cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Well that's disappointing!! @lnum hope you find some better products! Great job 

@lmaster Thank you! I hope so too. 

@lnum Great job! It feels so good to chip away!

@lnum Great job! It feels so good to chip away!

@lnum  Great job chipping away at your products!! Too bad some didn’t work out! 

@lnum Nice empties. Sorry to hear there were not some winners in there.

@Mellmars1185 I think I learned a don’t fix what isn’t broken kind of lesson. My $12 Eucerin body cream is still the best ever. 😂

I'm so sorry the Stivectin system didn't help you at all @lnum 6 weeks is giving it a total fair shot 💙

@CynthieLu I did buy the full sizes when they were on sale so I’m going to try and finish them! The cleanser is a decent cleanser but the system itself just doesn’t seem to work for my breakouts which is unfortunate. My aesthetician actually noticed the difference too in that I feel my breakouts have been more frequent and asked me to start alternating with a new cleanser since this one isn’t working. It might just be my skin and hormones. 🤷🏻‍♀️

IMG_3543.jpeg

IMG_3326.jpeg

IMG_3546.jpeg

Byoma Creamy Jelly Cleanser was great for daily cleansing duties. Not drying and a little goes a long way. I’ve already restocked and chronicled it on Shoppers Run! Sales, secrets, and hauls! 

China Glaze quick dry drops were interesting. They had a menthol-ness to them that I could smell (and accidentally got in my eyes once 😣). Found it at Marshall’s. I’d buy it again if the opportunity arose.

Azure Hyaluronic & Retinol day cream. I was surprised to see retinol and day in the same product name. I didn’t use it during the day though, only at night. I actually used it on my arms to help cell turnover after my crazy bad flare up last month and get some stubborn wounds to finally start healing. The jar is deceptively thick, meaning there was less product in the jar than I thought there would be. I haven’t seen anymore on the selves, so I probably won’t get to repurchase even if I wanted to. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Nourishing Moisturizer for Skin Barrier was something I borrowed and they just let me keep it. It’s a little thicker than #SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hyaluronic Acid Hydrator Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL and didn’t irritate my skin. Good for anyone with sensitive skin that needs something a little thicker. I’m enjoying Tower 28’s new moisturizer, so I probably won’t repurchase this for myself. 

Finally finished my little trial pot of Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm. This worked really well to break down makeup. I would purchase a full size if it were a little more affordable.

I know there’s a tiny bit more lotion in that bottle but it’ll be done by the end of the weekend. The label peeled off when I opened it and I can’t remember too much about it other than its J-beauty. It’s a thinner consistency and non-irritating, making it a perfect summer lotion for me. I would repurchase again.

Yuskin Hana yuzu hand cream was ok. I used it at work and it was fine whenever I didn’t have a flare up. It was not great at calming anything down if I was having one. I liked the scent but it’s something I’ll probably pass on and look for a better option. 

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL trial size that I got in exchange for some points. It was moisturizing but did make me a little tingly sometimes. Not irritating but noticeable. I like the serums in my collection, so I probably won’t repurchase anytime soon. 

And a couple of foils that I finally decided to open! It’s hard to make a judgement based on 1 or 2 uses.

In summary: 3 loves, 2 maybes, 3 meh, 2 foils

@JoSometimes great job! I've seen Byoma around and have wanted to try it. Glad it worked out for you! If you keep an eye out during Black Friday, Farmacy does sets of 3 minis and has good discounts on their website so it might be a better deal then.

Thanks @makeitup305! Buying direct when it’s from the across the border doesn’t always work out in my favour, but I will still keep an eye open just in case!

@JoSometimes That’s true, sorry I hadn’t though about that! You might still be able to get a discount on the 3 minis set during the Sephora sale, and I think usually they’re a better value than just getting a big one.

@JoSometimes Fantastic job!

Thank you @Samtian!

@JoSometimes Great empties! I like the empty tower you made 😊

Haha! Thank you @Mellmars1185!

@JoSometimes  Great job! Awesome to hear you found 3 loves! 

Thanks @ather! Its always interesting trying new things. 

Fabulous job!! @JoSometimes 👏

Thank you @lmaster! There were a few more that I just added. Didn’t want to clog up the feed with another post. 😅

10,778 Replies
testing