cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

love your empties @suzyo

love your empties @suzyo

Re: Empties - 2019

Interesting @suzyo. I really enjoyed Bite last year but have seemed to react to it this year. @PinkEvergreen mentioned something similar. Wonder if the formula was tweaked or we are maybe getting allergic to it?

@ShortErica  It dried the skin on the corners of my mouth. Not my lips, just the skin around the corners. It took me about 6 months to figure out that the Bite was the culprit. I even went to the dr thinking it could be fungus. This tube is very old, as I was afraid to use it for a while. I was able to use it up by wearing in the morning for a couple hours, I just can't wear it all day or all night. I love the new mask in a pot though, that stuff is great.

That's good to know. Thanks @suzyo!

June empties: Loves ❤️❤️❤️Loves ❤️❤️❤️5CA0DB87-C478-431D-9D97-3BF1D65FDAE6.jpeg

Always love seeing products you're using and have used up @keana1! Great mix of skincare items! ❤️

Thanks @itsfi ! 😉

@keana1 I couldn't handle the Tata Harper smell so if I get those samples, I'll know how to and them to. 😊 How is everything going for you?

@ShortErica I just love the smell of Tata Harper products! I must have a weird sense of smell? I’m fine but still tired... and tired of not being able to sleep for 7-8 hours in a row! 🤷🏻‍♀️

My nose is sensitive to scents and that's just one that doesn't agree with me. Glad to hear it's going fine. Hope you get some extra sleep.

@keana1 Amazing empties! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks @RebeccaBT ! The Algenist Targeted Deep Wrinkle Minimizer was a Nope for me ! Maybe my wrinkles aren’t deep enough Hehe 😉

May was a weird month for me in terms of empties. I didn’t finish as many products as I would have liked because I had tried to start off strong by finishing off things that were only half full, so by May I was starting to dive into basically full products. I couldn’t find all the empties but I screenshotted my note of the 15 that I did! Plus a photo of the empties I for some reason kept.

Spoiler
Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner - i LOVE that this was in a spray bottle. it was a really nice hydrating toner that I felt prepped my skin well for the remainder of my routine. i have a few hydrating essences and toners that im currently using up, but ill circle back to this one when i need to restock.

Pacifica lip wipes - honestly, i picked these up more as small wipes to take off some eyeliner and brow makeup in a pinch before a workout. they smelled like cherry blossoms which i liked, but dried out quickly. i think that is more a packaging flaw than a product flaw.

ALO grapefruit guava body butter - the texture was nice but the smell was just SO overpowering and strong.

SC cotton rounds - does the job and the price is right.

OH Banana Bright Eye creme - love the smell, love the color correcting properties. i did find that there was some lightening of my undereye circles with extended use. i completely recommend.

This Works Pillow Spray - i truly did notice a difference in my sleep! the only thing that is making me hesitant to repurchase is that i had to change the pillowcase after each use because some reviews said that if you didnt, the spray would make a moldy smell on the pillowcase. i also didnt love the idea of putting my face on the oils (even indirectly) because my face is so sensitive and reactive. ive switched to a similar scent in a diffuser and have the same results.

BTS Mascara - cult-favourite. my favourite. pretty much speaks for itself!

Dermalogica Active Moist - i liked this product while i was using it, but it was a little lightweight for the weather we were having at the time. i preferred it when the weather was warming up a little. i would consider rebuying it to use as a spring moisturizer, or for someone with less dry skin. 

benefit porefessional - i didnt like the texture the first few times i tried this a long time ago, and recently decided to give it a try. SO GOOD. i understand why this is a product people swear by. and a little went a long way. 

Prince Reigns Ingrown Serum - what the heck? probably the most expensive, useless serum i have ever purchased. it literally did nothing to heal or prevent ingrowns.

SDJ bum bum cream - another product that needs no explanation!

Lush Bubblegum Lip scrub - tasted amazing, results were decent, but it was just a mess. ill stick with the SC scrubs that come in a tube. i found myself avoiding using it because it always ended up all over the place and it was hard to get the right amount out.

NARS climax mascara - i have become very picky with my mascara lately. i liked the brush on this. it definitely isnt the worst mascara ive tried on my journey for the holy grail (that honor goes to Smashbox SuperFan), but it was just ok in terms of results. i have had better results with others that i prefer.

Biore Blackhead Warming scrub - the pro: this really did warm up when you applied it! con: had scrubbing beads which is a big no for the environment. ive moved into a more environmentally conscious direction since purchasing this product, and products like it. this was my last of the scrubs (and i used it on my body because i dont use physical exfoliants on my face anyways)

KVD Tattoo Liner: dont agree with KVD's personal views so i wont support this brand. but more importantly - this product just dried up SOOOO quickly i feel like i barely got use out of it. ive switched to gel pot eyeliner and im loving the results so much more!

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Spot Treatment - this was advertised to reduce redness and pimple size in four hours. i did a test at work and .... IT DOES! it has 2% salicylic acid, which is the active ingredient. not anything new, but the product did work and had a low price for a lot of product. the only con is that the gel is a little thick, and dries down to a bit of a film (it almost seals the pimple in). if you put makeup on top, eventually the film kinda pills and balls up, almost like when you have a sunburn and peel. but for a night spot treatment it was great for OTC.

4E1D15C2-1E74-4B1B-B51F-FBE598F7DD9E.png

D95A5AAC-3EE3-4410-A929-6BC40EE23542.jpeg

0F7EBA20-020F-44CD-BF86-CD5C1FF0B464.jpeg

@cianni, awesome list of empties! I feel the same about K...

@cianni, awesome list of empties! I feel the same about KVD, it was just one thing after another. She has some great products, but none of my money will go to support that brand. I've been favoring tight linning with dark eyeshadows for summer and really liking it so far.

Re: @cianni, awesome list of empties! I feel the same about K...

@angelKiss24 that’s a great idea for liner!! I may have to steal it haha. I have SO many dark shadows, 95% of which I honestly have not used once because. Liner may be the only way I can incorporate them into my regular rotation. What brush do you use?

Re: @cianni, awesome list of empties! I feel the same about K...

@cianni, I use Wayne Goss' 07 brush.  It's listed as a precision lip brush, but I only use it to line and smudge out my upper and lower lashes. It's stiff due to the shorter hairs but not too stiff where it'd poke my eyes unpleasantly.  He also has a more traditional eye brush (08) that I've never tried.

@cianni Wow! Great job! 

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT thanks girl! its so satisfying to see the numbers get up there. plus i get to make room for some newness! the releases are coming in fast and furious it seems like

good job @cianni you are doing great 😊

good job @cianni you are doing great 😊

Re: good job @cianni you are doing great 😊

@lmaster thank you!! i was hoping to hit 100 by the end of june but LOL that is a bit ambitious. im just happy that i havent had a lot of misses lately!

Empties - 2019

May empties & empty masks. Did a lil vacation for mothers day so used some of my fav foils. 😍 Ariul 7 day mask set, all good/ok results but the fit/scent on some were off-I liked some more than others.

10,615 Replies
testing