cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@BluePaisley It's really nice!

@makeitup305 great job!!  I would really like to know why tatcha discontinued the pearl!! How long do you use it? I noticed it says it has a 6 month expiration after opening, I've had mine so long,,,, but I hate to throw it out, there's no way I could of used it all in 6 months.

@lmaster A Tatcha CS rep told me that the products they used to make it were getting too hard to source. I bought 2 backups in December. It takes me way longer than 6 months to use it up. Maybe 9 months or close to a year since I need so little and I only use it during the day. I've gone through 3 I think. Towards the end it's less emollient but I've never noticed it smelling funky or acting weird past the 6 month mark. 

@makeitup305 ok that makes me feel better,,, because I'm still using mine 🤣

@lmaster  I’ve had mine over a year and I refuse to toss it since I can’t get more 🤪

@ather that's kinda where I'm at

@makeitup305 Good job finishing the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Triple Correction Eye Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL .  I bought a FS a while back and since I only use it on my eyelids, it's been lasting forever (I have a several retinols for different parts of my face, as well as two different retinoids).  Anyhow, IDK if you heard, but apparently they reformulated the product.  I heard on BIC that the smell is off-putting.  I just wanted to give you a heads-up.

Oh no @greeneyedgirl107 I picked up the retinol for the face but haven't opened it yet. Hopefully I can power through

@makeitup305 Let us know how it goes!  It's added fragrance that usually bothers me.  Products that smell "bad" without fragrance aren't much of an issue to me - I tend to get used to them quickly and then don't notice anything.

@greeneyedgirl107 I actually used the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Texture Renewal Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and while it does have a fragrance it didn’t bother me too much. I’m not sure if it’s the same as the eye serum. It was a spicy cinnamon bark type of scent. I didn’t feel like it lingered. Since it doesn’t have added synthetic fragrance I’m assuming it’s one of the extracts added to the formula. 

@makeitup305 thanks for sharing your experience!

@greeneyedgirl107 no problem! upon first use, I thought my face looked really bright the next day and I didn't have any reaction so fingers crossed it stays that way.

@makeitup305 wow for the laneige lip mask, you almost finished it, good job!! I have the vanilla one and recently I purchased the lip glowy balm in berry. Do you have the lip glowy balms? if yes, do you like them?

@Skunk12puzzola This is probably my second or third one that I've finished. I like the lip glowy balm, too. I've purchased a couple and they're great for on the go. Grapefruit is my favorite scent.

Thanks for the reply @makeitup305 I love both formulas. For some reason, we don't have all the flavors here (Italy) but the ones that I was looking for were there the last time I was in a sephora store 🥰 I agree, the lip glowy balms are really nice on the go!!

@Skunk12puzzola  Oh no. Which flavours can you get in Italy? I always find I have the same issue with certain products that I can’t get in Canada it’s definitely frustrating right!!

Hi @ather , we only have grapefruit, peach and berry. We are missing gummy bear and pear (but pear is discontinued). We, also, don't have gummy bear in the sleeping mask formula. I love lip balms so much, and we always can't find every product that you guys in the US have. Like the fresh sugar ones, we are missing a few scents/colors 😥

@makeitup305 wow great work on the empties

thanks @Mellmars1185 ! This is a couple of months worth of stuff, I think my last empties post was back in January!

Here are my April empties! I’ve been on a kick trying to use up my foils and any open products and the worst part is finding new favs 😝

A2BE2755-34CA-4314-89B9-BFBFD8F15510.jpeg

All were good. I’ve purchased the isle of paradise drops in a kit. I’m obsessed with the extra glow it gives me. And I have a backup of the retinol and don’t despair repair. The rest I’m unsure if I would purchase I liked them but I have other products I like more.  

@ather excellent job!! 

10,778 Replies
testing