cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

My mini stash is a little too big @makeitup305 I'm always trying too whittle it down 😉

Cumulative empties (and some expired products that just needed to get tossed) from the past month or two. 

IMG_2999.JPEG

Love: both Tower 28 products

Like: the ITCosmetics and the Tarte

Just ok: all 3 foundations, the Kosas concealer, and the Fenty gloss

IMG_3002.JPEG

Love: Tatcha Pearl (RIP), Beauty of Joseon Cleanser (wonderful)

Like: Innbeauty eye cream (it was nice but it wouldn't play nice with my other skincare), YTTP Dream Mask and Air Cream (the air cream is lovely but I need something more hydrating. If you have oily skin, you might love it; Dream Mask was nice but nothing to write home about imo). Pyunkang Yul eye cream (it comes in satchets so if you travel a lot it might be a good pick, you get more than 2 uses per packet). Josie Maran cream was nice but I wouldn't go out of my way to pick it up.

IMG_3003.JPEG

Love: the Davines conditioner and the Olaplex No.6

Like: Moroccanoil Styling Cream

IMG_3010.JPEG

Most of these were old or used up. My biggest peeve was the CT jelly shadows. I'd heard they dried out quickly but wow, what a waste of money. 

Love- VB mascara

Like- YSL Touche Eclat (I have dark circles and I need a little more oomph but it was lovely otherwise)

Meh- Everything else

Wow @makeitup305, you have done well! Very well! Love Davines! 😍

@makeitup305  Great job! I agree. Why did tatcha stop selling the pearl?? Makes me sad! 

@ather When I asked, the CS rep told me that the ingredients were getting hard to source. I wonder which ones. I'm surprised they haven't tried reformulating it and re-releasing it. It might be a risk considering so many people liked the old formula.

@makeitup305  Oh interesting! Well that makes total sense. 

@makeitup305 Is that Tower 28 Beauty MakeWaves Lengthening + Volumizing Mascara Jet in your loves list? How did you like it? Is there another mascara you would compare it to?

@JoSometimes I liked it more than I thought. It gave decent volume and length and didn’t smudge or flake on me. I don’t have another one right off to compare it to but if you’re looking for an affordable mascara with good volume, I’ve been really liking the Maybelline Unreal Lashes. Covergirl Exhibitionist is an oldie but a goodie similar to TooFaded Better Than S-x. 

Thanks for sharing @makeitup305! I think I have a favourite mascara but I’ve heard good things about the one from T28. I wanna give it a try at some point. 

@JoSometimes Which one's your favorite? I rarely spring for an expensive mascara, the drugstore has so many good ones. This one was part of a Sephora Favorites set a while back so maybe it'll pop up again.

@makeitup305 Thank you for sharing your thoughts on everything! It is good to know you loved the Olaplex 6. I have an open bottle. How did you use it? 

@Mellmars1185 I've used it as a leave-in conditioner with a couple of drops of oil as well as a styling cream. I don't really style my hair much so I'm mostly looking for moisture and preventing my hair from feeling dry and looking frizzy.  I put a little in my hands and emulsify it before raking it through from the mids to ends of my hair and then prayer hands. I would say start with a smaller amount and then use more if you feel like you need it. 

@makeitup305 Thanks for the tips. I think why I stopped using it was because I was possibly using too much and then blow drying my hair. Since I have thin hair with an oily scalp I didn't want anything weighing down my hair. I will try this method next time I let my hair air dry.

@makeitup305 Great set of empties and declutters. 🙂 Thank you for sharing! Gosh I love The Pearl, which reminds me I've been really slacking on getting mine out the door. I have an unopened one that I've been almost scared to open up because I know that's it once it's gone, but it's definitely getting up there in age. Going to crack it open ASAP. 

@QueenMarceline I just opened my last backup and it was a sad moment. Thankfully it hadn’t turned since it’s been in my collection for a good bit now. 

@makeitup305 Oooh, yes thank goodness. Mine is also still holding up, I gave it a look-over after I posted my comment. You guys are also inspiring me to do a makeup declutter (in the midst of a full apartment declutter because I'm moving in a few months and need to make my life easier) and I really am trying to rotate some things in as I remember them, to avoid it slipping my mind later on. I already started a little my little makeup "purgatory" as well 🙂 

@QueenMarceline That great! Good luck! Reformulate “declutter” as “curating”and it’s a little easier, too. 

@makeitup305 Hahah yes! Thank you! ❤️ You've honestly been such an amazing help

@QueenMarceline You're welcome! 🤗

Amazing empties @makeitup305 I know it's from a few months but this is an impressive stash! Great job using and cleaning out your products!

Sorry too hear how quickly CT dried up on you. Is there no way to reactivate them? Total bummer!

thanks @CynthieLu ! I think you can use Duraline to help revive them bu they’re just so messy to even open that I just tossed them. I think I heard that they were reformulated to improve this issue but I’m not 100% sure. These were LE colors unfortunately.

10,778 Replies
testing