol + Mineral SPF 40 with Bakuchiol 1 oz / 30 mL. This one had a lot of good things going for it on paper - mineral SPF, tinted, contains bakuchiol! My feelings on it can best be expressed by saying "it's complicated." 🤣 Based on my experience, it's one of those products that, if you can find the best way to work with it, it can work wonders for you. But, that said, it can also take some trial and error to find out how it might work well for you. The first few times I used it, it stung my eyes something awful, and occasionally, it made me look like I dunked my face into a tub of oil. After sticking with it, and finding the moisturizer to pair it with and realizing it looks best mixed or paired with certain ones of my foundation or concealer, it's turned out pretty well. There are so many great sunblocks coming out on the market that the Supergoop! SPF is one that I would happily use again but I don't think I'd run out to repurchase it.

@itsfi I think the same thing about my loves and likes versus nopes.  I hope it means we're getting better at figuring out what's best for us.  

I'm going to keep at it with the Supergoop! Daily Dose Hydra-Ceramide Boost + SPF 40 Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL .  You're giving me hope that I too I can find the right combo of products.  I really want to love this one! lol

@missjeanie, I really do believe it means that we have a better handle about what works well for us. Being more ... strategic, yeah, that's a good word... being more strategic of what I pick up and when has been helpful. Nowadays, I often wait for a sample, or pull out something I may have that's similar, before jumping to put it in my cart and check out. Doesn't happen all the time, but more so than before and enough so that I keep my stash of products from overflowing. 

What is it about the Supergoop! Ceramide Sunscreen Oil that keeps it from being a love for you? Is it the texture? How it looks? Maybe we can troubleshoot and find a combo that will complement it.

10,778 Replies
testing