cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@lmaster Wow fantastic job!!

Thank you sugar! @Samtian 

Wow, @lmaster, great set of Empties!  

Thank you love @CookieGirl1 if every month could be so good 😂

August 2023 Empties (MTD: 28 / YTD: 290)

August 2023 Empties 1.jpg

Spoiler
Ohhh, so many loved treats here! Except for the Abbott Sequoia fragrance, which I actually think would make a lovely candle (more so than as a fragrance) & the DHC Cleansing Oil (which suffers from having so many amazing cleansing oils to compete with), I have already repurchased or will purchase full sizes of these beauties. 💖💖💖 

DHC Cleansing Oil
LANEIGE Radian-C Cream with Vitamin C 1.0 oz/ 30 mL
EADEM Milk Marvel Dark Spot Serum with Niacinamide and Vitamin C 1 oz/ 30 mL
Saint Jane Beauty Luxury Sun Ritual Pore Smoothing Face Sunscreen SPF 30 1.7 oz / 50 mL
Versace Dylan Purple Eau de Parfum 
ABBOTT Seqouia Eau de Parfum Travel Spray 0.34 oz / 10 mL eau de parfum spray 
Touchland Power Mist Hydrating Hand Sanitizer Velvet Peach*  
Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Medium to Full Coverage Radiant Concealer with Hyaluronic Acid
SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Skin Gel Cleanser with Prebiotics 
Rhode Peptide Glazing Fluid*

*A well loved favorite or holy grail product

August 2023 Empties 3.jpg 

Spoiler
I like and would happily use any of these beauties; the hard part is figuring out which I'd run out to  repurchase. Front runners are the Cutex individually packaged nail polish remover wipes (so handy for travel), the Grande Cosmetics GrandeLASH-MD Lash Enhancing Serum Mini .033 oz / 1 mL, but I recently received a lash serum I've been wanting to try so I'll go through that first to see how it compares to the GL, & the JMsolution Quick Routine Nourishing Honey Mask - this is in special edition packaging so I'll have to see if the brand puts out a regular version of this mask pack. 😍 All others, Biossance Squalane + 70% Alcohol Hand Sanitizer 8 fl oz/ 240 ml JVN Mini Complete Instant Recovery Heat Protectant Leave-In Serum .84 oz / 27 mL and the Lovinah Dragon's Blood BHA Cleansing Oil were good. 👍

August 2023 Empties 2.jpg

Spoiler
I like the Lancôme Le 8 Hypnôse Serum-Infused Volumizing Mascara 00 Black, but have a few full size mascaras (mostly of the Lancome waterproof kind) and a handful of deluxe samples to work my way through. I should be stocked up on mascaras through 2024, at the very least. The Pureology Mini Hydrate Kit for Dry, Color Treated Hair was okay; just not a favorite for me.

And 6 foils which I talked more about on the Foil Challenge thread. 

August was a good month for empties. I've been tossing out my empties as my bin gets full and taking photos before trash pick up day so it's not until I see these pics together that I realize how many empties I've gone through in a month. It was a nice mix of foils, deluxe sample / travel sized mini's and full sized items. 

@itsfi Awesome empties!

Lots of loves and repeated repurchases in this batch of empties @Mellmars1185 !

@itsfi Even your empties photos look so elegant!

@JoSometimes, awww, that is so very sweet of you to say. Thank you. 😊 I’m lucky that the area where my table sits gets good lighting, most days. I just have to be home when the light is out to snap a photo. 

@itsfi  Wow. I am impressed. You have been busy in August using up all the products!! I seen a huge list of lives there! I am impressed! I love all the pictures it’s really fun. I thought you had separated them for loves/likes etc. but this makes more sense. 

Thanks so much @ather! You know how it ebbs and flows. I was surprised many of my skincare products were used up around the same time, because I didn’t start them at the same time. 

I used to sort them my loves / likes etc and that’s a great way to see what has worked and what is not meant for me. I’ve been more mindful of what I buy and have made more of an effort to get samples vs blind buy so that has helped to reduce the number of meh or not-for-me products. That, coupled with it just being easier to toss things weekly or every other week, when it’s time to take out the trash, means more of a mix of products in my pics. We’ll see what happens when I move back into my place. 🤔 

Lovely reviews! @itsfi 

Thank you @lmaster! used up some fabulous products that month! 👍🏼 

@itsfi  Wow you went through so many products!  Good job!  Honey masks are so moisturizing.  That package was really special with Pooh bear on it 🥰

@Cissy63, I feel like my empties ebb and flow - one month, a bunch of full size beauties another maybe a handful. I was really happy with getting through the ones in that first pic - those are, for the most part, my skincare staples. ♥️ The sheet masks were fun to use, I don’t sheet mask daily like I used to; my skin just isn’t up for it anymore, so it took a few months to get through this batch. I might fare better when winter rolls on. 

@itsfi Woo great job! How do you like those waterdrops? I remember those being talked about before and have had them sitting in a wishlist for years lol. 

@Samtian, I like the convenience and portability of the waterdrops. I think it will depend on the flavor you pick. I purchased 4 different flavors a couple of years ago when they first came on the market and I liked the other two flavors the best - hence why I had leftovers (1 tablet of each flavor) of these two. 😆  I just logged onto their site again and they seem to have even more flavors now. 👀 I may have to try them at some point. 🛒 

For flavored water, I like using real fruit to infuse my water best, but that can require more effort than I want to give on some days, so my next choice would be the infused waters by hint, then either the flavors from Pure Inventions (liquid tinctures) or these Waterdrops.

@itsfi I'll have to look into that other one. I am interested in starting infused water. I need to drink more water and have been trying. But man Dr Pepper sure gets me. I recently had a UTI that went to my kidneys and had to drink more water than I think I ever have in my life lol. 

Oh no @Samtian, I hope you are fully recovered. 

It's good to hydrate, but I completely get it, it's not always easy to take in a lot of water. It took me a while to get used to drinking as much water as I do now. 

For infused water, you can buy bottles in the grocery store, though they are more expensive. When I make my own, I just grab my water bottle, slice up some fruit (I like oranges, or oranges, lemon & limes, though apples, cinnamon stick and pear slices make a yummy combo for the fall), add that into my water bottle and fill it up with water. I'll make it before bed and leave it in the fridge ovenight for the next day. 

@itsfi Thanks! I'll have to try that. 

At the beginning of the month I didn't think that I'd have many Empties.  Silly me 😁.

20230902_194501.jpg

Spoiler
Of course I love these!  If you know me, you already know this...

\20230902_194601.jpg

Spoiler
All loves and I either have already repurchased them or would repurchase them.

20230902_194804.jpg

Spoiler
Not my jam.  I used to love the Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL but I've found other hair oils that I like so much better and TBH, I don't understand why people love the Tower 28 Beauty MakeWaves Lengthening + Volumizing Mascara Jet so much; I ended up just using it on my bottom lashes because it did NOTHING for my upper lashes.

20230902_194903.jpg

Spoiler
Declutters.  The Living Proof Perfect hair Day Healthy Hair Perfector 4 oz / 120 mL just didn't do anything and as for the PMG lipstick...I don't know, I guess that unlike most people I'm just not the biggest fan of her lippies in general.

20230902_194937.jpg

Spoiler
Yes.  These are STAPLES in my routine!

20230902_195147.jpg

Spoiler
Meh.  Nothing to write home about.
10,744 Replies
testing