cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Thank you lovely @itsfi 

@lmaster  great job with empties and destashes! I am also waiting to repurchase the Glow Recipe Strawberry Smooth BHA + AHA Salicylic Acid Serum until I use up some other products. I am trying to do a skincare no buy for now since I just have such a backlog of products to use up.

@caitbird yep I get it, with products that expire, there's no reason to hoard a bunch of products, like I have in the past. I'm using what I have for the most part before I buy

@lmaster Woah, fantastic job this month! 😍 I loved the TJ's Vanilla Pumpkin candle! That Moonlit Graveyard soap looks so nice, sad I missed that for the spooky season. I actually thought about getting the Farmacy Strawberry Shortcake since I love the original so much but worried about it smelling too "dessert-y" for my face and ended up passing on it. 

@QueenMarceline thank you!! 😂😂 My problem with it, is that it doesn't smell desserty enough!!! It's very light imo I love a strong scent and this wasn't cutting it for me 

@lmaster Hmmm, that's interesting. Sounds like maybe its worth checking out for me 🤣 I don't know why I expected it to be an extremely intense strawberry shortcake scent.

You may very well like it @QueenMarceline 

November empties🤎IMG_3460.jpeg

All are loves but the only items I’m not planning on repurchasing are the YTTP eye serum and SF lip balm. The Inn beauty project vitamin c eye cream has replaced the YTTP as my favorite AM eye cream and the SF vanilla beige balm was good I just prefer the other versions.

@faeriegirl Great empties! Have you been getting the DDG promos like me? 

@Mellmars1185  I got the holiday vault this year, so I’ve been a lot more consistent using them.

@faeriegirl Fantastic job!

Thank you @Samtian!

I spy an OG favorite @faeriegirl - I love(d) that Sephora Collection honey lip balm. Wish they hadn’t discontinued it. 😔 

@itsfi  It is still my favorite lip scrub. I still have 2 of them and I’m going to be so sad when I use them up.

@faeriegirl Nice job! How do you like the TJ's scrub? I just purchased my first scrub from them in the whipped cocoa scent, very excited to give it a go 🙂

@QueenMarceline  I really like the scrubs from Trader Joe’s and the Brazil nut is my favorite. I got the pumpkin one this fall and it was really good too. I just picked up the cocoa one and I am really excited to try it out!

@faeriegirl good to know about the iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Bright & Tight Dark Circle Firming Eye Cream with Vitamin C & Peptides 0.5 oz / 15... being a new fav; I recently tried their lip glazes and really like them so I wouldn't mind trying something else from them.

@faeriegirl  wow, great job! Glad you found so many loves among them!

November 2023 Empties

Month to date: 37

Year to date: 400

Details regarding foils in the Foil Challenge thread

November 2023 Empties.jpg

Lots of deluxe / travel and foil sized empties in November. 

Empties Review

Spoiler
I would happily repurchase (or, for the samples products, purchase) everything here except the MARA Mini Chia + Moringa® Algae Enzyme Cleansing Oil 2 oz / 60 ml, which itself isn’t bad, it’s just not for me. It contains an ingredient that my skin has been known to have some sensitivity. 😞 I can use this cleanser, but not everyday, and, for something I would use as a first cleanser, I prefer it to be something I can use everyday.

I've struggled with adult acne for more years than I can count. 😩 I still get an occasional breakout, but it's not been as frequent this year as in years, no, decades, past. I kid you not, I used to go through a pack of these acne dots (Peace Out Acne Salicylic Acid Day & Night Duo are my favorites), from one brand or another every 4-6 weeks. This year was a breakthrough year, in that, the last time I posted an empty pack of these pimple patches was 4 months ago! Months, not weeks. That feels good; real good! 😁

Gucci Brume de Beauté Beauty Mist 2.7 oz / 80 mL - this is a love, must have product for me❣️ I'm on bottle #2 and am contemplating picking up another bottle just to make sure I have one on hand. This makes my skin look luminous and helps to keep it hydrated! 

OLEHENRIKSEN Mini Skin Barrier Strengthening Moisturizer with Peptides and Niacinamide 0.5 oz / 15 m...  is part of my cool weather squad rotation, along with Tatcha, Dr Jart Ceramidin, and Farmacy Honey Halo. Love ‘em and my skin is grateful for them. This OLEHENRIKSEN Skin Barrier Strengthening Moisturizer with Peptides and Niacinamide 1.7 oz/ 50 mL I have in multiple sizes.

Chloé Chloe L'Eau and Chloé Chloé Naturelle Eau de Parfum are two fragrances I would purchase as full sizes, though I won’t be picking any bottles up until next year because I am trying to be good and not go for all the fragrances at once. Pacing myself is hard this time of year with all the deals.

Likewise with the reformulated JVN Nurture Hydrating Shampoo For Dry Hair 10 oz / 295 ml and JVN Nurture Hydrating Conditioner For Dry Hair 10 oz / 295 ml (shout out to Maria at Corte Madera store for making me such a generous sample of each, holy moly). Ideally, I’d have no more than 3 shampoo and conditioner sets open and in rotation, 2 detox masks or shampoos, 3 hair masks, and maaaaaybe a new-to-me s/c that I’m testing.  I’ve exceeded my limits in a couple of those categories so I must (try to) be good.

@itsfi Amazing empties! I am so glad to hear you have been needing less of the peace out patches lately. Do you have an idea of what is helping you out with experiencing less acne? I could use tips! I go through waves. I also have experienced adult acne my whole adult life. I thought it would stop (at the latest) in my twenties. If my memory serves mw correctly, is that the Gucci spray you discovered in NYC? Two bottles? I think I need to check this out.

10,745 Replies
testing