cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@QueenMarceline You're welcome! 🤗

Amazing empties @makeitup305 I know it's from a few months but this is an impressive stash! Great job using and cleaning out your products!

Sorry too hear how quickly CT dried up on you. Is there no way to reactivate them? Total bummer!

thanks @CynthieLu ! I think you can use Duraline to help revive them bu they’re just so messy to even open that I just tossed them. I think I heard that they were reformulated to improve this issue but I’m not 100% sure. These were LE colors unfortunately.

@makeitup305 I got a little misty eyed seeing that Tatcha. I had just discovered how amazing it was...once it all sold out for good. Great job!

Thanks @Samtian. I still haven’t found a good replacement for it, I’m going to be sad when it’s done.

@makeitup305 I'm kinda glad to see I'm not the only one who finds the Fenty Lip glosses just okay.  I need to break into my sample of the T28 Mascara as well.  Where do you pick up the Davines hair care?  I've heard a few people mention loving it lately.

@missjeanie I don't get the hype of the Fenty tbh. I was really attracted to the LE shade they released for the holidays, which was very pretty but when I swatched it in store I remembered why I never use mine. The smell and the consistency just don't do it for me.

I got the Davines from a 3rd party seller off of Target. A little sketch but they had good prices and the products seem legit. Every once in a while I've also seen them at Costco online. I really like this one. If you have curlier or dryer hair, you might like the Love line but the purple one, which is richer.

@makeitup305 I love a gloss so when the OG gloss bombs came out I bought one, but wasn't in love with it.  I tried the cream when those came out since I tend to prefer no sparkles... still a 'meh' for me.  

I'll keep an eye out at Costco for the Davines... my hair is... complex lol, super dry ends, but super oily roots.  I need to do some research. 

@missjeanie what kind of water do you have? My water is super hard (even with a softener) and on @GG84 's recommendation I used a chelating treatment and installed a Sprite shower head and I noticed a difference in the texture and dryness of my hair.

@makeitup305 Its been a while, but I remember checking when I moved in here a few years ago and the water is actually really good.  The rate for my city is pretty good (I just looked that up again now) but I may have it tested anyway.  Can't hurt!

@missjeanie if you want to try a chelating treatment, I used the Ion one (they sell the little packets at Sallys and they're super cheap). I also got a plastic cap and an application bottle. I put it on, put on the cap, and then used a hair dryer on it for 30 min. From what I understand, unlike clarifying shampoos, chelating shampoos remove mineral buildup in your hair instead of just product buildup. 

@makeitup305 Great suggestion... we have a Sallys here and I'm always willing to experiment.  It's for science!!  

@missjeanie for science! for reference, they look like this -> there's some that look similar but do something else, just in case.

a.png

@makeitup305 I've saved this photo!!

I recently got rid of the pearl as well 😞 @makeitup305 I feel your pain LBVS, great job

@lmaster I had one more backup that I just opened and it still seems fine but I'm sad that it's gone after that.

Oh how I miss saving up all my empties from the month just to post/review them on this thread ❤️ 

@QueenMarceline Lol... Under my bathroom sink has about four months of empties... that I keep forgetting to post.

Wow, nice work @missjeanie@QueenMarceline, it's satisfying to see what products have been used up at the end of the month, but I'm not always good about keeping them through the month, so I'll take a photo of all the ones up to a certain point and then toss or recycle the packaging when it comes time for trash day.

@missjeanie At some point I went digital and started logging them with ratings in a google doc. 🤣

@QueenMarceline I would LOVE to be that organized.... But I know myself lol

10,781 Replies
testing