cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Cumulative empties from months. Some of this stuff is OLD and resurrected from the depths of my undersink cabinet. 

TIMG-2718.jpg

The good- Pyunkang Yul (all), Biossance Mini Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 0.5 oz / 15 mL , Clarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate , Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum , Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 2 oz/ 60 mL , LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask , Sunday Riley Autocorrect Brightening and Depuffing Eye Contour Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL , Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm , Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Texture Renewal Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL , Heimish Artless Glow Base, Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer , Glowish lip mask, Youth To The People Mini Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 0.5 oz/ 15 mL, Rhode Glaze, Neutrogena Hydro Boost cleanser

The bad- La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream Moisturizer (the smell was off-putting, Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter Unscented (this was the watermelon from a set and it was too much for me, I'd probably like the unscented version, though), OTZI cleanser (this is ancient, but it was not good)

IMG-2719.jpg

These went bad before I could use them even though they were sealed 😞  except for the The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL which I just did not like. I'm sad about the Oskia, which I've never tried, and the Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL which I really like. 

IMG-2720.jpg

Perfume was old, nail stuff got used up

IMG-2721.jpg

5 stars although I probably wouldn't repurchase the AG Hair, I can find better.

IMG-2722.jpg

The L'Oreal foundations went bad super quickly, these aren't even a year I don't think. These are the second and third (if not more) Sephora Collection liners that have dried out quickly on me. Idk if it's me not putting the cap on properly or what but I have bad luck with these. I really liked the Sweed mascara even though I'd never heard of the brand before I got this. The Glow Recipe Glow Lip Pop Lip Balm Watermelon was pretty and got used up all the way, which is rare for me. The mascara is old and never got used since it was a waterproof I bought by accident. The CP brow mascara was not good.

@makeitup305 Nice work on the empties. It feels nice to clear out the things that arw not serving us anymore.

@Mellmars1185yes, it's so satisfying.

First of all, @makeitup305, I'm super-impressed by how much you used up!  Talk to me about the Sweed mascara--I've heard that it's a good one but what do you like about it?  Would you repurchase it?

@CookieGirl1 I used it up a bit ago so I don’t recall exactly what it was. I think it was volumizing but still fanned out my lashes. The brush is weird so it was unexpected. I think I would pick it up again, but on sale- no mascara is worth $30 to me. Every high end mascara I’ve ever bought has been at a discount lol

@makeitup305 Whooo good job!!

Thanks @Samtian !

What a round up! @makeitup305 good work getting everything used up 🥳

@CynthieLu there's a few with stuff left that I didn't finish but I'm patting myself in the back for most of it lol I'm sad about the stuff that went bad, though. I need to remind myself to FIFO and not buy so many backups, especially when it's "clean".

Its so true @makeitup305 It's hard to see items in our collections go bad 😭

@makeitup305  It’s good to go through products every now and then and clear out old and expired products.  Appreciate your going through all of them and giving your opinions 😃.  

@Cissy63 I like to fill up a basket under the sink and then go through it when it's overflowing. I like reminding myself of what I liked to keep an eye out for in the future. Some of these were past their prime though lol

Woo I am close to hitting my goal!

• 2023- 92/100
  • 2023- 32 Destashes

July Love.jpgJulyb Love toby.jpg

Love-
Charcoal & Witch Hazel Nose Strips x2- Didn't hurt!
Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Cream
Laura Merciew Vaciar Stick Samples- 2/3 loved.
Bb Invisible Shampoo
Bb Invisible Conditioner- hair was so soft even a week after use.
Toby's Magic Cow

July Ok No.jpg

Ok-
Bioderma Remover- I prefer the Sebium version.
Peach Soda Chapstick-went through the dryer
Bareminerals Mineral Viel- George decided I was done with this one. It does ok, but doesn't last long.
Creme Shop Chill Out, Skin! mask
Playa Every Day Shampoo
Playa Supernatural Conditioner

No Opinion-
Chrry Bubble Tea Mask- expired. And had Vit C that I didn't realize till later. Thought it was supposed to bubble...but that could have just been the name.

July Destash.jpg

De-stash-
4Vr Sweet Wave Candle-way too sweet...even for me.
Tom Ford Ombre Leather- very strong.
BBW Secret Wonderland Lotion- Very old, very strong gross smell.
r.e.p mask- expired

Ok what is that rainbow picture?? Bubble bath?? @Samtian great job 🙌

@lmaster Thank you! It's a bath bomb!

@scott1201 Awesome empties! You will definitely hit your goal this year

@Mellmars1185 Thank you! I can't wait!

Your so close to your goal! @Samtian you've got this in the bag 🙂