cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@heartsmyface Whoo still an amazing job!

Ooooh, those Diane cotton pads sound wonderful @heartsmyface. Just added a pack to my cart. 🛒 The Etude House compact is so cute - is it a powder or cushion foundation? 

Need to remember to bring those Rescue patches with me. 

@itsfi   They were a great find!  Let me know what you think when you try them!  
The Etude has a cushion pad applicator but isn’t a cushion in that it’s contained in a sponge.  It’s more like a thick paste with a net on top.  
The rescue patches are going to be a lifesaver over the holidays!  I like the license to let loose without the adult consequences.  

@heartsmyface  great job! Even though you say it's not a lot, it still seems like a pretty good batch of empties to me! I feel like I don't go through as many products as quickly as a lot of people seem to, but part of that is not being as consistent with use as I'd ideally like.

@caitbird  Fair enough.  It doesn’t seem like a lot perhaps cause I tend to go months at a time before doing an empties post and I am actually on schedule this time :D.  Plus I’ve been all over the place using different products everyday.  It’s hard to get through anything that way.  
Yeah getting into a routine that you actually follow is a big part of it.  I find it’s easier to simplify things when I’m taking out of routine- though I do love the process of, say, ten step skincare.  

November empties:

20231201_213617.jpg

The Biolage Strength Recovery was fine but I don't think I'll end up repurchasing it and I've been through several of the amika Bust Your Brass Blonde Purple Shampoos but I think that my hair is finally "tired" of it so I won't be repurchasing it, either.  The Drybar Agua Fresca Hydrating Shampoo 8.5 oz / 250 mL was a little "meh" but I actually really liked the Drybar Agua Fresca Hydrating Conditioner 8.5 oz / 250 mL and it was conveniently on sale for BF so I snagged a replacement.  The Verb Bonding Shampoo 12 oz / 355 ml and Verb Bonding Mask 6.3 oz / 186 ml are declutters; I made it about halfway through each but finally realized that they were the culprits behind some scalp irritation that I'd been having.

20231201_213749.jpg

Already repurchased the Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Illicit Green Eau de Parfum and already had a backup of the Charlotte Tilbury Jumbo Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 6.7 oz / 200 ml ready to go.  The Glow Recipe Avocado Ceramide Moisture Barrier Cleanser 5 oz / 150 mL was actually nice but not a standout and the Medi-Peel Bor-Tox serum (a Korean peptide serum) was a little underwhelming.

20231201_213942.jpg

Not really a fan of any of these 😕.

20231201_214028.jpg

I've been through multiples of both the tarte maracuja juicy lip liner and the tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Plump and I already have backups ready to go but the Rhode lip treatment was a little bit of a fail.  I loved the scent of the Salted Caramel but the formula wasn't a fav.

20231201_213506.jpg

Yes, yes, yes 😍

Gorgeous display of empties! @CookieGirl1 

@CookieGirl1  Wow so many empties!  Great job!  I love the Tarte lippies too.  I have one or two in my purse all the time 😀.  The candles sound so good 😊 

@CookieGirl1  Great job!

@CookieGirl1 Great empties! I am curious why your hair is tired of the Amika? Have you tried the IGK Mixed Feelings Purple Leave-In Blonde Toning Drops 1 oz/ 30 mL ? When I had highlights I just need a drop or two mixed with some serum and I found it to be really efficient in toning my hair. Thank you for all of your feedback!!

@Mellmars1185 First of all, the Amika really isn't "purple" enough to do anything for my hair.  My go-to is the Olaplex No. 4P Blonde Enhancing Toner Shampoo 250 mL/ 8.5 oz because it definitely does the job although it's definitely pretty drying (as I typically expect from a purple shampoo).  I was honestly just using the one from Amika because it was oddly hydrating for my hair and functioned as a basic everyday-style shampoo that I could use but more recently it's just been leaving my hair feeling a little dull and lifeless and to be fair, I feel like my hair texture has changed a little bit this year so for now it's time to take a break and not repurchase it.

@CookieGirl1 Wowza great job!! I still need to try that Black Opium.

@Samtian I'm not a fan of the original Black Opium but this one includes a jasmine note and jasmine normally works really well with my skin.

@CookieGirl1 Ooh I like Jasmine notes. 

@CookieGirl1 Lots of amazing empties! Great job on the perfume!

@BluePaisley thanks!  I get a lot of use out of this perfume during the colder months.

@CookieGirl1  The maracuja lip plump is sooooo good!!!  It’s so soft so I power through them as well!  And wow, you went through an entire perfume!!!  Congrats!! 

@heartsmyface I don't know how many of those Tarte lippies I've been through at this point but they're so easy to throw on so they're a great purse lip product.

Ahhhh, that Paris Cafe candles sounds like it would smell amazing @CookieGirl1. ️ Great job on working through so many products.

@itsfi I really like Paris Cafe!  It has a great throw, too.

@CookieGirl1  great job! I think "nice but not a standout" perfectly describes how I felt about that GR cleanser too. I don't think I've ever used the same shampoo and/or conditioner long enough for my hair to get tired of it, I am always switching things up to try something new! Maybe someday I will find a shampoo and conditioner that I like enough to stick with them for a while.

10,778 Replies
testing