cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@CynthieLu Thank you!!

@Samtian @caitbird Thank you very much ☺️

@Mellmars1185  awesome job with all those empties! And your destashes too - seeing folks making progress with destashing/decluttering is reminding me that I need to do the same soon 😅

@Mellmars1185 Great job!

September 2023 Empties

Month-To-Date Total = 34 (YTD breakdown in spoiler below)

September 2023 Empties 1.jpg

Everything here ⬆️ was fine enough. I would be happy to use any of these again if I had extra but I don't feel like I need to run out to buy any on these items immediately. Love the smell of the Ceremonia shampoo & conditioner - these were good but I'm pretty much set with shampoos and conditioners I like having in my rotation but I am thinking about getting the perfume from the brand during the sale - Ceremonia Perfume De La Tierra 1.7 oz / 50 mL perfume spray. The Native body wash I liked, but the peach scented one from the brand is still my top choice and the one I'll likely repurchase.

September 2023 Empties 2.jpg

The nail polish removers did what they needed to do; these are remnants of partially opened  / used products that I'm working my way through; not favorites but ones that do just fine. The Phillip B. dry shampoo is a nice one, but not a favorite and at the price point, it needs to be a favorite if I'm going to repurchase it. Hibiclens cleanser and JVN Complete Blowout Styling Milk 3 oz / 90 mL are products I'll repurchase; the latter is on my list for the sale.

September Sephoria 2023 Empties.jpg

Empties from my trip to NYC. 🍎 Some tried and true and new favorites in this batch; I wrote about them in more detail on the Foil Challenge Thread. Repeated repurchases from this group include Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer and SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine. The Moroccanoil Shower Gel Cleanser Spa du Maroc is a new-to-me product that has made the list for the sale starting at the end of the month - how does the time go by so quickly?!!

Year To Date (as of 9/30/2023):

Spoiler
Category3Q2023
Skincare116
Sheet Masks45
Makeup18
Bath & Body28
Hair Care40
Nail Care12
Fragrance11
Wellness9
Candles25
Tools5
Other15
                   TOTAL324

SizeYTD
Full Size119
Deluxe / Travel / Mini58
Foils97
Sheet Masks50
                 TOTAL324

Nice job @itsfi 

@makeitup305, thank you. It was a good month for empties. 😊 

Great job with all those empties @itsfi! I love how all your foils are neatly cut in the upper right corner. Very satisfying to look at after. 🙂

Thank you @JoSometimes! I have a little OCD when it comes to cutting into my foil samples - corners and preferably with a pair of scissors. 😆 

Awesome job @itsfi! The JVN styling milk is so good! 

Thank you @faeriegirl! I've been surprised by how much I like the JVN styling milk; I definitely notice a difference when it's not part of my hair care routine. It's definitely going on the list for the sale. 🛍

@itsfi does the Moroccanoil Shower Gel Cleanser smell like all of the other Moroccanoil products?

@CookieGirl1, there are 7 different scents to choose from in the shower gel range. The scents I've tried (oud minerale, ambre noir and spa du maroc) have not resembled the fragrance in the brand's hair care line. There is a "Fragrance Originale" in the shower gel but I have not tried that scent. I'm assuming that that would be the scent that is most like the fragrance in the hair care collection but I have not tried that scent in the shower gel so I couldn't say for certain. 

@itsfi  Wow! Great job! I am impressed!! Looks like using foils have helped you find a new fav!! That’s awesome!! I like that the nail polish remover did its job 🤣 I guess that’s one that does one thing great so it can’t really get much better! 

@ather, I'm going to try to hold off on picking up any more foil samples until I get through the ones I currently have - it's amazing how many foils can accumulate or how many I can find as I'm going through boxes. 🤣 

lol, yeah, nail polish remover. So often, I just need 'em to do what they say they'll do. My favorites are from Zoya and the Cutex individually wrapped ones. I tend to pick up other nail polish removers somewhat randomly - usually I'm headed out the door to work and realize I have polish that needs to be removed on one hand or on a few fingernails because I was swatching and forgot to take them off the night before. That means a pit stop at a Safeway or CVS on my way into the oftice and at that point, I just have to go with what they have. 😅 I'm starting to keep one or two of the individually wrapped remover pads in my purse and in my desk drawer at work. I just have to remember that I have them and to use them (and swap them out occasionally) so they don't dry up. I can totally see that happening (drying out) when I finally do reach for them. Hahaha!

@itsfi Great job!!! I'm planning a spa night with the caffeine mask tonight lol.

Yaaaay to spa night @Samtian! You deserve some R&R.

@itsfi Thank you!

@itsfi Amazing progress! It looks like the foils came in handy for NYC! I need to try out the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine . They sound like they are very good.

@Mellmars1185, I'm still working on finding what works best for me for products when traveling - go with deluxe sizes, foils or decant my full sizes in travel packaging. A work in progress, for sure. It usually ends up a combination of all, but a mix of products. I did mostly deluxe samples / travel sizes a few months ago; this trip there were quite a few foils. What do you typically do when you travel for work?

@itsfi I can totally relate. During the trip to NYC, I did a combination of both as well. I found the deluxe sample of Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser and it was perfect. I just needed the one for the entire trip. I brought some foils for serums and ended up tossing them there. I forgot to count those. 

When I travel I usually take foils because I will only go somewhere for a night or two. I do plan on doing some more travel next year and I am thinking it will be a mix of deluxe and foils. I think travelling is a great way to make use of the smaller products because it takes up less room in my luggage. 

10,744 Replies
testing