cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

I hope you found another product that calmed your skin, @lmaster, without the oils!

January 2020 Empties

Empties-2020.01.PNG

Trophy - one of my faves, Thumbs Up - good and will repurchase, Thumbs Croaked - good but probably not a repurchase, Thumb Sideways - fine product but nothing special, Tear Face - disappointing, TGID! - thank goodness I finished this product - it lasted forever!

More details:

Spoiler
Verbana and Lavender bar soap
Spoiler
Cranberry hand lotion
Spoiler
DEVACURL - One Condition® Original Daily Cream Conditioner
Spoiler
Ouidad Featherlight Styling Cream
Spoiler
First Aid Beauty Triple Protection Skin Tint
Spoiler
The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL
Spoiler
fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment .15 oz / 4.3 g
Spoiler
Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel 4
Spoiler
Ulta brow gel
Spoiler
Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL
Spoiler
Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL
Spoiler
Vichy Mineral 89
Spoiler
CeraVe PM
Spoiler

@ShortEricalots of good empties! I love that protini moisturizer but it is stupid expensive

Sometimes I wonder how it would be to not have to budget and buy whatever @Brutalitops. And in the scheme of it all, I'm sure there are moisturizers that make protini look cheap. 

@ShortEricathere are, but at some point you stop paying for premium ingredients and start paying for premium packaging and premium marketing campaigns 🤷‍♀️ Doesn't make their products less nice, but at some point you get a diminishing rate of return. Or at least that's my opinion

Very true @Brutalitops. There is something to be said about nice packaging but it's more important to have a quality product. Well, at least for me. I agree that the really expensive ones you are mostly paying for a name and their marketing.

@ShortEricaYeah the nice packaging gets me more often than I'd like to admit 🙃 But at the end of the day that all ends up in the bin and it's an important thing to remind myself every time I think I want to try something new

@ShortErica have you been seeing the Deva curl drama?? I told you before, I wasn't too impressed with the no poo line,,, I have two bottles that are about 3/4 gone, that's taken me a year to get that far,,,I just don't like the way they make my hair feel,,, Ive also noticed major shedding when using those products as well. Their styling products im on the fence about now,, I've never had any issues with any styling products, so I will probably continue to use certain ones

I feel like the DevaCurl cheerleader @lmaster @ShortErica. No matter what shampoo/conditioner I use I shed enough hair that probably could put on a small child every time I shampoo my hair. I try to use minimal heat on my hair. I am 7/8 through my liter sized bottle. I only wash my hair once a week. My scalp is normal/dry.

Yeah I'm definitely not a Deva curl cheerleader @Loretta55 😆 I couldn't stand the no poo or conditioner from the get go! It was torture trying to use those products, I just did not like the way my hair felt, and that was at least a year ago... When I use olaplex, my shedding is dramatically less, but I do rotate other products as well. I do like some of the Deva curl styling products,,, but I'll probably finish those and move on, unfortunately

Yeah, with the shedding thing, I think mine is normal @Loretta55 @lmaster. And I always air dry too. My concern was people having burns on their scalp. I think that's what I read.

Terrible breakage @ShortErica and losing hair from too much moisture and scalp acne,,, I can't say that I experienced the scalp issues, but point blank, I didn't like the way my hair felt when using the cleaners and conditioner, this just gives me reason to stop torturing myself into finishing them 🤣

Sorry to hear about your experience with DevaCurl @lmaster . A few of the DevaCurl products have not produced the desired results that I was hoping for but thankfully return policies have helped with finding the products that work with my hair. 

@Loretta55 the styling products have all been pretty nice,, one of my most favorite products from the line is DEVACURL - BEAUTIFUL MESS™ Curl Sculpting PomadeI've yet to find another product similar to this, it was just the no poo and conditioner that I just didn't care for immediately

My favorite DevaCurl product is DEVACURL - WAVE MAKER™ Touchable Texture Whip. That was the first product from DevaCurl that truly made my hair look great. Just DEVACURL - FRIZZ-FREE VOLUMIZING FOAM Lightweight Body Booster with DEVACURL - ULTRA DEFINING GEL Strong Hold No-Crunch Styler did not give me the desired results that I was hoping for. I tried all of the different shampoos and conditioners but No Poo and One Condition work best for my hair.

I think that's a good stance @lmaster - cautious but not jumping on the bandwagon. I feel the same way. When I first experimented with DevaCurl, my hair felt straw-like. After I waited and got a DevaCut I had a better experience. The arc angel gel was the product that did me in from the first round. When I used it again, I had a bad time with my hair.

I feel like the No Poo/One Condition moisturized my hair vs. not getting the same effect with the Delight line - but everyone's different! As far as shedding, I generally shed a bit. When I first was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I had so much hair fall out. What I experience now is nowhere close to that so I don't believe I have an issue with shedding. I do feel like my hair doesn't absorb water though. Like I have to brush my hair in order to make it all wet if that makes sense.

If you see updates, let me know!

I absolutely know what you are referring to @ShortErica I was just not impressed from the get go with the the poo line, at least I have a reason now to pitch it, and get the Sol de Janeiro 🤣

What other hair products/brands do you use @lmaster? The DEVACURL - B'LEAVE-IN™ Miracle Curl Plumper has been my best product for refreshing. I plan to use what works from DevaCurl and see how my hair plays with other brands' products. And that was my plan for this year all along!

@ShortErica I use briogeo, AG, Aveda,aquis,alterna, verb, drybar, Moroccan oil, as I am and aunt Jackie knot on my watch..I rotate products constantly

Wow that's a lot of different brands @lmaster! Do you have a favorite or do they all do different things for you?

Some are cheaper brands @ShortErica but different products, like mousse, gel, custards, oil, leave in conditioner, detangler and heat protector, they all perform great together

10,778 Replies
testing